Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

i bought a game from amazon 1 month ago the game was 39$  and shipping was 26$...I live in Turkey and i know what you feel about it
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

McFly

it's a pity.
so who is gone buy it? I would love to have it, but the shipping costs are too high

defsteve

Nice one. Pre-ordered yesterday.

Throw the EP out for free. Let people who want to buy higher quality do so.

And then have something for the collectors.

This is the future....
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

sing blue silver

the box set and the hot topic reissues killed my wallet. this is just bad timing for me. think i'll have to pass on this one. also, i wonder if they'll do this with all the ep's. perhaps i'll just wait and see if they release a set at the end with all the ep's. get the most for your money.

morning

I'd love to buy the 10", but not with a heap of stuff I need even less than the vinyl.. and the postage pricing is crazy.
Looks like a nice collectors box though for those who can afford it.

Sushi-X

Maybe a lot of that has to do with what I've experienced in the past anytime I ever recorded anything aside from Deftones. Deftones fans are very opinionated. I never go on [the internet] and read any of the fuckin' message boards or nothing like that. Motherfuckers piss me off—they feel like they are in the fuckin' band sometimes and they are so entitled. [Like they know what] we "should" do and what I "should" be doing. I end up getting pissed, so I don't even pay any attention to that shit anymore."

Quote of the fucking year XD. Hahaahah

Rocket Skates '94

Inkblades

from_musings

;D i guess most people who meet him face to face just pour out compliments and says what he wants to hear... so there probably is lot of dick sucking at such meetings. I also guess he surrounds himself with a sort of yes-sayes. on the internet, people say what they want, and sometimes fans have opinions that are less flattering , opinions he's not used too. it's just the real world. what he says here is that he chooses to put his head in the sand and just listen to the dick sucking and the yes sayers, perhaps not the most admirable i've heard him say :) i mean people with some critisism isn't out to knock them cause they think deftones suck but because they have high expectations on the band because they love the band and know what they're capable of. he can do better than this  :)

wheresmysnare

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 07, 2011, 08:07 PM
;D i guess most people who meet him face to face just pour out compliments and says what he wants to hear... so there probably is lot of dick sucking at such meetings. I also guess he surrounds himself with a sort of yes-sayes. on the internet, people say what they want, and sometimes fans have opinions that are less flattering , opinions he's not used too. it's just the real world. what he says here is that he chooses to put his head in the sand and just listen to the dick sucking and the yes sayers, perhaps not the most admirable i've heard him say :) i mean people with some critisism isn't out to knock them cause they think deftones suck but because they have high expectations on the band because they love the band and know what they're capable of. he can do better than this  :)

Chino has a huge ego man, always has, probably at its peak at their most successful, you'll notice he shut the fuck up a bit after SNW hit. To be honest though, i wouldn't want to come on the internet and read the little peoples opinions about me either if i was famous. I don't think anyone here has any expectations to alter what the band does, i know a few have tried to influence set lists live... but i mean people just say how they feel, its the fucking faceless bitch that is the internet

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 07, 2011, 08:07 PM

Well he is right.  It's their band, they do what they think is best.  They move the band in whatever direction they choose.  I agree with wheresmysnare, I wouldn't want to read anyone's opinions about me on the internet either if I were famous.  There are people who love what you do, and people who hate it.. but no two people ever completely agree on anything.  In the end all they can do is what they feel is the best for them to do, for themselves.  That's all they've ever done, and that's all they'll ever do.  Everything great they've done was because it's what they wanted to do, not what the fans wanted them to do.  They didn't make ATF/WP/ST for you (a general you, not you you), they made it because it's what they wanted to do... and probably to make money (Chino's Networth is $15mil).  I can agree with that.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

crosses

$15mill... where did you find that figure?

Inkblades

I can also see where Chino is coming from and he does have a point. After all, this is the site that had a thread dedicated to what the next Deftones album should sound like (I'm more than guilty of this. I was one of the first to post in that thread). There are fan expectations, but his point is that he doesn't always want to do the expected.

On the other hand, his anger towards SL is a little surprising. If he thinks this place is bad, he should go read one of the many snooty hipster blogs where Deftones are still considered nu-metal.

Inkblades

N/M

Inkblades

N/M

wheresmysnare

It's kind of a kick in the teeth to SL lets be honest.

Inkblades

For me, it's more of a kick in the teeth that I read a two-page Crosses interview and still don't know when the next EP is coming out.

wheresmysnare

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: crosses on Nov 07, 2011, 08:58 PM
$15mill... where did you find that figure?

www.celebritynetworth.com

Musicians, Rappers, Athletes, Actors, and Politicians etc are all on there.  It's a pretty reputable site, and it sites sources.  It's pretty cool, actually.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

from_musings

I'm a little surprised that he reads fan pages and deftones forums. even more surprised that he cares so much what's written, getting angry and shit. but ok ... even rock stars are people .. and if he gets hurt - fine.
but to sit and complain in interviews about the fact that not all the fans around the world appreciate every little thing they do to 100%, come on. it felt whiny and undignified. he should appear bigger i think. i mean people in countries suck up to him world wide, everywhere he goes - so what if somone says something else for a change. it comes with the job, deal with it.  if people sit and talk about how an album should sound, how deadly serious should a rock star look at it? it's just a sign of commitment.just smile at it  :P