Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Politics, Society etc.

Started by Nailec, Jun 02, 2009, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 12, 2010, 09:18 AM
yeah, I agree, it's some scary shit.  We don't just need republicans though, I'm so beyond sick of all of the george bushes and sarah palins out there.  I mean sure, they're marginally better than democrats, but with so many of them it's the same kind of left-leaning violation of genuine conservative principles, just in a different way, i.e. foreign interventionism, a different set of subsidies, trying to defend from the politically correct bullshit in the wrong way, and my personal pet peeve, violation of free market principles.  I've been a huge fan of Peter Schiff since well before he even announced, his commentary on global economic conditions and his explanations for them are second to none.  If you tend to lean to the right, I would definitely look him up on Youtube or europac.net if you want truly non-biased, really interesting free market economic education.

I haven't checked this thread in a while alvarez but I completely agree.  Im so tired of both parties.  Im so disappointed in this administration.  I feel like I'm some raging conservative and Im honestly not.  I'm a registered Independent but Its necessary for our country to vote these shitbag left wing nuts out.  If we don't take back either the House or Senate were absolutely fucked.  Cap and Trade will absolutely destroy our economy.  Can u imagine if gas went to 7$ or fuck even 4.  It would be over.  We also can not afford 13 million illegals on our new bullshit health care plan.  Amnesty will take away the 2 party system.   The libs are going to run this country into the ground,  plain and Simple.  But I think there's hope.  I respect Dick Morris's opinion and he thinks the republicans have a chance to take back both.  I doubt that will happen, but fuck I would love to see Pelosi get her shit knocked down.  We've seen what happens when we have a Democratic majority.   But the far right Palins aren't going to get it done.  We need more libertarian thinkers in this country because big gov just does not work. 

alvarezbassist17

Yeah, I'm with you there, I don't think Palin is far right though, she's not really very conservative, and she only really goes by the Republican version of the "free market," which, while it beats the Democrat economic policy because it relies a bit more on free markets and most of all not disallowing ourselves from using our own natural resources, it's still pretty Liberal in my opinion.  I dunno, I'm kind of confused about where more mainstream Republicans think Ron Paul lies on the scale, because in my opinion, he's the most conservative representative of all, but people think because of his (truly conservative, but considered liberal at face value) stances on the Drug War and foreign policy that he's more liberal, when that's truly not the case.

But imagine how I feel when I don't even think Bush, McCain, Palin, etc. are genuinely conservative.  I feel like I'm pretty moderate mostly, it's just everybody's got their principles all fucked up these days because of public schools and the media.

goldpony

you damn conservatives blaming everything on the media and public schools. the real problem lies in the belief of a two party system and no free beer
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: goldpony on May 17, 2010, 11:59 PM
you damn conservatives blaming everything on the media and public schools. the real problem lies in the belief of a two party system and no free beer

ben

goldpony

Quote from: ben on May 18, 2010, 07:27 PM
This sucks for little Texas kids:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/16/texas-schools-rewrites-us-history

not just texas kids. because texas has the largest school district in the country, whatever they say needs to be in a textbook is usually what the big publishers produce for everyone. i hate texas.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: ben on May 18, 2010, 07:27 PM
This sucks for little Texas kids:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/16/texas-schools-rewrites-us-history

Yeah man, I've been talking about this for months. It makes you think, 'What else could be rewritten that I learned in school' and 'What else could they rewrite in the future about now?'.

Plus, the Ministry of Truth.

goldpony

i thought the best was the clip of the tx school board meeting in which they were discussing civil rights leaders and someone from south america was left out because ONE person didn't feel he was popular enough to include. WTF people

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=texas+school+board&suggested_categories=25%2C22%2C27&page=1
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: goldpony on May 17, 2010, 11:59 PM

Well I went to a public school, and came out of high school as liberal as the day is long and loved shows like the daily show and shit like that, but that was all when I was very apathetic towards politics and after informing myself before the '08 election, I went straight past Republican, right to Libertarian.  I mean you're right about the two-party system, it is a bunch of garbage, and it is all essentially, except for an extremely select few Republicans, one big-Government bird with two different colored wings.  That is the problem, that at every public school (weird, since they're run by the government) teaches nothing but praise for bigger and bigger government, absolutely jack shit about true free-market principles, and that they can get away with it.  Take that Texas case for example, the problem isn't that specifically these retarded Christian bureaucrats picked the lesson plan, it's that any retarded bureaucrat can pick lesson plans at all.  That's a huge reason why the public schools are so shitty, and why I think they're so detrimental to society; because of these bureaucrats, the students aren't necessarily learning the best material, they're learning the material that is the most politically correct by whoever gets to pick their lesson plans.  And now, nobody knows what the fuck I'm talking about when I talk about free market principles, property rights, sound money, and Austrian Economics, and all think that welfare, public schooling, foreign aid, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, bailouts, eminent domain, stimulus plans, cap and trade, universal health care, basically just anything related to growing government, are just fucking great and have no clue why I would ever argue against them.  

Essentially, I don't know who else to blame for legitimately failing to educate our population besides the entities that educate our population.  I'd blame the parents, but hell, they learned the same bullshit that we're constantly bombarded by from the same system.

And, analogous to health care, I don't want free beer for everyone, I just want far cheaper, high quality beer that everyone has a right to buy or not buy at their discretion.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

You should write a book. I'd fucking read it.

goldpony

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 19, 2010, 04:29 AM

And, analogous to health care, I don't want free beer for everyone, I just want far cheaper, high quality beer that everyone has a right to buy or not buy at their discretion.

Change i can believe in!
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on May 19, 2010, 08:43 AM

haha maybe one day!  I've been considering it for awhile, I haven't figured out what I would specifically write about.  I was thinking maybe something along the lines of an explanation of Libertarian thought and Austrian Economics from the perspective of someone who has just recently been through this generation of schooling.  But I haven't really got far past that point, haven't had time for a whole lot besides my degree and I haven't really wrapped my head around the potential structure that book could have.  I'm thinking it could be like a collection of essays or articles and my commentaries on them, but I'm not sure if that would work right either.  Or maybe just a chapter for everything I didn't learn that I feel is important, I dunno.

You could probably sell this thread as a book haha.  PS I went back and read the first few pages and got a great laugh again out of all of that antisemitism junk.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Honestly, I think the best kind of writing is the completely unplanned kind. Just sit down with an idea for a direction to go, start in that direction and then just write what pops into your head. Don't stop. Then when you can't anymore, go back and edit. That's what I do.

alvarezbassist17

yeah if i'm writing an essay, post or whatnot, I tend to go like that.  After thinking about it, I'd probably structure it like a chapter per argument I've heard from my peers.  Josh, if you're looking for a book to read, check out this one, it's one of my favorite books ever.  I post a lot of the stuff this guy, Tom Woods writes here, but this is the best because he just has time to explain everything, and you come away from it feeling like you know exactly how the whole world works... seriously.  It's pretty crazy.  It's about the business cycle and how it has to to with expansionary monetary policy and government policy.  He just straight up lays it all down in the most readable fashion imaginable, and none of it is even close to dubious, all of his sources come straight from widely available statistics that everyone can find and confirm, and he has soooo many citations.

Here's a link, anyone else should download this too if you're at all interested in why we're in this financial crisis.

Meltdown: A Free Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse by Thomas Woods
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFLZYM93

Variable

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 20, 2010, 06:07 PM

haha maybe one day!  I've been considering it for awhile, I haven't figured out what I would specifically write about.  I was thinking maybe something along the lines of an explanation of Libertarian thought and Austrian Economics from the perspective of someone who has just recently been through this generation of schooling.  But I haven't really got far past that point, haven't had time for a whole lot besides my degree and I haven't really wrapped my head around the potential structure that book could have.  I'm thinking it could be like a collection of essays or articles and my commentaries on them, but I'm not sure if that would work right either.  Or maybe just a chapter for everything I didn't learn that I feel is important, I dunno.

You could probably sell this thread as a book haha.  PS I went back and read the first few pages and got a great laugh again out of all of that antisemitism junk.
I have been writing a thing here or there too ( I would be lying if I didn't admit it was slightly inspired by me recently watching californication ;) ) But we should co author a book on modern libertarianism in America.  We could be like the new Thomas E. Woods and Murray N. Rothbard.  But way sexier

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Downloading that book and getting mad boners over it.

Variable

Thats a good pitch for amazon

Nailec

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 20, 2010, 06:07 PM

antisemitism is not funny at all. you are trivializing the shoah!

alvarezbassist17

haha, I wasn't laughing at antisemitism, I was laughing at you, foolio.

Variable

And its kind of hard not to when you're such a dam broken record.  I actually thought Nailec was joking for a min, to be ironic.  But nope, I'm pretty sure he was being serious.