Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

You are making a guess you already know is not going to turn all green, they do have a wide ranging sound. I will be happy anyway.

Inkblades

I mean, yeah, it's pure speculation on my part as I haven't heard the album obviously. But the general vibe so far makes me think that.

Of course. I get Hiiigh Viibratiiions!

GlimmeringMaggit

The studio titbits they're posting on their socials are really cool.
Formerly LG95

Who Said

Everything is revealed in heaven. I've been travellin' on this road too long. Full gas S8nd1ng Love 169! 

Inkblades

B33HIV3

The first 1 was great. Positively, this is even better.

Inkblades

Shaun hinted on his IG stories that Light as a Feather will be the next video. I was wrong about last week but maybe this week? Hope I'm not jinxing it.

GlimmeringMaggit

It seems about time for one. We're just over a month from the record. New single this week or next, and another the week of release?
Formerly LG95

Inexhale

Yes, something predictable. It seems common practice for independent musicians to simply announce they're putting out a new album or mixtape, then releasing it a week later. But crosses will be released October 13th on Warner Records. This would be the band's first album with a major label, the same Deftones is signed under. The last deftones album was preceded by the release of 2 singles: "Ohms" (August 21, 2020) and "Genesis" (September 18 ) the song "Ceremony" was later released as a single, (January 26, 2021) . 3 singles...

Inkblades

GlimmeringMaggit

Formerly LG95

Inexhale

GlimmeringMaggit

Heard it. I reckon this one will split opinion on first listens, a bit like Day One did on the EP. Very optimistic sounding.

I really like it. One of those that Chino played on his mixlr about a year and a half ago, polished up since.
Formerly LG95

sharinglungs

This song leaked a week ago and no one noticed lol

Just from hearing a little bit of it I like it more than Day one.

Inexhale

Someone on reedit says that drops today. I'm still going to misbehave and check it

GlimmeringMaggit

Double drop. Light as a Feather and Ghost Ride
Formerly LG95

Inkblades

Inkblades

Light as a Feather is one of my favorites of the new songs, absolutely love it. It has a bit of a trip-hop vibe to it IMO and Chino sounds amazing on it.

I'm not gonna listen to Ghost Ride too much because I want the album to feel as fresh as possible. But after two listens, Chino is again really reminding me of George Michael.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website