Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Various Projects of Mike Patton

Started by theis, Mar 30, 2010, 09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slacker

Quote from: Crazylegs on Dec 07, 2010, 02:52 PM
Looks like the guy on the left didn't get the memo about the clothing situation.

mmm maybe sometime soon we'll get some hq res. the show was filmed but it didnt seemed to be too professional, it looked like your average live show set up...hopefully we'll get some pro stuff, the rumor said that it was going to be the live dvd...we'll see.

yeah mike always wears his black.

this was round two in 09:

theis

poofing acid

So while on umphrey's tour, I was driving around with my friends little sister.  I told her we were gonna listen to all mike patton related music.  She didn't know who he was or who faith no more was so I played epic.  She knew that so then I put on mondo cane.  Personally, I love this album.  She thought it was amazing.  I lolled.  Then came tomahawk.  She thought it was alright.  I asked her if the beat could win a grammy.  She didn't think so but Mr Patton set her straight.  We get to the show about 1.5 hours away and get pretty drunk. Driving back I told her to climb in the back and get the fantomas cd.  I threw that sucker it and cranked it to 11.  To my surprise she thought it was awesome.  Go figure.  Moral of the story: don't drink and drive.

Slacker

Quote from: poofing acid on Feb 23, 2011, 12:42 AM
So while on umphrey's tour, I was driving around with my friends little sister.  I told her we were gonna listen to all mike patton related music.  She didn't know who he was or who faith no more was so I played epic.  She knew that so then I put on mondo cane.  Personally, I love this album.  She thought it was amazing.  I lolled.  Then came tomahawk.  She thought it was alright.  I asked her if the beat could win a grammy.  She didn't think so but Mr Patton set her straight.  We get to the show about 1.5 hours away and get pretty drunk. Driving back I told her to climb in the back and get the fantomas cd.  I threw that sucker it and cranked it to 11.  To my surprise she thought it was awesome.  Go figure.  Moral of the story: don't drink and drive.

awesome

theis

"I was driving around with my friends little sister"

There's something wrong here. Haha.

poofing acid

Yup, I got his little sister drunk! 

poofing acid

In case no one saw, live fantomas album is getting released soon according to Mr. Patton.

poofing acid

the deft ones

Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 13, 2011, 03:18 AM
I meant the rerelease.

Oh woops... sorry dude...
Got a little bit over-excited that I would be able to provide some useful information on this board for once, rather than take take take...
:D

Looks cool though...

bIondie

i'm so glad mike patton is still making music. it makes all other music, including the truly shitty music, sound amazing.

theis

Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 13, 2011, 02:12 AM
In case no one saw, live fantomas album is getting released soon according to Mr. Patton.

Yeah, saw that yesterday. Can't wait to hear it.

theis

QuoteFANTÔMAS DVD AND LIVE ALBUM, THE DIRECTOR'S CUT LIVE: A NEW YEAR'S REVOLUTION,
SET FOR SEPT. 6 RELEASE

SAN FRANCISCO, JULY 21 – Fantômas, the eclectic supergroup featuring Mike Patton (Faith No More, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom), Buzz Osborne (Melvins), Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, MadLove) and Melvins' drummer Dale Crover filling in for Dave Lombardo (Slayer), release The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution on DVD and as a standalone audio download on Sept. 6 via Ipecac Recordings.

Filmed at San Francisco's Great American Music Hall, the DVD features audio commentary by comedian Neil Hamburger.

Fantômas released the studio version of The Director's Cut in July of 2001.  The album tackles a collection of beloved and eerie film compositions including Nino Rota's "The Godfather," Bernard Herrmann's "Cape Fear" and Jerry Goldsmith's "The Omen (Ave Satani)."  Upon its release, Pitchfork said the release was "as cinematic as its source material" and NME called it "gleeful butchering."

Two songs featured on The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution were not in the original release of The Director's Cut: Al Green's "Simply Beautiful" and Marc Bolan & T. Rex's "Chariot Choogle."

The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution track listing:

1. The Godfather
2. Night of the Hunter
3. Cape Fear
4. Experiment in Terror
5. One Step Beyond
6. Rosemary's Baby
7. The Devil Rides Out
8. Spider Baby
9. The Omen (Ave Satani)
10. Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
11. Vendetta
12. Investigation Of A Citizen Above Suspicion
13. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
14. Der Golem
15. Charade
16. Intermission
17. Simply Beautiful
18. Chariot Choogle

MUST. HAVE.

poofing acid

Quote from: theis on Jul 28, 2011, 07:17 PM
QuoteFANTÔMAS DVD AND LIVE ALBUM, THE DIRECTOR'S CUT LIVE: A NEW YEAR'S REVOLUTION,
SET FOR SEPT. 6 RELEASE

SAN FRANCISCO, JULY 21 – Fantômas, the eclectic supergroup featuring Mike Patton (Faith No More, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom), Buzz Osborne (Melvins), Trevor Dunn (Mr. Bungle, MadLove) and Melvins' drummer Dale Crover filling in for Dave Lombardo (Slayer), release The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution on DVD and as a standalone audio download on Sept. 6 via Ipecac Recordings.

Filmed at San Francisco's Great American Music Hall, the DVD features audio commentary by comedian Neil Hamburger.

Fantômas released the studio version of The Director's Cut in July of 2001.  The album tackles a collection of beloved and eerie film compositions including Nino Rota's "The Godfather," Bernard Herrmann's "Cape Fear" and Jerry Goldsmith's "The Omen (Ave Satani)."  Upon its release, Pitchfork said the release was "as cinematic as its source material" and NME called it "gleeful butchering."

Two songs featured on The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution were not in the original release of The Director's Cut: Al Green's "Simply Beautiful" and Marc Bolan & T. Rex's "Chariot Choogle."

The Director's Cut Live: A New Year's Revolution track listing:

1. The Godfather
2. Night of the Hunter
3. Cape Fear
4. Experiment in Terror
5. One Step Beyond
6. Rosemary's Baby
7. The Devil Rides Out
8. Spider Baby
9. The Omen (Ave Satani)
10. Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
11. Vendetta
12. Investigation Of A Citizen Above Suspicion
13. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
14. Der Golem
15. Charade
16. Intermission
17. Simply Beautiful
18. Chariot Choogle

MUST. HAVE.

Agreed.

poofing acid

I just watched a bunch of videos from when I saw Mr Bungle in Asbury Park.  I can't believe it was over 10 years ago.  Fuck, I miss bungle.

Jacob

according to MP's Facebook, there's a new Tomahawk album on the horizon.

nice.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

sing blue silver

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 04, 2011, 10:38 PM
according to MP's Facebook, there's a new Tomahawk album on the horizon.

nice.

fuckin' eh!