http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMvQTNLaUE&NR=1

and just do some research

;911 was an inside job
we never went to the moon
pluto is not a planet
chistopher columbus never stepped foot on mainland america
the world is not a scary dangerous place
there is no santa, tooth fairy, or closet monster

but yes you will get cramps and drown if you go swimming within 30 minutes of eating

Those videos are pretty cool. 

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Subliminal

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 24, 2009, 10:32 AM
do you have a link to that footage? I'd very much like to see it.

but I gotta say, I don't believe in using "we have done basically nothing since it" as an argument. there were several more supposed moon landings within 3 years after the first one. and to be honest, what reason did they have (or still do have) to go there again? except for the experience, of course. if landing on the moon is even possible, the costs must be so huge that they just can't justify going there again - I'm willing to believe that.

or maybe they found something there that just makes them want not to go back ;)

all in all though, I'm very open to the idea that it never happened. and this whole thing with losing the tapes only pushes me more over the fence.

Why go all the way there and not want to go back to it? To film it's landscape with better cameras and shit like that. If their space craft had less processing power than our mobile phones, then why can't we go back in a snap?

NASA has plenty of money.

I'm just wondering if the Mars landing will be a hoax... or we can't be fooled as easily today, hence why they've never attempted it.

bebo

Variable

nonesuch

thats what im sayn subliminal

dont give me that, "we don't need to go there anymore" bullshit

in 40 years  FORTY motherfucking years we havent even put a person into outer orbit much less out into open space.  Apparently there is some massive radiation belt around earth that humans can't cross without being melted or something

And if we could then, then we should have fucking honeymooners going to the moon and research labs and all that by now.  Think about how far technology has come in 40 years,  Personal computers didnt even exist.  The laptop im typing on right now probably has more computing power than the whole fucking space program did then. And now the original tapes were "lost" and the copies of the copies are being "touched up" by a hollywood special effects company.  Its a fucking joke

What blows me away is how anyone can believe the bullshit that is being fed to them

It's all crazy! It's all false! its all a dream!

its alright
i drink your milkshake

Jacob

I gotta disagree. launching men into space and landing on the moon must be the most expensive and risky experiments you can imagine. a lot of people have died because of exploding rockets and other malfunctions. and in those cases, all the money, time and effort put into the mission was completely wasted. not to mention the lives lost.

I think we're more interested in sending unmanned vehicles into space, and robots to take pictures and samples.

but yes, I will agree when you say that in 40 years space technology should have moved forward a bit more. but maybe it has? we definitely don't know everything, we only know what NASA lets us know.

like I said, I would not be surprised in the least if the first moon landing was a hoax. maybe even every single one after that. but the argument "if we did it 40 years ago, why not do it again?" doesn't hold up imo. if all there is to do on the moon is to take even more rock samples, better photographs, place yet another flag and say "hey, look at me - I'm on the moon!" I can't imagine they can justify that with the costs and the risks for human life. hell, I even read a quote from someone somewhere saying that the first mission was way more risky than what we would have accepted by todays standards.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

nonesuch

There are a million reasons to go "back" to the moon

They could produce near perfect bearings in the low gravity, build a last resort bunker in case of a cataclysmic event, mine the damn thing, Put a telescope that would blow the hubble away, perform innumerable scientific experiments, build a giant laser beam to shoot the chinese with, the list goes on

we dont because we cant

It was simply a matter of gaining hegemony during the cold war, and it worked
i drink your milkshake

Subliminal

Quote from: nonesuch on Jul 25, 2009, 01:44 PM
There are a million reasons to go "back" to the moon

They could produce near perfect bearings in the low gravity, build a last resort bunker in case of a cataclysmic event, mine the damn thing, Put a telescope that would blow the hubble away, perform innumerable scientific experiments, build a giant laser beam to shoot the chinese with, the list goes on

we dont because we cant

It was simply a matter of gaining hegemony during the cold war, and it worked

Exactly, we can't go back, because it didn't happen.

It's still hilarious that America wasn't the first, the answers are all out there but the people just go ''Oh the anniversary of the moon landings in todays newspaper'' i'll just buy that.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Subliminal

Jacob

wait, so you think the US can't go to the moon, but the Soviet Union did?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Subliminal

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 25, 2009, 03:11 PM
wait, so you think the US can't go to the moon, but the Soviet Union did?

No, the U.S couldn't be arsed and didn't go. They clearly couldn't have the Soviet Union making it first, so they had to do one better and land on it. That's why you never hear in the papers or the news ''the Soviet Union had a craft land but smash to bits on the Moon, but the US landed and put the first man on the Moon''

That video of the illusion of them looking at the Earth from their spacecraft just proves to me the US thing was a whole hoax.

bright lights, big city

so you think the Soviets landed on the moon (with humans) prior to 1969, but didn't publicize it? Then when the Americans went, the Soviets still didn't prove we faked the whole thing? They just let us claim we were the first to have put man on the moon?
DERP

Subliminal

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 25, 2009, 03:46 PM
so you think the Soviets landed on the moon (with humans) prior to 1969, but didn't publicize it? Then when the Americans went, the Soviets still didn't prove we faked the whole thing? They just let us claim we were the first to have put man on the moon?

I didn't say (with humans) they were technically the first to land on the Moon with their space craft, which was destroyed.

bright lights, big city

oh ok. yeah that is common knowledge then.
September 1959 = first man-made object to crash land on the moon (Soviet)
February 1966 = first images from surface (Soviet)
December 1968 = first humans to orbit moon (U.S.)
DERP

el perro

blates a fake after watching the youtube documentary. the NASA spokesman doesnt give any reasons in defence of the speculations, and even watching the footage of the first moon landing it looks just fake, even if it was the 60's.

Nailec

what about all the other landings on the moon?

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Nailec on Jul 25, 2009, 11:03 PM
what about all the other landings on the moon?

People seem to forget that there were many moon landings.

Also, I suggest everyone that is curious about NASA's fallacies go out and buy Dark Mission by a Mr. Richard Hoagland. The guy is a little insane to say the least, but if you can get past some of the stuff that is obvious old man craziness, there are some unbelievably interesting things in NASA and I highly suggest checking it out.