Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Albums that help you let go.

Started by No More Sugar, Oct 18, 2009, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No More Sugar

Let go of everything, love, hate, problems...insecurities...albums that make you hollow, that make you feel so good that you forget that you even exist. I'd like to take cues from everyone here, and find more albums/bands that make you all feel like this.

As of the 18 years I've lived, and all the bands i've listened to, only one has ever done that to me, and that would be Juturna.

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Starz

Juturna as in the album by Circa Survive?

Whenever I listen to Watch Out! by Alexisonfire it always gives me courage to say 'fuck what people think of you, just been yourself!' because I suffer from major anxiety problems.

The song Lonesome by a band called Jakob makes me forget everything. The world is going to end and this is the song to play, there is no hope. The love of your life is hanging off a cliff and you can't quite pull her up to safety; I imagine this song to be playing in the background.

When I broke up with the love of my life (back then) S/T by Deftones had just been released and I swear to God, that album helped me through the shit more than my friends and family did. Even more than alcohol.

theis

White Wrist

lostpilot

lots of albums, but mewithoutYou - Catch for Us the Foxes, I guess, works the best.
Try January 1979. pure emotion

No More Sugar

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 18, 2009, 10:30 PM
lots of albums, but mewithoutYou - Catch for Us the Foxes, I guess, works the best.

love that cd. :)

wither-I

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 18, 2009, 10:30 PM
:) couldnt agree more. i lose my cool whenever i listen to that album. NO CONTROL! ahhhh

"coming into the nearness of distance"

E-Money

Quote from: White Wrist on Oct 18, 2009, 08:59 PM
smashing pumpkins - adore;

nice,  I would have to agree.  Team Sleep S/T.  I dont know what it is about it.  But whenever im feelin down this one just make me feel better.  I guess it takes me back to a good time in my life.  Also Neil Young.  All of his stuff just takes my mind off shit.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Behemoth - Any song by them LOL
Devildriver - Die (And Die Now)
Devildriver - I Could Care Less
Machine Head - Now I Lay Thee Down
Machine Head - Beautiful Mourning
Machine Head - A Farewell To Arms
NIN - No, You Dont
NIN - Burn
Sepultura - Troops Of Doom

Nothing like good old metal to burn the memory of worthless pieces of shit people
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

decapod

Tool_Aenima

Meshuggah_Nothing

Knut_Terraformer

The Kilimanjaro DarkJazz Ensemble_Self Titled

A Perfect Circle_Mer De Noms

Kayo Dot_Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue

Today Is the Day_Temple of the Morning Star

No More Sugar

Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence