Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surgery

It doesn't seem like they're solely focusing on the new album on this tour, because they won't be able to perform at least new songs like 'Big Youth' in good conditions. But it also doesn't surprise me if that's the case, some VIP tickets are above 200+ (No meet & greet/photo session really)

Inexhale

El-P was part of a redemption arc for Chino,
"I've always wanted to redeem myself, I did this song with El-P once... It was dark times. It was probably during the 'Saturday Night Wrist' era. I literally barely remember recording the song. It wasn't my finest hour. And I always thought, 'If I ever get the chance, I'd like to work with him again. I'd like to redeem myself and do something where I'm actually there'."

kurtone

Initiation
This is a trick
Vivian
Found
Ghost ride
Pleasure
The Holy Ghost
Sensation
Grace
Bitches brew
Pulseplagg
Holier
Invisible hand
Girls float
Last rites
Big youth

Telepathy
Option
Goodbye horses

November 13th setlist

B33HIV3

It wouldn't make sense for them to have a setlist consisting only of songs from the new album.

Invisible Hand
Ghost Ride
Pleasure
Initiation
†his Is a †rick
Vivien
Found
†hholyghs†
Protection
Bi†ches Brew
Cadavre Exquis
Sensation
Eraser
Girls Float
Last Rites
Big Youth
End Youth (Reprise)

Encore:
†elepa†hy
Op†ion

Concert Setlist at Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetery,
November 14th

Inkblades

Strong setlists for both nights, but damn I hope they play Holier when I see them in BK lol.

B33HIV3

Someone uploaded the complete video on YouTube. Some comments express dissatisfaction with the setlist. It's just the 2 of them; they are indeed without the drummer at the moment

E-Money

I went to night 3 and it was so bad ass. The Hollywood Forever Cemetary is such a dope venue. Couldn't of been a more perfect place to see a crosses show. Chino sounded great and was super trim. Nice to see him so healthy looking again. I think this tour next year will be really cool. Especially if they get some more tech and imagery behind them . Sean was very impressive with as much of the instrumentation he did live. He's a very creative guy. I enjoyed this crosses show even more than I did the first run back in the day . I think we will continue to get crosses records because I think they're gonna blow up. The encore of Telepathy and Option was pretty special . Everyone was singing option so loud. Chino was really digging it. He thanked the crowd multiple times for being there and he said that he knew everyone was there because they wanted to be and they really appreciated the support. He also said he was really nervous on the first night and wasn't sure how it was all gonna go. Thought that was cool he told the crowd that.  I could totally see them doing arenas eventually.  It seemed like Chino was super into this . I know Deftones will always be number 1 but it really seemed like Crosses is going to continue to do this. Which I think is rad.. I really dig the new record . It's grown on me a ton . New songs were wonderful live.

Haven't made a  post in a really long time. Hope all my old friends from SL are doing well! Haven't seen Chino preform for about 5 years so it was nice to see him play again. His voice is just a thing of beauty.

B33HIV3

Chino and Shaun have been in the industry for too long; it wouldn't make sense for them to have signed with Warner if they didn't have the intention of releasing more albums. It's normal to be nervous since it's just him and Shaun; this tour is definitely different. Personally, Idgaf about that venue. Yesterday was the Darker Waves; now, the next one is only on the 28th. The setlist was only different on the 1st day; I noticed that the setlist for night 2 was the same as night 3.

Inkblades

Show in Brooklyn was good, Chino sounded fantastic. Little disappointed they didn't do Holier or Light as a Feather (watch, they'll play one of them tonight) and that El-P wasn't there for Big Youth (I thought he was a BK resident, guess he was busy) but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. I also had to deal with some obnoxious douchebag behind me in the crowd but that's a given with the concert experience these days.

B33HIV3

Yes, I had noticed that they kept the same setlist. The difference is that they played fewer songs this time. I know this experience well, but I always keep those kinds behind me, i keep dealing with it easily. The important thing is that you were able to enjoy the concert.

Inkblades

Lmao, of course they play both Holier and Light as a Feather the night I don't go.

B33HIV3

Yes, they also played "Runner" for the first time.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

B33HIV3

Yes, it will sell out quickly, the venue isn't very large. Anyway, someone can't make the flight there and is trying to sell the tickets on Reddit. As a last resort...

GlimmeringMaggit

I wonder what this year's cover will be.

Would be interesting for them to do something heavier.
Formerly LG95

B33HIV3

If it's like the new album, it doesn't seem like it to me

B33HIV3

Quote from: GlimmeringMaggit on Dec 02, 2023, 10:11 AM
I wonder what this year's cover will be.

Would be interesting for them to do something heavier.

Someone online mentioned that Shaun posted a clip of Chino covering "Enjoy the Silence" while in the studio. If it's a Depeche Mode cover, it's not something heavy

GlimmeringMaggit

Shaun tweeted a clip of Chino singing Enjoy The Silence in the studio in June 2021. Maybe he reposted it on his Instagram story (?) but there's no new post of it

https://twitter.com/shaunlopez/status/1403136477735784461
Formerly LG95

B33HIV3

Yes, but also the date for them to release the music is approaching, so

B33HIV3

It seems there won't be a Christmas cover this year