Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

FUCK WORK

Started by nonesuch, May 13, 2009, 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonesuch

This entire monetary system is a fucking leash.  I want nothing to do with it.  Let the robots take the jobs. 

Any idea's of ways to get by without working??
i drink your milkshake

theis

Nailec

cut off a leg or something and live from the social system if your country has one.

i also have no idea y society makes us believe that work is such an important thing. even your freetime is dominated by thoughts concerning your job or something.

we could be much more free if we had to work only for 20 hours a week or something, so we would have more time to create a better society or develop our Selfs.
sometimes its ridiculous how they artificially try to create more jobs while its clear that noone needs 10000 car companies in the world or whatever.

Jacob

we need to work, but not nearly as much as we do. industries must keep production going, our infrastructures need to be maintained, research must be done to keep medicine and technology moving forward, lives need to be saved in hospitals and so on. but working 8-9 hours a day for 5 days a week is ridiculous and the only reason we do it is because that's the only way you could work many many years ago. farmers needed to get up and start working at sunrise, and only had time to sleep at night. and weekends is just a religious thing (god rested for two days, remember?).

we don't take into account that some people are much more awake and creative/productive at night, some people need 12 hours of sleep to function while others can do with 4, some people work well under stress others don't work at all etc.

I say a normal work day should be 6 hours long, then you can can fit in 2 shifts at daytime and double up on both jobs and amount of work done in a lot of areas, for example offices.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

devlin

i say we up it to a mandatory 48 hrs paid overtime. if you can survive on 20 hrs a week more power to you, but some of us need to work to pay bills.

Moz

Find out what your passion is and find a job in it. It will make your passion feel like work, but its better than doing something boring.

Crazylegs

Quote from: nonesuch on May 13, 2009, 12:54 PM
This entire monetary system is a fucking leash.  I want nothing to do with it.  Let the robots take the jobs. 

Any idea's of ways to get by without working??
stop whining and go to work. We all do it.

Nailec

Quote from: devlin on May 13, 2009, 02:24 PM
i say we up it to a mandatory 48 hrs paid overtime. if you can survive on 20 hrs a week more power to you, but some of us need to work to pay bills.
well bills wouldnt be so high at all if everyone would work less time and doesnt need to be paid for 50 hours a week.

devlin

how would everyone working less possible lower the cost of peoples bills? if my landlord worked less he would need even more from me. if business' cut hours they would need to raise prices so they don't lose money.

there is no way around it, if you want to live in society you need money in exchange for goods and services.

Moz

nonesuch

penguin go assess the market potential of pieces of plastic molded into shapes

maybe you will be rewarded with some slips of paper

i drink your milkshake

theis

haha, you're a retard.

devilinside

Quote from: Moz on May 13, 2009, 02:37 PM
Find out what your passion is and find a job in it. It will make your passion feel like work, but its better than doing something boring.

That it. I love taking pictures,so I did photography. Now I get $1,200 for a days work.

wither-I

NEVERMIND OUR PLAN-MAKING! WE'LL START LIVING!!

"ambition is the folly of man"

*there have been good points, looking at Nailec and Anemic's posts.

I try to have as little as possible so i dont have to kill myself trying to pay bills all the time.
no t.v., no car, no phone, no problems :) internet is kinda cool though

anywho, if people stopped feeding the machine it will DIE, as it should, but im starting to believe with all the "progress" we make/ strive for is just so vain and nonsensical. if we could just chill and hang out, life would be that much nicer, and ot so much stress and grief. but people are like this disease to the earth you know, we're multiplying at an exponential rate and consuming EVERYTHING. wasteful killers.

we'll never outlive the dinosaurs.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Livewire

I believe you have my stapler.

wither-I

hahahahah such a funny looking man.. he's got a  good swagger though considering his rotundness

devilinside

You know,with all the pictures you take when you travel,i bet you could sell some of them to a magazine and make a few extra dollars.

Stride Winterblue

What a jackass. 

Variable

So first of all.  Aenemic bud, I hate to call you out.  But I'm surprised no one else has yet.  God ( Im assuming you're talking about the Christian-Jewish god as this is the religion that has most influenced western civilization) Did not rest for two days.  He rested for one day, the 7th day. 

Also, I don't think we work 8 hour days because of farmers.  We work so much because production and productivity = more product or a better service.  Better products and service = more consumption and use.  Consumption of products and use of services = money being spent.  Lots of money shifting through lots of different hands = a strong economy.  Productivity in the work place has never been so high due to technology, but yet we work more hours than ever.  Thats how businesses grow and compete.  We work so much to compete in the global free market, not because farmers used to.

My thoughts on the topic, yeah work sucks.  Right now there is really no way around it because you need money to survive.  Whether you work for it, beg for it, or someone supports you, somehow your existence is supported by money(in most cases).  But what is money?  Its totally 100% fake right?  Something that is made up and only holds value because we say it is valuable.  It is not backed by anything at all, and can be created or destroyed at the will of the Federal Reserve.  So why do we base our entire existence around something that is so fake?  Well a long long time ago some smart guys figured out that bartering and slave labor were ok.  But they are limited.  You can only reach a certain level through barter, and in no way is that excess.  Slavery?  Well its just a pain in the ass and you can't enslave the whole world..... Or can you?   If you control every need in the world ( food , water, transportation, housing ect ect ) and tell people that the only way they can obtain these things, is through these pieces of paper, then tell people the only way to obtain these pieces of paper is to work.  Bam, you got em.  Then add in all the wants, and make people think they either need things that they actually only want, or drive people mad over the aesthetics of owning a product ( fashion, luxury cars, gigantic homes, private jets ect ect ) People will work their whole lives to obtain these things.  Even if they truly can't and wont ever be able to afford them. 

Now is this ok?  Probably not.  We really are slaves to a system that most would not prefer.  What to do about it?  Well.......probably nothing.  I actually think its going to take care of itself in time.  It is a fact that more and more jobs are being automated by machines.  We can only create so many "new jobs" to deal with these jobs lost.  There're only going to be so many inventions like the internet to create a whole new kind of job.  And the government can only create so many bull shit jobs to hide these numbers.  You can only hire so many supervisors of supervisors for supervisors to supervise the guy cutting the grass at the white house.  You know?  So more and more will be unemployed, more and more on the government ticket being supported by jobs that are creating revenue through robot labor.  Till eventually, people are going to question the system.  " why give us money that we did not earn, to let us buy products produced by no one but robots?"  Why not just give us food, build shelter, provide recreation.  It will become harder and harder to capitalize off greed.  Until eventually the world hits a tilting point and realizes they have outgrown government and economics as we know it.  Or maybe not.  Who knows?

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on May 14, 2009, 05:24 AM

Also, I don't think we work 8 hour days because of farmers.  We work so much because production and productivity = more product or a better service.  Better products and service = more consumption and use.  Consumption of products and use of services = money being spent.  Lots of money shifting through lots of different hands = a strong economy.  Productivity in the work place has never been so high due to technology, but yet we work more hours than ever.  Thats how businesses grow and compete.  We work so much to compete in the global free market, not because farmers used to.

My thoughts on the topic, yeah work sucks.  Right now there is really no way around it because you need money to survive.  Whether you work for it, beg for it, or someone supports you, somehow your existence is supported by money(in most cases).  But what is money?  Its totally 100% fake right?  Something that is made up and only holds value because we say it is valuable.  It is not backed by anything at all, and can be created or destroyed at the will of the Federal Reserve.  So why do we base our entire existence around something that is so fake?  Well a long long time ago some smart guys figured out that bartering and slave labor were ok.  But they are limited.  You can only reach a certain level through barter, and in no way is that excess.  Slavery?  Well its just a pain in the ass and you can't enslave the whole world..... Or can you?   If you control every need in the world ( food , water, transportation, housing ect ect ) and tell people that the only way they can obtain these things, is through these pieces of paper, then tell people the only way to obtain these pieces of paper is to work.  Bam, you got em.  Then add in all the wants, and make people think they either need things that they actually only want, or drive people mad over the aesthetics of owning a product ( fashion, luxury cars, gigantic homes, private jets ect ect ) People will work their whole lives to obtain these things.  Even if they truly can't and wont ever be able to afford them. 

Now is this ok?  Probably not.  We really are slaves to a system that most would not prefer.  What to do about it?  Well.......probably nothing.  I actually think its going to take care of itself in time.  It is a fact that more and more jobs are being automated by machines.  We can only create so many "new jobs" to deal with these jobs lost.  There're only going to be so many inventions like the internet to create a whole new kind of job.  And the government can only create so many bull shit jobs to hide these numbers.  You can only hire so many supervisors of supervisors for supervisors to supervise the guy cutting the grass at the white house.  You know?  So more and more will be unemployed, more and more on the government ticket being supported by jobs that are creating revenue through robot labor.  Till eventually, people are going to question the system.  " why give us money that we did not earn, to let us buy products produced by no one but robots?"  Why not just give us food, build shelter, provide recreation.  It will become harder and harder to capitalize off greed.  Until eventually the world hits a tilting point and realizes they have outgrown government and economics as we know it.  Or maybe not.  Who knows?

dude.. such an awesome post. really really valid points. completely agree.

but i still wanna kill it.