Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

i was just gonna say that telephathy is the only one i don't dig

Visitant

'†elepa†hy' is honestly prob. my least fav. but I like them all.  'Fron†iers' and '†rophy' being my personal favs.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

pony_01

Fron†ier and Prurien† are my favorite. this EP are cool to me, as long as this band not make Deftones parting away (again, like Chino did with  Team Sleep).

deftones86

If putting them on one album i think this is the way it would go.

1. Fron†iers
2. †hholyghs†
3.†his Is A †rick
4. Prurien†
5. Op†ion
6. †elepa†hy
7. 1987
8. †rophy
9. Bermuda Locke†
10. †

Inkblades

Throw The Years on there and you have a nice little album. Here's how mine would go, I think:

1. 1987
2. Frontiers
3. This is a Trick
4. Prurient
5. Thholyghst
6. Option
7. Telepathy
8. Bermuda Locket
9. Cross
10. The Years
11. Trophy

TheyCallMeP

New EP is good stuff, originally liked EP 1 way more but this one is growing on me quickly (especially Frontiers). My 11 track playlist:

1. 1987
2. Frontier
3. Bermuda Locket
4. Cross (For some reason I like Cross transitioning into Option)
5. Option
6. Prurient
7. Holy Ghost
8. Telepathy
9. This Is A Trick
10. The Years
11. Trophy

theis

Digging the second EP more than the first. Good stuff.

Visitant

"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

sing blue silver

Inkblades

lithium

Dino campanella is an awesome drummer
💩

Robotsatemygrandma

Just finally had time to grab the deluxe EP. I'm pretty hyped on what I've heard so far, even though I'm 3 tracks in at the moment. Seems to be a lot more "alternative" and easier to pull off in a live setting then some of the first EP. Congrats guys, this is rocking.

The behind the scenes video was pretty cool, even though I know, deep within, it'll probably end up on Youtube or some other video site at some point in time. But hey, $7 to support an amazing band/project. Why not!!!

Critical critque, Chino's vocals seem to really suit this project. The dude covers so much ground in a handful of words then some singers ever will in 20 years. I'd like to know who else they had in mind for vocals. Instrumental and production, Shaun, and I suppose Chuck Doom, just have this elegant taste that a lot of bands strive for. They seem to make this experimental project accessible to everyone.

I think I maybe the first to say it, and I may get flamed over it... but if Deftones were to ever end, I'd be happy with Crosses taking the reigns from here on out.

Just saying.

EP's ended and now some DJ Shadow has started. lol

It's awesome. Doesn't seem as complete of an idea versus the first EP, though. I'm still very fucking impressed by what Crosses is establishing themselves as. It's glooming, romantic, personal, introspective, and has a tasteful texturing of instrumentals. They're good at the drone, but I'd like to hear them to at least belt out a rocker in the vein of TS' Blvd Nights.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Jan 30, 2012, 04:21 PM
Just finally had time to grab the deluxe EP. I'm pretty hyped on what I've heard so far, even though I'm 3 tracks in at the moment. Seems to be a lot more "alternative" and easier to pull off in a live setting then some of the first EP. Congrats guys, this is rocking.

The behind the scenes video was pretty cool, even though I know, deep within, it'll probably end up on Youtube or some other video site at some point in time. But hey, $7 to support an amazing band/project. Why not!!!

Critical critque, Chino's vocals seem to really suit this project. The dude covers so much ground in a handful of words then some singers ever will in 20 years. I'd like to know who else they had in mind for vocals. Instrumental and production, Shaun, and I suppose Chuck Doom, just have this elegant taste that a lot of bands strive for. They seem to make this experimental project accessible to everyone.

I think I maybe the first to say it, and I may get flamed over it... but if Deftones were to ever end, I'd be happy with Crosses taking the reigns from here on out.

Just saying.

EP's ended and now some DJ Shadow has started. lol

It's awesome. Doesn't seem as complete of an idea versus the first EP, though. I'm still very fucking impressed by what Crosses is establishing themselves as. It's glooming, romantic, personal, introspective, and has a tasteful texturing of instrumentals. They're good at the drone, but I'd like to hear them to at least belt out a rocker in the vein of TS' Blvd Nights.

Well written, liking your style.

E-Money

Im enjoying the shit out of the new EP.  Awesome stuff.  I'm even enjoying the first EP more now! 

dictatesofreason

Hell yeah, both EPs on shuffle is legit.

Vesanic

sir madrid

Someone please get Good footage of the show tonight!!!