Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Appleseed Cast thread

Started by lostpilot, Feb 13, 2009, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Quote from: stapezee on Nov 07, 2009, 07:44 AM
never really checked them out....which album should i start with?
Low Level Owl, Volumes I and II. But it's my personal opinion, cause I absolutely LOVE  this album.

No More Sugar

I have involuntarily fallen in love with this band. On complete accident, and "Forever Longing the Golden Sunsets" is the greatest song my ears have heard in so long. Mare Vitalis blows me out of the water. Ring wars was great too. I have yet to listen to anything past Mare Vitalis yet, I look forward to it...I seem to be missing out.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

lostpilot

you HAVE GOT to listen to Low Level Owl.
it's one of my favourite albums of all time, both volumes.

wither-I

Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 11, 2009, 08:35 PM
everytime 'on reflection' kicks in i lose my shit in the most beautiful way :)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

No More Sugar

what the fuck dude...Low Level Owl (1) is fucking incredible...and i'm not even halfway through it yet. Blind Man's Arrow is UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. i love this band.

lostpilot

dude, wait for Steps and Numbers/Sentece, and my all time favourite - View of a Burning City. monotonic rock has never been this good.. well, post-rock

lostpilot

Quote from: wither-I on Nov 11, 2009, 08:47 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Nov 11, 2009, 08:35 PM
everytime 'on reflection' kicks in i lose my shit in the most beautiful way :)

oh yes dude, oh yes.

No More Sugar

View of a Burning City is stellar.

ben

are you guys cumming all over each other?  Haha I get to see both albums live back to back, bitches.

lostpilot

Quote from: ben on Nov 11, 2009, 11:01 PM
are you guys cumming all over each other?  Haha I get to see both albums live back to back, bitches.

The reason god created me is to kill you and purge the planet of the unworthy!

No More Sugar

Quote from: ben on Nov 11, 2009, 11:01 PM

since you entered the thread, we're cumming all over you! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!l

lostpilot

bump
new song, new album, nice new-ish sound with more of a rock edge which I always loved in TAC sound

lostpilot

"Illumination Ritual" has leaked and it's beautiful.

I wrote a short piece on it to my tumblr,

Wonderful but desolate, "Illumination Ritual" brings a new language to the Appleseed Cast, a rather classic post-rock band with melodic vocals by Christopher Crisci. Previously the band released quite a lot of albums with my favorite guitar flavor - smooth distortion hidden in layers of delay and reverb. The imperfections of this record is rather valid and personal - and where the band stumbles on composition being less direct than usual, they manage to create a whirlwind of percussion and guitar textures that explodes with emotions. Every track has a highlight moment where all of the elements collide and create great riffs and catchy choruses.

With tracks like "Great Lake Derelict" or "Cathedral Rings" the band manages to balance between a kaleidoscopic array of instruments and anthemic rock songs with catchy vocals, and the moment of magic is there! Check this definitely if you're either a loving TAC fan or you're open to trying new but beautiful things.

bright lights, big city

That's a glowing summary, so I'm really excited now. I forgot they had a new album coming, so this is great to wake up to, haha. Will go download.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?