Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Federal Ban on Clove Cigarettes in the U.S.

Started by MeR, Sep 08, 2009, 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Thank you.

As a smoker, you have no idea how much this bullshit pisses me off. As an American, you have no idea how much this bullshit pisses me off.

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 08, 2009, 06:53 PM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Sep 08, 2009, 06:04 PM
So you think it's okay for a portion of the public to be condemned because they do something stupid but enjoy?

yes if it would be dangerous to others.

So you think I shouldn't be allowed to own a gun as well, right?

Just because I'm a smoker doesn't mean an idiot. It's not like I go around blowing smoke in people's faces.

At bus stops, if there are people there, I don't smoke in the little vestibule. I go out of the way. If the wind is blowing the smoke toward people, I move. If someone complains, I'll move or maybe even put it out. I understand it's a health hazard and it bothers people.

Before the smoking ban, the only indoor place you were allowed to smoke in that I wouldn't feel bad smoking in, was certain coffee shops. I wouldn't smoke in restaurants or venues.

This is ridiculous though. I now get hassled for smoking OUTSIDE. I consider myself a considerate smoker, but this is fucking insanity.

Deadradio

theis

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Sep 08, 2009, 07:02 PM
Thank you.

As a smoker, you have no idea how much this bullshit pisses me off. As an American, you have no idea how much this bullshit pisses me off.

So you think it's okay for a portion of the public to be condemned because they do something stupid but enjoy?

No, you shouldn't. Unless it's a part of your worklife, there's no reason for anyone to own a gun.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

How about a little thing called the constitution?

gb2 being foreign

Nailec

Thank you.

Just because I'm a smoker doesn't mean an idiot. It's not like I go around blowing smoke in people's faces.

At bus stops, if there are people there, I don't smoke in the little vestibule. I go out of the way. If the wind is blowing the smoke toward people, I move. If someone complains, I'll move or maybe even put it out. I understand it's a health hazard and it bothers people.

Before the smoking ban, the only indoor place you were allowed to smoke in that I wouldn't feel bad smoking in, was certain coffee shops. I wouldn't smoke in restaurants or venues.

This is ridiculous though. I now get hassled for smoking OUTSIDE. I consider myself a considerate smoker, but this is fucking insanity.

1.) posessing a gun is a total different topic as it requires a decision before you do harm with it. harming people through smoking is passive. but as long as we dont live in communism where everyone is free and respects other beings, its probablly the best to forbid gun posession.

2.) i agree its ridiculous to ban outside smoking. i dont hav scientific research here but i dont think it does any harm at all. plus: everyone that sees he is standing next to a smoker is free to step away from him. the interests of a smoker arent of less value than these of a non-smoker.
just inside a building you have no chance to escape the smoke

theis

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Sep 08, 2009, 04:08 PM
In Los Angeles alone, you can't smoke in Burbank and Santa Monica.

Outside also?

devilinside

Personally I think smoking is disgusting. But I have no problem with people smoking outside....as long as it's not indoors I'm cool. But cloves do smell (and taste) pretty.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 08, 2009, 07:13 PM
Thank you.

1.) posessing a gun is a total different topic as it requires a decision before you do harm with it.

That doesn't change the fact that they are dangerous. My point still stands.

Jacob

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Sep 08, 2009, 07:13 PM

gb2 being foreign

omfg, I would wipe my ass with the constitution if I could.

it's not that I don't agree with most of what it says, but the way you americans so blindly refer to it disgusts me just as much as any religious nut refers to the bible.

you think you can just ignore all other aspect of gun laws and its effects only because according to the constitution you should be able to arm yourself?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wither-I

i fucking hate cigarettes. god bless america

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Fireal1222

i dont understand why they dont just let us kill ourselves.. seriously. does the government need to be our big mommies and daddies. its a joke already. if you didnt know that cigarettes are bad for you then your retarded. people know they are bad. they make the choice to smoke them

i understand this is a ban on flavored cigs. but cmon give me a break. there arent little kids out there who think that if a cigarrette is flavored it must be healthy

this just makes me feel like we are even further away from legalization of cannabis than i thought

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 08, 2009, 08:14 PM

gb2 being foreign

it's not that I don't agree with most of what it says, but the way you americans so blindly refer to it disgusts me just as much as any religious nut refers to the bible.

you think you can just ignore all other aspect of gun laws and its effects only because according to the constitution you should be able to arm yourself?

people forget that the constitution was made over 200 years ago. so some of the things written then. may not apply in today's society

however i feel if they took guns away from people. it would be much easier for thieves to rob people with less fear of there being a gun in the house. thats just me.

if i had it my way. there would be no guns at all. but realistically, they cant take them away from people now.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

shine down unshy

Nailec

Quote from: shine down unshy on Sep 08, 2009, 08:42 PM
Death to america

gtfo

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 08, 2009, 08:21 PM

gb2 being foreign

people forget that the constitution was made over 200 years ago. so some of the things written then. may not apply in today's society

however i feel if they took guns away from people. it would be much easier for thieves to rob people with less fear of there being a gun in the house. thats just me.

if i had it my way. there would be no guns at all. but realistically, they cant take them away from people now.

gun posession also wants to ensure that there is probablly less murderer. does it work? hell no.
also it confronts my understandig of self defence to threaten a thiev with death.

anyways. most people lack responsibility to be able to posess again.

every time this debate is fought, lobbyists cry for "freedom" as if they cared about the people. at the same time they accuse the government to opress people. so ridiculous that it hurts. yet, so evident.

gb2 being foreign

agreed. although i dont wanna sound arrogant with this. its just another socialization.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

gb2 being foreign

In this instance, I was joking.

:/

Variable

gb2 being foreign

Bro, I don't think you have any idea how ignorant you sound.  The U.S. Constitution was-is one of the most significant documents ever in the history of the world.  The U.S. revolution was so much more than a revolution for the colonies.  It was a world wide statement of a thirst for freedom and democracy.  That document and the history around it has greatly influenced and changed history all over the world.

Also, that last part you threw in there.  I guess you don't understand law very well.  Because all laws in America come from the constitution.  So you can't have any gun laws without the constitution.  Even if they are local.  Because the constitution is the supreme law of the land.  Meaning that even if some state wants to have their own law, if it contradicts the constitution, it is not a valid law.  And the 2nd amendment was put into the bill of rights.  Rights that all Americans are at least guaranteed.  So until the bill of rights is amended, gun bans are highly illegal and gun laws are highly suspicious.  Just because the government does it, doesn't mean its legal.  The supreme court cant bring cases to themselves.  So citizens have to actually give a shit that their government is walking all over them and they have to realize there IS something they can do in order to get these kinds of cases to the courts.  Not just shrug off all these violations. 

wither-I

great statement couldnt have said it better myself...

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lithium

💩

Nailec

QuoteBro, I don't think you have any idea how ignorant you sound.  The U.S. Constitution was-is one of the most significant documents ever in the history of the world.  The U.S. revolution was so much more than a revolution for the colonies.  It was a world wide statement of a thirst for freedom and democracy.  That document and the history around it has greatly influenced and changed history all over the world.

i doubt jacob intended to offense the historical relevance of the constitution.

what i understand and what i support is: perhaps from time to time this holy cow, that is the constitution, should be butchered. i mean, considering how old it is.

btw another question out of curiosity. i have the feeling, youre an expert on this.

how does the constitution relate to other law texts? or such as the un charta or the declaration of human rights? are there conflicts between them?

Jacob

Quote from: Variable on Sep 08, 2009, 10:10 PM
Bro, I don't think you have any idea how ignorant you sound.  The U.S. Constitution was-is one of the most significant documents ever in the history of the world.  The U.S. revolution was so much more than a revolution for the colonies.  It was a world wide statement of a thirst for freedom and democracy.  That document and the history around it has greatly influenced and changed history all over the world.

did I ever say otherwise? I know it's an important document historically (although you make it sound like America invented freedom and democracy, which is just rubbish). but the document is old and times have changed.

Quote from: Variable on Sep 08, 2009, 10:10 PMAlso, that last part you threw in there.  I guess you don't understand law very well.  Because all laws in America come from the constitution.  So you can't have any gun laws without the constitution.  Even if they are local.  Because the constitution is the supreme law of the land.  Meaning that even if some state wants to have their own law, if it contradicts the constitution, it is not a valid law.  And the 2nd amendment was put into the bill of rights.  Rights that all Americans are at least guaranteed.  So until the bill of rights is amended, gun bans are highly illegal and gun laws are highly suspicious.  Just because the government does it, doesn't mean its legal.  The supreme court cant bring cases to themselves.  So citizens have to actually give a shit that their government is walking all over them and they have to realize there IS something they can do in order to get these kinds of cases to the courts.  Not just shrug off all these violations. 

wow, talk about going off in the entirely wrong direction. I think you misinterpreted my words there a bit, mate. I wasn't talking about what the current laws are and why they're there. I only meant that I don't understand how you can justify a law saying you should be allowed to own guns only because it says so in the constitution, and totally ignoring why you should be allowed. but seeing as how he was joking, which I should have understood, it really doesn't matter.

and for the record, I'm well aware of how laws work.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep