Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Should I re-enlist?

Started by Variable, Oct 04, 2009, 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

Quote from: indychinoluv on Oct 07, 2009, 11:37 PM
Just checking. it would be pretty gay if you did what strangers recomended.

homophobia is gay

indychinoluv

Quote from: Nailec on Oct 08, 2009, 12:04 AM
homophobia is gay
Wow!

How about you shut up for a while, aye?

bebo

indychinoluv

Quote from: bebo on Oct 08, 2009, 02:54 AM
Someone say gay?
What gave it away? The words on the screen, maybe?

Nailec

Quote from: indychinoluv on Oct 08, 2009, 01:57 AM
homophobia is gay
Wow!

how about no?

indychinoluv

Quote from: Nailec on Oct 08, 2009, 11:32 AM
Quote from: indychinoluv on Oct 08, 2009, 01:57 AM
homophobia is gay
Wow!

how about no?
That'll work for me.

mckvmjnj

: Fujitsu has released a notebook computer called the LifeBook T580. The most outstanding feature of the product is that it is not only equipped with a rotating screen,Fujitsu FPCBP80 Battery, also supports the four-point touch.
    According to reports,Fujitsu Lifebook t4020d Battery, LifeBook T580 with a 10.1-inch resistive touch screen. Equipped with Intel Core i5 processors. Interfaces include two USB interfaces, SD card reader, SmartCard reader, VGA and HDMI outputs. With a network camera, and the physical keyboard. Battery life is 8 hours. Total weight is 1.4 kg. Optional 3G, GPS module.
    This product is rumored release date has been set for the end of November this year. Currently, Fujitsu did not disclose terms of the price of this product, but also did not disclose whether the product will enter China.
Fujitsu Lifebook T580 laptop had initially before,turbotax 2010 China notebook market analysis report, this is a Core i5 processor with 10-inch notebook. In the IFA show, Fujitsu officially announced the product.
According to introduction, Fujitsu Lifebook T580 with a 10.1-inch screen, Fujitsu combines 20 years of PC technical rotating screen. Flat-panel design of the Lifebook T580 features with a mainstream notebook, so a smaller lighter and more cheap.
Fujitsu Lifebook T580 flat panel devices targeting mobile, portable, and to further improve in performance,Compaq F4098A battery, operating experience is also more comfortable. With 2 USB, SD, VGA, HDMI and other interfaces. Have a camera.
Fujitsu Lifebook T580 screen support bi-directional rotation, support for touch operation. Combination of 14 different gestures to support,ghd straightener Chengdu Daily Like everyone in the race before qualifying, including double click, scroll, zoom,Dell Inspiron 6400 battery, rotate and other operations. Double-digital conversion provides a more accurate and high-sensitivity sensors, support stylus touch. Running Microsoft Windows 7 systems to support 26 different languages in the handwriting input, and provide voice support.
And all like the Fujitsu Lifebook tablet PC, Lifebook T580 notebook can also support the outdoor lighting to read the screen with bright and high-definition features, the use of high-definition LED backlit screen, with a light sensor chips that can automatically adjust the screen brightness. Pollution prevention technologies can avoid leaving fingerprints and other traces of operation.

Variable

Out of all the threads to do this in, why this one?  That's so fucking random. 

one weak

usually these little fuckers are starting their own threads for this. very wierd.

defskull

Variable

lol yeah I resolved this issue a while ago.  I'm not re-enlisting.  Thanks for all the support. 

downtownpony

I agree with defskull. There's way to many white male heterosexuals in the military.

Variable

I can understand why you think I'm white ( because I'm not stupid ) but I have no idea why you assume that I'm a heterosexual. 

downtownpony

I considered putting a question after heterosexual but decided not to. It would have been as a joke anyways. From what you've posted that I've seen I have no reason to believe you're gay/bi except for the fact that your in the Navy. ;) I guess the diversity training has been very effective.

Variable

lol, says the guy who said I shouldn't re-enlist because of my race and sexual preference. 

Variable

I read the first two paragraphs, rolled my eyes, and closed it.  Yeah, lets apply affirmative action to combat operations.  Theres a great idea.  I mean, it's only my life that's on the line, but we wouldn't want to be unfair to lesser qualified individuals that fall into minority categories.  Oh then when a real war breaks out and our national security is actually at risk and we are getting our asses handed to us we can all be so proud to see all the dead bodies coming back in equal racial ratios. 

I'm not saying that anybody is more or less qualified based on race.  I'm just saying that it should strictly be performance based, no exceptions.  I also do not believe that females should be in the infantry.  Sorry, it has nothing to do with misogyny.  I base it on personal experience and just the reality of certain gender related strengths and weaknesses. I know a lot of great women who serve and do great things (my GF is in the Army too btw) but they in no way belong in the infantry or other combat related jobs. 

downtownpony

Yeah, I def agree with you, and I think most of America does too. All this diversity shit and being politically correct is getting way out of hand.
I was reading in another forum about some girl arguing that she had the right to be in the infantry just as much as any body else. I think she is right, as long as she can pass the exact same test the guys do. And is capable of dragging a 180 lb guy with 70lbs worth of gear on him a good distance.

Corleone

Good luck with your choice. I think you made the right one. I'd actually come back now if possible.

Variable

Quote from: downtownpony on Mar 09, 2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I def agree with you, and I think most of America does too. All this diversity shit and being politically correct is getting way out of hand.
I was reading in another forum about some girl arguing that she had the right to be in the infantry just as much as any body else. I think she is right, as long as she can pass the exact same test the guys do. And is capable of dragging a 180 lb guy with 70lbs worth of gear on him a good distance.
It's a lot more than that though.  Things change when you add women.  Watch full metal jacket.  That used to be what boot camp was like, not anymore.  When women get added to the equation things tend to soften up and get a lot more politically correct.  Training gets softer and less stressful.  Which in turn makes you less prepared for combat.  Thats when you freeze up when shit hits the fan.  Because you weren't stressed out enough in training.   It's really kind of a hard thing to explain without coming off as sexist. 

Of course there are always the few girls that probably could hack it and then guys who aren't fit for the infantry too.  Guys freeze up in combat all the time.  I mainly blame all the politics surrounding military training these days.  We just can't do a lot of things that we used to.  Also if someone gets their feelings hurt they can cry about it and get their superiors in trouble for being too harsh.  Which is stupid.  And it totally undermines the whole military rank structure too.  So now we all have to walk on egg shells and feel people out to see who is going to be the kind of guy to cry to their congressman about something.  Take a guess as to who doesn't perform in combat........ War is a nasty nasty business.  I hope we never do it again.  But we always should be ready to defend our society if necessary.  Unfortunately, there is no room for hurt feelings in that business. 
Quote from: Corleone on Mar 09, 2011, 05:22 PM
Good luck with your choice. I think you made the right one. I'd actually come back now if possible.
Come back?