Thrice

Started by theis, Dec 17, 2009, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visitant

Quote from: lithium on Oct 09, 2012, 05:27 AM
Vheissu, the alchemy index,and beggars are perfect
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

Tempest2012

I can see why fans on the Deftones like them. I think it's the experimentation that they implemented on their stuff after AITA.
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

kurtone

Quote from: Tempest2012 on Oct 09, 2012, 05:38 AM
I can see why fans on the Deftones like them. I think it's the experimentation that they implemented on their stuff after AITA.

I remember when Vheissu came out some were referring to it as Thrices "White Pony"

Tempest2012

Are there any bands like Thrice that have progressed as they have over each album?
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

Caín

Quote from: Tempest2012 on Oct 11, 2012, 06:01 AM
Are there any bands like Thrice that have progressed as they have over each album?

Silverchair is even more "progressive". It might not be to your liking, but their transformations are insane.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Caín on Oct 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
Quote from: Tempest2012 on Oct 11, 2012, 06:01 AM

Silverchair is even more "progressive". It might not be to your liking, but their transformations are insane.
yeah at first i couldn't believe it was the same band they became really poppy and shit with cheesy songs like straight lines.I think they peaked early and have gone way down hill.

knifeparty

PureVolume Exclusive! Thrice Premiere "Words In The Water" (Live) + Watch Riley Breckenridge Discuss the Song

http://www.purevolume.com/news/Thrice-Premiere-Words-In-The-Water-Live-Anthology-PureVolume-Exclusive

Deadradio

i miss Thrice!

defTHE1s

I have the M/M álbum that fortunately found on the local CD store but it's quite hard to get the Cds here, and the imports are esxpensive... If someone can upload Vol. III & IV for me, i would appreciate it a lot.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

bewareofrats

I am starting to get into Thrice just recently.  Thanks to finding out about Dustin's Gospel album which made me look into Thrice's work again.  I am not into Hardcore so I am only talking about Vheissu and on.  I heard Vheissu I think around the time it came out but I think the Hardcore aspects of it turned me off so I never really pursued Thrice.  Still though, I did like the creativity I heard and some of the songs.  But now, with knowing Dustin is apparently a Christian and reading/listening I am seeing all sorts of Bible-based lyrics which is making that aspect of Vheissu a lot more powerful to me than it would be otherwise.  Plus, the album has a lot more to offer than screamo and a very nice contrast.  I think Vheissu is their pinnacle album on the whole.

I'm not a big fan of the Fire and Water EPs but the Air and Earth ones are pretty good.  Beggars has some excellent songs and the album as a whole is quite good.  I'm sure it will only grow on me more and more.  In Exile, The Great Exchange, Beggars and All The World Is Mad are some of my favourites of Thrice.  Major/Minor is really growing on me.  At first nothing much stood out, but I'm starting to get quite into a lot of songs.  I think musically, there could be more variation but it's growing on me a lot.  Thanks in large part I think to the lyrics.  They are especially clear and beautiful on Major/Minor.

Their progression is pretty amazing and fascinating.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

An bád dubh

Quote from: bewareofrats on Feb 14, 2014, 01:01 PM
I am starting to get into Thrice just recently.  Thanks to finding out about Dustin's Gospel album which made me look into Thrice's work again.
You got a link to that album? Sounds interesting.

bewareofrats

Do you have itunes?  They have 1 minute and a half samples of each song.  I could upload it but maybe you want to check out some samples first.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

FlyingPiranha

Quote from: bewareofrats on Feb 14, 2014, 01:01 PM
I am starting to get into Thrice just recently.  Thanks to finding out about Dustin's Gospel album which made me look into Thrice's work again.  I am not into Hardcore so I am only talking about Vheissu and on.  I heard Vheissu I think around the time it came out but I think the Hardcore aspects of it turned me off so I never really pursued Thrice.  Still though, I did like the creativity I heard and some of the songs.  But now, with knowing Dustin is apparently a Christian and reading/listening I am seeing all sorts of Bible-based lyrics which is making that aspect of Vheissu a lot more powerful to me than it would be otherwise.  Plus, the album has a lot more to offer than screamo and a very nice contrast.  I think Vheissu is their pinnacle album on the whole.

I'm not a big fan of the Fire and Water EPs but the Air and Earth ones are pretty good.  Beggars has some excellent songs and the album as a whole is quite good.  I'm sure it will only grow on me more and more.  In Exile, The Great Exchange, Beggars and All The World Is Mad are some of my favourites of Thrice.  Major/Minor is really growing on me.  At first nothing much stood out, but I'm starting to get quite into a lot of songs.  I think musically, there could be more variation but it's growing on me a lot.  Thanks in large part I think to the lyrics.  They are especially clear and beautiful on Major/Minor.

Their progression is pretty amazing and fascinating.
That's what drew me to Thrice, too. I'm not a Christian, or even religious at all, but I love Dustin's lyrics. The way he integrates those themes into the songs without bashing you over the head with them is great, and there's still a lot of room for other interpretations too. I'd quote some favorites but I could do that all day, haha.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

Inkblades

Thrice posted a clip of a new song on their social media pages. Looks like we're on the verge of getting some new stuff from them.

LG95

New song sounds good. Very simple rock song but the chorus is pretty huge and Dustin's voice is as great as ever.
I could float here forever

Slacker

Quote from: LG95 on Mar 25, 2016, 10:56 AM
New song sounds good. Very simple rock song but the chorus is pretty huge and Dustin's voice is as great as ever.

yeah i loved it. i could used some more new thrice soon. can only hope for a solid world tour.

kurtone

Wishful thinking, but with Deftones and Thrice both releasing albums so close together I think a fall/winter tour between the two would be awesome.

Far away

Quote from: Slacker on Mar 26, 2016, 12:08 AM
Quote from: LG95 on Mar 25, 2016, 10:56 AM

yeah i loved it. i could used some more new thrice soon. can only hope for a solid world tour.

I can finally have two of my fav bands releasing new stuff again! Finally! Thrice's new song is great.

Quote from: kurtone on Mar 26, 2016, 12:50 AM
Wishful thinking, but with Deftones and Thrice both releasing albums so close together I think a fall/winter tour between the two would be awesome.

this, please!

Martin