Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

flyleaf

Started by Hidalgo, Oct 11, 2009, 06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

anyone else really like this band? i'm not ashamed either, they're good. plus the major lack of good bands with girl singers. i need some female vocals in my rockin sometimes, and it seems they're one of the few good heavy bands with female vocals. lookin forward to the new album next month

samson simpson

Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 11, 2009, 06:09 AM
i need some female vocals in my rockin sometimes
agree with that... but from the songs ive heard from them they suck..

any recommendations ?

Hidalgo

actually no. they're about all i listen to as far as bands with girl singers goes. i was hoping to get some recommendations for female vocal bands while i was at it. i mean, there's always evenesence but i'm not really into them, but they dont suck. then of course there's garbage, joan jett, heart, etc. but nothing really new

Penicks

that one song scared the shit out of mee, she's like "i will breaaaak" in a soft voice and then later she grunts like a damn troll, it's like "whoa that's creepy dawg"

wither-I

i remember walking through target some few years back and i saw their album on the shelf with a bright orange sticker on the cover that said, "if you like deftones buy this!" or somewhere along those lines... so i bought it. not a fan though. but they did get some recognition. the girl is from the mississippi coast so she's regional to me, might have to holer

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Livewire

Yeah, I dig Flyleaf. 

In terms of bands with female vocalists, I think Lacuna Coil has got to be one of the best.  And of course you can't forget the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.  I'm also diggin Freezepop.  If you play Guitar Hero or Rock Band you should know who that is.

Hidalgo

maybe i'll DL some lacuna coil and yeah yeah yeahs. need the female vocals. but are they actually heavy? i remember hearing the yeah yeah yeahs a few years ago and i thought they were good, but sorta mellow

ben

the Yeah Yeah Yeah's can get heavy but in a different way than the nu-metal radiorock BS such as Flyleaf.

Alvar

Battle Of Mice [R.I.P.]

[youtube=425,350]_wScX-ao9ZU[/youtube]

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Livewire

Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 11, 2009, 07:05 PM
maybe i'll DL some lacuna coil and yeah yeah yeahs. need the female vocals. but are they actually heavy? i remember hearing the yeah yeah yeahs a few years ago and i thought they were good, but sorta mellow

Yeah, Lacuna Coil is heavy.

[youtube=425,350]Ly9E30Hc5pg[/youtube]

Some others that I've heard of but never listen to that often are Halestorm, In This Moment, Walls of Jericho, and Made out of Babies.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Livewire on Oct 11, 2009, 08:06 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 11, 2009, 07:05 PM

Yeah, Lacuna Coil is heavy.

[youtube=425,350]Ly9E30Hc5pg[/youtube]

Some others that I've heard of but never listen to that often are Halestorm, In This Moment, Walls of Jericho, and Made out of Babies.
that was pretty cool, kinda wish the dude would shut up, but yea i'll dl an album by them and yeah yeah yeahs

Hidalgo

Quote from: ben on Oct 11, 2009, 07:10 PM
the Yeah Yeah Yeah's can get heavy but in a different way than the nu-metal radiorock BS such as Flyleaf.
i don't consider flyleaf numetal, and if they are it's still good imo

wither-I

Quote from: Alvar on Oct 11, 2009, 07:34 PM
Battle Of Mice [R.I.P.]

[youtube=425,350]_wScX-ao9ZU[/youtube]
looove battle of mice. lyrics =cryptic cool.

doooooom DOOOOOOM!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

_Fireal_

Damn, how'd I miss battle of mice breaking up...

TS, check out Sleater-Kinney if you want some punk ish rock, riot grrl type o' stuff.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 07:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

Vesanic

Eths' singer is a fuckin' monster, she rocks.

_Fireal_

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 12, 2009, 12:51 AM
Eths' singer is a fuckin' monster, she rocks.

I just went on their myspace and listened for the first time.  I'm really liking it!
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 07:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

I didnt know that thing was a band 
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn