Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino to be on Creepshow podcast, album not coming until April.

Started by Inkblades, Dec 15, 2009, 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Jacob on Dec 16, 2009, 08:05 AM
that's what I'm saying too. but most other bands at least have the decency not to give out any dates before things are official. but Deftones (especially Chino) just keeps blurting out random dates and has done so for years. maybe it's time he learned to be more careful with that.

SEARCHING THE MACHINE MIGHT REVEAL WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Hidalgo

it's cool he admitted the black cloud that's been over them the past 2 albums. they haven't seemed right since 2001. they're good enough to halfass it and still make better albums than 99% of bands, but they need the fire back,

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Hidalgo on Oct 22, 2009, 02:45 PM
i dont think they have anything to proove. snw was as good as anything else they've done

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 21, 2009, 07:11 AM
it's cool he admitted the black cloud that's been over them the past 2 albums. they haven't seemed right since 2001. they're good enough to halfass it and still make better albums than 99% of bands, but they need the fire back,

::) time to make up yr mind brah!

Hidalgo

i stand by that. snw is on par with anything they've done. doesn't mean i haven't noticed the cloud over the band for s/t and snw. they still wrote good stuff, just didn't really improve, and lacked the passion they had for the first 3 albums

E-Money

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 21, 2009, 07:11 AM

jesusinabowlofdirt

the cloud that was over them during the making of s/t should be over them again if u ask me

Inkblades

And if Chino had stuck around in Connecticut with Ezrin and the rest of them, SNW would probably would have been a hundred times better. I guess he thought there was too much of a black cloud, but when you hear that darkness manifesting in flat-out masterpieces like Finger of Death, it's a good thing. Maybe not for them, but for us.

Still, I think it's good they wrote this new material together. SNW was also over the place because Chino came back and finished it months later.

Sugartolove

First of all.... How about this screenshot, eh?

Guy on the right.... sexy...  ??? Come on though, bet you'd all like to look like that.

Second of all, I think it's hard to watch Chino at the time of the Internet House Party.   He looks drugged up and unhappy, and his eyes there make me sad for him. Makes me happy for him that he seems so much more content now, and in good shape. I wonder what the title of the new Chi free album will be. This might be worth a thread - suggestions for titles. Maybe something else (than Eros) from Greek mythology, since Chino seems to read a lot about this, judging by titles of songs, etc.

Vesanic

Quote from: Sugartolove on Dec 29, 2009, 12:15 AM
Second of all, I think it's hard to watch Chino at the time of the Internet House Party.   He looks drugged up and unhappy, and his eyes there make me sad for him.

He was riding the White Pony at that time.

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 29, 2009, 01:24 AM
Quote from: Sugartolove on Dec 29, 2009, 12:15 AM
Second of all, I think it's hard to watch Chino at the time of the Internet House Party.   He looks drugged up and unhappy, and his eyes there make me sad for him.

He was riding the White Pony at that time.

Oh yea!

jesusinabowlofdirt

ilovechino69 ,can you write word by word what chino and the others says in the interview, please? a guy on the internet asked vesanic. tnx

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Caín

glad that even chino admits that s/t and snw are bad records, recorded with minimum effort and thought behind it. been saying that all along. s/t lovers tried to convince me otherwise.

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Dec 29, 2009, 09:21 AM
ilovechino69 ,can you write word by word what chino and the others says in the interview, please? a guy on the internet asked vesanic. tnx

LMAO

Penicks

Quote from: Caín on Dec 29, 2009, 12:35 PM
glad that even chino admits that s/t and snw are bad records, recorded with minimum effort and thought behind it. been saying that all along. s/t lovers tried to convince me otherwise.

I really don't care what the band says. S/T is my favorite. Heck, I even like Back to School even though the band hates it. So yeah.

nineteenpeoplesnames

It's their band. They do what they like. That why I like 'em.

Starz

I don't think he meant they were 'bad' records as such. It's just the band were going through a lot of dark shit at the time of writing and this especially shows on S/T. I for one think Deftones are at their best when they write dark, moody shit but I guess Chino thinks different. I think the new untitled record will be kinda upbeat and atmospheric but I REALLY wanna hear Eros as I reckon that record is as dark as S/T and maybe more. Probably why Chino doesn't want anyone to hear it yet...

defTHE1s

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Dec 21, 2009, 06:57 PM
the cloud that was over them during the making of s/t should be over them again if u ask me
+ 1

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Dec 21, 2009, 09:30 PM
Finger of Death

+1
Quote from: Starz on Dec 29, 2009, 09:35 PM
I don't think he meant they were 'bad' records as such. It's just the band were going through a lot of dark shit at the time of writing and this especially shows on S/T. I for one think Deftones are at their best when they write dark, moody shit but I guess Chino thinks different. I think the new untitled record will be kinda upbeat and atmospheric but I REALLY wanna hear Eros as I reckon that record is as dark as S/T and maybe more. Probably why Chino doesn't want anyone to hear it yet...
+1

haha, I love S/T  8)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Law

Quote from: Hidalgo on Dec 21, 2009, 02:58 PM
i stand by that. snw is on par with anything they've done. doesn't mean i haven't noticed the cloud over the band for s/t and snw. they still wrote good stuff, just didn't really improve, and lacked the passion they had for the first 3 albums

If SNW repeat comes out again then blow me, that record is their worst by a way for me, hardly listen to it bar beware and maybe Rats... my opinion of course but if you compare it album to album, it really isn't that great, so I really hope this is an improvement. And with reference to Chino lying, it's probably cos he's been smoking absurd amounts of weed and doing other things that screw with your head, but I agree with most it is a bit annoying the way they banter on about dates and such, most other bands just seem to get on and release it, EPK or not... unless you're in a certain band lead by Axel Rose lol.