Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

NASA lost the original Moon Landing tapes, oopsy

Started by nonesuch, Jul 18, 2009, 10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raynor

Of the all conspiracies out there, the moon-landing one is the stupidest.

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:15 PM
You pretty much are being lied to, mislead, or just have some idiot talking to you that genuinly has no idea what they are talking to.

I'm in the middle on the 911 thing.  But it doesn't matter to me, because either way we didn't need everything that came after it. 

That's the point, the greedy rich white men did though and it brought a great excuse to go to war and to get everyone behind it, because of those 'dang terrorists' ha, please.

But it doesn't matter to me either now, it's been almost a decade and there's fuck all that can be done.

Variable

Quote from: raynor on Jul 23, 2009, 11:16 PM
Of all the people to post in this thread, you're the stupidest
Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 23, 2009, 11:16 PM
You pretty much are being lied to, mislead, or just have some idiot talking to you that genuinly has no idea what they are talking to.

I'm in the middle on the 911 thing.  But it doesn't matter to me, because either way we didn't need everything that came after it. 

That's the point, the greedy rich white men did though and it brought a great excuse to go to war and to get everyone behind it, because of those 'dang terrorists' ha, please.

But it doesn't matter to me either now, it's been almost a decade and there's fuck all that can be done.
True.  Except our governments could change their foreign policies ( for real, not some fake Obama change ) and actually go back and reverse what we have done since 911.  Kind of take a step in the right direction, you know?

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
Quote from: raynor on Jul 23, 2009, 11:16 PM
Of all the people to post in this thread, you're the stupidest
Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 23, 2009, 11:16 PM

True.  Except our governments could change their foreign policies ( for real, not some fake Obama change ) and actually go back and reverse what we have done since 911.  Kind of take a step in the right direction, you know?

Yeah i know, but i don't know.

Untill people realise the true value of life, the greedy ones will always get away with such corruption. The Watchmen movie covers this whole topic perfectly, i love that film. I really do need to read the graphic novel though..

raynor

enlighten me with you moon-landing theory then kiddo

Variable

I haven' seen it.  Maybe Ill have to go rent it now.  

But you're right.  Most people don't realize the human cost of our foreign policies.  I think thats where a lot of my views started getting shaped.  When I saw how much it cost everyone.  NATO troops and families back home, and also the Afghans and Iraqis not to mention all the other countries we are fucking with hard core.  

Variable

Quote from: raynor on Jul 23, 2009, 11:23 PM
enlighten me with why you think it did happen?  Because Cronkite told you it really did happen? 

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:24 PM

But you're right.  Most people don't realize the human cost of our foreign policies.  I think thats where a lot of my views started getting shaped.  When I saw how much it cost everyone.  NATO troops and families back home, and also the Afghans and Iraqis not to mention all the other countries we are fucking with hard core.  

Aye exactly, all these innocent people who didn't ask to exist in these times are getting majorly butt fucked for nothing. But then aslong as there is humanity, there will be wars, as they say.

Check out The Watchmen though man, it's three hours long, the uncut version is four hours, i need to get that. It's brilliant, it's just funny at how true the story is and how it relates to the times we live in and it's based on super heroes and set in the 60s!

raynor

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:26 PM
enlighten me with why you think it did happen?  Because Cronkite told you it really did happen? 
I asked first. But alright, it's quite simple. Why would they lie? Too beat the russian, sure sure. But why havn't the russian told us the truth yet, if it really didn't happen. Also because all the theories that actually go against it are: dipshit. They're just grasping for straws. It's like "well there wern't enough dust on the landing feet" or "there were no stars on the pictures" or "ooh ooh crooked shadows". I mean we've all take pictures in the dark, and you need a shutter speed of seconds to actually capture stars, if even that. And on a sunny day, you see crooked shadows everywhere, the ground makes shadows bend. If you have a better theory, as a I said, please present it.
But do you in all seriousness think it was filmed in a studio?

theis

Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 23, 2009, 11:29 PM
Check out The Watchmen though man, it's three hours long, the uncut version is four hours, i need to get that. It's brilliant, it's just funny at how true the story is and how it relates to the times we live in and it's based on super heroes and set in the 60s!

Theatrical cut is 2 hours 40 mins. Director's Cut is 3 hours.

Subliminal

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jul 23, 2009, 11:37 PM

Theatrical cut is 2 hours 40 mins. Director's Cut is 3 hours.

Ahh yes my bad sorry, i downloaded it that's why.

bright lights, big city

any way to get someone to see the Watchmen. loved that movie, and the directors is definitely the way to go.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Subliminal

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 23, 2009, 11:58 PM
any way to get someone to see the Watchmen. loved that movie, and the directors is definitely the way to go.

Yeah, the Directors Cut is worth the extra time!

My comic book geek friend says there's gonna be an Uncut version that will be 4 hours though?

Variable

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:24 PM

Aye exactly, all these innocent people who didn't ask to exist in these times are getting majorly butt fucked for nothing. But then aslong as there is humanity, there will be wars, as they say.

If I wasn't so fucking exhausted I would go rent it and watch it tonight......who knows, maybe I still will.  If not, ill do it tomorrow because I'm sick as fuck and dont want to do anything but lay on my couch all weekend.  

But that is one of the worst things about all these wars.  Are the innocent locals who are just getting FUCKED up because of this war.  I mean, trust me, from first hand experience, most of it is totally unintentional by our forces.  But shit happens you know.  And you can't explain human collateral damage the people suffering the loss.  Shit, you cant explain it to me, because its bull shit.

I know what you mean about humans and war.  But at the very least, it shouldn't exist in free societies.
Quote from: raynor on Jul 23, 2009, 11:33 PM
Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:26 PM
I asked first. But alright, it's quite simple. Why would they lie? Too beat the russian, sure sure. But why havn't the russian told us the truth yet, if it really didn't happen. Also because all the theories that actually go against it are: dipshit. They're just grasping for straws. It's like "well there wern't enough dust on the landing feet" or "there were no stars on the pictures" or "ooh ooh crooked shadows". I mean we've all take pictures in the dark, and you need a shutter speed of seconds to actually capture stars, if even that. And on a sunny day, you see crooked shadows everywhere, the ground makes shadows bend. If you have a better theory, as a I said, please present it.
But do you in all seriousness think it was filmed in a studio?
Uh it wasnt just about beating the Russians.  The cold war was no joke.  Two super powers that powerful that were competing and on the verge of global destruction.  Yeah, each wanted to establish themselves as the best and most powerful.  The Soviet Union were the first in space.  The U.S. needed a victory.  Thats called motive.  

The rest of it.  Honestly, I don't really know enough about it to really have this discussion.  I just called you stupid because you just made an empty statement without any reasons.  I knew it would spur a better response from you.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 23, 2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah Slipknot said it best ''Nothing is what it seems!''
and Radiohead: "Just because you feel it, doesn't mean is there"

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

nonesuch

I'm in Vietnam right now, where over 3 million civilians were killed, was recently in Cambodia and Laos where America waged the "Secret War" and massacred millions more, and i can tell all of you that what we (America) have and continue to do is FUCKED in serious way.  When a child with no legs because she stepped on a mine that America dropped there decades ago drags their body across the ground to beg you for a dollar you realize that America is the bad guy.

Not American's of course but our government was siezed in a hostile takeover a 100 years ago

The moon landing was bullshit in my opinion because of the fact that we have done basically nothing since it.  we were landing on the moon in the 60s supposedly but i doubt we could land someone on the moon today,  Basically in 40 YEARS the best weve done is put a useless space station in our orbit,  we havent even updated the 20 year old Hubble Telescope, the shuttles are ancient, NASA fell apart

It could be due to funding, but i think it was a tool to gain hegemony and it worked
i drink your milkshake

nonesuch

i just watched some seriously convincing footage

the moon landing was COMPLETELY fake,   never happened
i drink your milkshake

Jacob

do you have a link to that footage? I'd very much like to see it.

but I gotta say, I don't believe in using "we have done basically nothing since it" as an argument. there were several more supposed moon landings within 3 years after the first one. and to be honest, what reason did they have (or still do have) to go there again? except for the experience, of course. if landing on the moon is even possible, the costs must be so huge that they just can't justify going there again - I'm willing to believe that.

or maybe they found something there that just makes them want not to go back ;)

all in all though, I'm very open to the idea that it never happened. and this whole thing with losing the tapes only pushes me more over the fence.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

nonesuch

alright watch these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vrge-8F6rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMvQTNLaUE&NR=1

and just do some research

;911 was an inside job
we never went to the moon
pluto is not a planet
chistopher columbus never stepped foot on mainland america
the world is not a scary dangerous place
there is no santa, tooth fairy, or closet monster

but yes you will get cramps and drown if you go swimming within 30 minutes of eating
i drink your milkshake

Jacob

nice, I will check thise when I get home. thanks.

but actually, you do not get cramps if you go swimming within 30 minutes of eating. why would you? it's an old myth, told to children for some reason I forgot.

and it's no big secret that pluto is not a planet ;)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep