Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I am writing a screenplay

Started by Necrocetaceanbeastiality, Apr 14, 2009, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

It's a zombie comedy. It's basically me and my best friend, written as ourselves, having a normal, friendly, us kind of day...and then we are thrown into a zombie invasion.

It's hilarious and I can honestly say, without feeling like a complete jackass, it's really good. It'll be posted up here as soon as I feel like the first draft is solid. Nearly done writing it. Gonna revise some shit and then put it up here.

I was thinking about mailing it to some hollywood-types, but I figured that they wouldn't do a zombie comedy with two nerds, one of which is in a wheelchair, as the heroes. Still, I think it's funny enough to not be COMPLETELY out of the question. Either way, I have a good friend that is an awesome director and it will most likely be made into a movie. Probably a very low budget b-movie, but a movie none the less.

one weak

sounds like "Shawn of the Dead"

Ah, what am i saying, go for it - there's tons of great ideas for great zombie movies.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

It's rather inspired by it, yes. Also had to include a reference to it.

Also included is a blatant reference to "They Live".

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 14, 2009, 11:27 PM
Also included is a blatant reference to "They Live".
amazing. cant wait
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I used the "bubble gum" line. Because it's hilarious.

lithium

💩

pissedandpierced

I have a really cool idea for a screenplay but I need to know how I go about it, so if you have any tips for me, it would be very appreciated.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Variable

Yeah, some good friends of mine have a great idea for a Heinz ketchup commercial.  But we have no idea how to go about selling it. 

Sounds cool though Josh.  You might as well try to sell that shit in Hollywood.  People love nerds these days.  And Jimmy from southpark ;) Might as well try , right?

pissedandpierced

Quote from: Variable on Apr 15, 2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah, some good friends of mine have a great idea for a Heinz ketchup commercial.  But we have no idea how to go about selling it. 

Find out who does the marketing for Heinz in the US then approach them.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

deftonekid

I have some screenplays as well but I dont have the money to produce 'em, since I want to film 'em with atleast a HD camera. I know digital is cheaper but... I dont know.

I'd love to read the screenplay bro and also in a future watch the final cut, why not? Good luck with that.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 15, 2009, 08:53 PM
I have some screenplays as well but I dont have the money to produce 'em, since I want to film 'em with atleast a HD camera. I know digital is cheaper but... I dont know.

With all the fanciness of HD, for some retarded reason it can't even film in slo-mo.

Quote from: lithium on Apr 15, 2009, 03:33 AM
I can't wait to read it
I'd love to read the screenplay bro and also in a future watch the final cut, why not? Good luck with that.
Sounds cool though Josh. 

Thanks folks.

And as far as getting started, I thought it would be very difficult, but I've been stewing in this idea for a couple months and had grown a few simple ideas as far as the basic outline of the story and a very few ideas as far as details. Basically I just wrote it as me and my friends exactly are, so I didn't really have to worry about character development (plus, it's a fuckin' zombie movie) so I just sat down and started writing an average summer day for my friend and I and gradually brought in zombie elements. All the dialog and funny actions we do in the script are based on things we say and do, so that was also pretty easy. Honestly it's been easy from the get-go. I'm not even a writer by nature. I'm just writing things I know and things that I think are funny. It was really easy to get going especially since I was just so damn into it. It's been great fun. I've taken a short break from it for the time being to work on music stuff (Not for the movie. For performing live but that's a different story). I have a mostly completed version easily accessible to post on here, but I don't really want to until the story part is fully completed.

Sorry for rambling.

Jizzlobber

iwrote a screenplay for a short animated feauture..

i based it on Star wars, and marijuana..its called "Weed Wars : A new Dope"

i wrote it, concieved the characters and drew rough sketches of how th  characters should look and the general "feel" of the environments.

it took me about 40 days, and is roughly 50 pages long, which i might add, reads too long, could be shorter.

its fun shit to write stuff like screenplays etc.. : )
<

goldpony

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 17, 2009, 05:26 AM

With all the fanciness of HD, for some retarded reason it can't even film in slo-mo.

I can't wait to read it
Sounds cool though Josh. 

Thanks folks.

And as far as getting started, I thought it would be very difficult, but I've been stewing in this idea for a couple months and had grown a few simple ideas as far as the basic outline of the story and a very few ideas as far as details. Basically I just wrote it as me and my friends exactly are, so I didn't really have to worry about character development (plus, it's a fuckin' zombie movie) so I just sat down and started writing an average summer day for my friend and I and gradually brought in zombie elements. All the dialog and funny actions we do in the script are based on things we say and do, so that was also pretty easy. Honestly it's been easy from the get-go. I'm not even a writer by nature. I'm just writing things I know and things that I think are funny. It was really easy to get going especially since I was just so damn into it. It's been great fun. I've taken a short break from it for the time being to work on music stuff (Not for the movie. For performing live but that's a different story). I have a mostly completed version easily accessible to post on here, but I don't really want to until the story part is fully completed.

Sorry for rambling.

just make sure you turn into a zombie. has there been a film with a zombie in a wheelchair?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devlin

i haven't seen it but there is a movie called "special dead" about zombie attacking a camp for "special needs kids" so i'm sure there is in that movie.

i have thought about writing a couple of screenplays. i have a couple ideas (all very rough ideas). i really just don't know where to start. or what all goes into writing one. i know its different from a book having to include stage directions and shit like that, but i don't know all those details. honestly i'm just to lazy/unmotivated to find out those things and get it started.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Just don't think about it. Just write it. I have absolutely no experience at all. Just stop being scared and lazy.

Quote from: goldpony on Apr 20, 2009, 09:41 PM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 17, 2009, 05:26 AM

I can't wait to read it
Sounds cool though Josh. 

Thanks folks.

Sorry for rambling.

just make sure you turn into a zombie. has there been a film with a zombie in a wheelchair?

There's at least one shot of one in Shaun of the Dead

defTHE1s

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 14, 2009, 10:14 PM
I figured that they wouldn't do a zombie comedy with two nerds, one of which is in a wheelchair, as the heroes.
take it to the studios were they did Malcolm in the middle, and sell the story to perform it by Malcolm and Stevie or by yourselves, it would work there, right?.. i think.. those studios were FOX, right?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

roflestiltskin

Where's this zombie script?

blixa

Penicks

why zombies

everything is zombies nowadays

even fucking prometheus had zombies