Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones @ Cabaret Vert Festival, France

Started by SomeOf, Aug 30, 2009, 10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeOf

NEW PICTURES

Source: http://www.metalorgie.com/metal/live_report.php?id=556 (<< you also can find an interview in here, but in french)

lithium

💩

stuka

i was there, this show was awesome :O
face teh load.

Vesanic

That's it, those wankers deleted my YouTube accound, god fucking damn it.

mascarats

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 01, 2009, 11:25 AM
That's it, those wankers deleted my YouTube accound, god fucking damn it.
sourdoreille ?

slyartwork

Really?? That sucks big time man!! Fuck them.

Great pics of Cabaret!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Vesanic

Penicks

Those buttfuckers. Is there any way to get it back?

Vesanic

Quote from: Penicks on Sep 01, 2009, 01:33 PM
Those buttfuckers. Is there any way to get it back?

Except sucking their dick, I don't know.

Urantia23

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 01, 2009, 01:10 PM
Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 01, 2009, 01:02 PM
Really?? That sucks big time man!!

To say the least.

fuck!
you had a great collection upload

edit: thank you very much!! awesome pics!  :D

Hell_Tanner

That's just shitty on so many level!!  >:(

Vesanic

Yup...

Oh well, at least this NoeDeftonicBoy faggot will be happy.

White Wrist

Hell_Tanner

Quote from: SomeOf on Sep 01, 2009, 07:10 AMSource: http://www.metalorgie.com/metal/live_report.php?id=556 (<< you also can find an interview in here, but in french)

Here's a quick translation I did:

- Deftones in Charlevilles-Mézières....why?
- Abe: Why not? It's nice here, countryside and that will be our only gig in France for this summer. Yesterday we were in Leeds, England, today we're playing here and tomorrow...England again!

- Some news about Chi?
- Chino: Chi is stable but still in a coma. He underwent surgery a few days ago and it went well. We're just waiting...Sometimes he opens his eyes, stays in a semi-conscious state for a while but he doesn't speak.

- How did you take the decision to come back on stage without him.
- Chino: We wanted to come back on stage, but somehow as a tribute to him too. We believe that we bring him some energy by doing this. We couldn't stay there and wait for ever you know? The best thing for us and Chi is to keep on doing what we do...

- What's with you next album? Is Eros (recorded before Chi's accident) shelved for the time being?
- Stephen: Eros is actually finished since last year but since Chi's accident we decided to shelve it. We wrote a new album, fast, it took only a few months. Vocals and drums are done, and we''ll finish it once we come back from this tour.

- What can we expect?
- Stephen: Some Deftones music! (laughs) You won't hear anything new tonight though, that's for sure.
-Chino: We don't have a release date for 2009 either. You'll have to wait until next year.

- Are the Deftones "illegal" downloaders on the internet?
- Stephen: Yeah, it happens. Actually, I don't really care about who's downloading what, I do it when I have to but I stil buy cd's. There's so many things nowadays, anybody can form a band!
- Abe: I still buy a lot too. Same for Chino, he just bought this old Prince album by the way...
- Chino: Yeah, I love Purple Rain, I always had those shitty copies so I just bought it finally.

- Are there any french bands who have had any kind of influence on your music?
- Franck: I'm a big fan of french label, Ed Banger Records, and the band Justice as well. Phoenix' latest album is really good too. And of course Daft Punk...

- Any band that you've enjoyed touring with this summer?
- Chino: mmmh...Faith No More without a doubt. They played a great gig in Pukkelpop last week. It's funny to see all these generations....they're oldies in a way. We'll be playing with them again tomorrow night in England for our last date.

- Any guests on the next album?
- Chino: None for the moment but there's still room on the album. Any suggestions are welcome...

- Uuuuuh....
- Chino: Well, think about it...and tell me about it after the interview (I then suggested Envy's "A Dead Sinking Story" and "Insomniac Doze", we never know...)

- Well, what about Deftones and Guitar Hero, are you any good?
- Chino: I'd rather practice real guitar, that's more than enough. Concerning video games, I like football, Golf (Tiger Woods is really good) or games like God Of War.
- Stephen: Every time I play Guitar Hero I make those shiity out of tune notes...But it's fun!

Thanks and have a nice gig!
- Deftones: Thanks!

Longstem

Hi,

Im still surprised by the fact they didnt play Paris.

If Im not mistaken they played Paris every previous european tour. The fanbase in France is huge ( sold millions of albums+ a lot of young fans) and I expected a least one more venue date...

Well... maybe next time :)

greetings
Tom

Vesanic

Quote from: Deftones
- What can we expect?
- Stephen: Some Deftones music! (laughs) You won't hear anything new tonight though, that's for sure.
-Chino: We don't have a release date for 2009 either. You'll have to wait until next year.

Tell this was some kind of fucking joke. Please.

Inkblades

That's a blatant contradiction with what he's been saying in every other interivew. LOL.

Urantia23

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 02, 2009, 02:38 AM
Quote from: Deftones
- What can we expect?

Tell this was some kind of fucking joke. Please.
every day I lost more and more.. and more! the expectatives

p.s. nice white doggy bro  ;D

SomeOf