Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

Does this live shitz sounds horrible to you too?
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

bangbang240

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Feb 02, 2012, 05:24 PM

It sounded pretty awesome at the venue.

bangbang240

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 01, 2012, 10:42 PM
was chino wearing his in-ear monitors,

No, but he kept asking the mixer to adjust his monitor levels throughout the show.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: bangbang240 on Feb 02, 2012, 07:12 PM

It sounded pretty awesome at the venue.

what do you think now? honestly

iceache

Anyone catch anything from last nights show?

Deadradio

Quote from: iceache on Feb 02, 2012, 11:10 PM
Anyone catch anything from last nights show?

I got some footage of a few songs. I'll upload them tomorrow.

Also, got a t-shirt, poster signed by the band and snuck on the bus to get a picture and meet Chino.

pony_01

they need more rehearsal to maximize their performance. i noticed that chino always (the most) loose his tempo or metronome, etc but in the Deftones, the rest of the band know how to deal with it.

from_musings

yes for sure. but what you're saying is sensitive matters around here so try not to use the word horrible.even if it is.  another thing- do you as a muslim get irritated or find it offensive when your favorite artist to uses these christian symbols all the time? constantly shoving crosses up your face? could you ever wear a crosses t-shirt?

rock_n_frost

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 03, 2012, 02:13 PM

yes for sure. but what you're saying is sensitive matters around here so try not to use the word horrible.even if it is.  another thing- do you as a muslim get irritated or find it offensive when your favorite artist to uses these christian symbols all the time? constantly shoving crosses up your face? could you ever wear a crosses t-shirt?
Yeah, i like the band i shouldnt say ''horrible''. They ll get better.

About the other thing ;

As a muslim ''crosses'' or ''christianic words'' or symbols are never a deal for me/us.
I can wear a t-shirt which has cross symbol on it.
I always say ''Jesus Christ'' or ''God'' (we need to say Allah as god, Isa as Jesus C.)
These things are not aganist anything. They describes itselfs.

Do believe this,  Islam doesnt hate Christians.
The hate starts when a christian come to their land and try to make them quit being muslim by force. (for example headscarf. Its an order from God that women have to wear. Its personal to do it or not. But when a non-muslim start to say ''hey you are retarded, why do you wear that, its anti-humanism'' they start to defend themself.)

Lostpilot lived in our country (Turkey) for years. He knows.
Believe me theres nothing different from your country.

BTW i always wondered.
Do you really believe that Jesus is son of God?
If yes, what makes you to believe that?
To us, he was a prohpet like Mosas, Abraham,Adam,Mohammad,David.
Every prophet has miracles like Jesus has. For ex: fire didnt burn Abraham. Mosas sliced the sea.
Why do you say he is son of the God? 

pony_01

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Feb 03, 2012, 06:28 PM

About the other thing ;

As a muslim ''crosses'' or ''christianic words'' or symbols are never a deal for me/us.
I always say ''Jesus Christ'' or ''God'' (we need to say Allah as god, Isa as Jesus C.)

thats true, im a moslem too, cross just a symbol and it's three crosses anyway and three crosses is not a Christian symbol, its a band called "Crosses". chino moreno, shaun lopez and chuck doom. everytime i saw Crosses logo (three crosses), im not seeing Jesus. Im seeing Chino

rock_n_frost

Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 03, 2012, 07:33 PM
Quote from: rock_n_frost on Feb 03, 2012, 06:28 PM

About the other thing ;

thats true, im a moslem too, cross just a symbol and it's three crosses anyway and three crosses is not a Christian symbol, its a band called "Crosses". chino moreno, shaun lopez and chuck doom. everytime i saw Crosses logo (three crosses), im not seeing Jesus. Im seeing Chino

Even you see Jesus, its not a offensive thing.
Cuz he is prohpet, muslims loves all the prophets

from_musings

Penicks

from_musings

that pic is fake, there should be at least 3 persons in it. can't you dig out something else that fit better

Penicks

from_musings

haha, better for sure. but most christians and muslims are not too keen on fags,so when people who are into that shit like now,that they would be fags in the original meaning, doesn't make sense. but it was ok

lxix

Geogaddii

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 03, 2012, 09:32 PM
Quote from: pony_01 on Feb 03, 2012, 07:33 PM

so if a guy have a swastika tattoo, that's a nazi symbol - but if he has three swastikas on his chest, that's not nazi related at all?

anyway, when jesus was crucified, there were 2 more crosses at that place - two crucified thieves, so 3 crosses is a christian symbol too

swastikas have different meanings other than what is depicted from the 30's and 40's. I have a tattoo of one on my back but it has a completely different meaning than what people often treat it as.

As for the 3 crosses having a meaning to religion or the band... who gives a fuck.

dawg

safe to say they can't pull it off live and should stop doing it  :-X