Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

How To Destroy Angels

Started by White Wrist, Apr 28, 2010, 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

Yeah the hate for this is ridiculous.  Its like everyone MUST have it sound like NIN exactly or it's the worst.  Right? Let him do what he wants to do.

the deft ones

Quote from: defskull on May 17, 2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah the hate for this is ridiculous.  Its like everyone MUST have it sound like NIN exactly or it's the worst.  Right? Let him do what he wants to do.

Exactly.
Let's be honest - The Slip was SHIT, Ghosts was boring, Year Zero grew old very quickly, as did With Teeth to an extent.
Anyone see a pattern emerging?
Leave NIN alone before the brand is diminished altogether, and shake it up with something new.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: the deft ones on May 17, 2010, 11:39 PM

Exactly.
Let's be honest - The Slip was SHIT, Ghosts was boring, Year Zero grew old very quickly, as did With Teeth to an extent.
Leave NIN alone before the brand is diminished altogether, and shake it up with something new.

Oh yeah for your it has to be strictly Broken material otherwise something like Ghosts is boring.
LMAO

the deft ones

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on May 17, 2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah the hate for this is ridiculous.  Its like everyone MUST have it sound like NIN exactly or it's the worst.  Right? Let him do what he wants to do.

Exactly.

Oh yeah for your it has to be strictly Broken material otherwise something like Ghosts is boring.
LMAO

LMAO that you use the term "LMAO" mate.
The Downward Spiral came out 11 years ago - how old were you then, 4?

E-Money

Im not a diehard NIN fan but I have enjoyed all the music they have made.  IMO this Angels shit is lacking creativity.  The Slip was kind of the same way, but definitely blows this new stuff out of the water.   

devilinside

Jesus fucking christ ya'll....let the people that don't like it not like it,and the people that do like it like it. Why the fuck does it matter who likes what? I'm a long time NIN lover,I don't like the SOUND of this,so fucking what?!? I'm not forcing a damn one of you to see it my way,I could care less if anyone agrees with me. I'm aware it's not NIN,I do not like the sound of her voice,I will not support his leach of a wife JUST BECAUSE she's T-Rez's wife.. Simple as that.

Sushi-X

^ that last part. The way You say its like really toxic.  she's only using him to advance her career.  I don't see it that way. You wanna talk about a leach. Speak ill about courtney love. Prime fuckin example. 

Rocket Skates '94

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: the deft ones on May 17, 2010, 11:56 PM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on May 17, 2010, 11:44 PM

Exactly.

LMAO

LMAO that you use the term "LMAO" mate.
The Downward Spiral came out 11 years ago - how old were you then, 4?

Are you from the census of assholes? (Looks that way)
By the time TDS came out I was probably listening to other bands like tool and sepultura while you kept on jerking off to the Victoria Secret's catalog you stupid fuck.
Go listen to your Nas, that is so gangsta !!!!!!
Stupid motherfucker

the deft ones

^ LMAO mate - looks like I hit a nerve

Subliminal

Tell me about it! :)

Exactly.

The Slip is my least favourite, Ghosts I still haven't got round to appreciating yet and Year Zero, I love it man, same with With Teeth.

But I don't see a pattern emerging, I just see a musician/songwriter/frontman who's gotten sober and started writing for fun, rather than to exorcize his demons. The Downward Spiral and The Fragile are two of the best albums ever put to cd (in the mainstream at least!)

But look at the mess Trent was in, he was killing himself. I as a fan for one is glad he's sober, happy and continuing to do music for fun, even if it's with his wife.

I just don't understand the pure hatred for this project.

Sushi-X

I remember hearing the same after with teeth had been released. That he only knew how to create great albums when he was on drugs. Personally with teeth is a good album. It has a few misses but still solid.

Rocket Skates '94

devilinside

I prefer Trent on drugs.

Subliminal

Quote from: MxKnife on May 19, 2010, 07:42 PM
I remember hearing the same after with teeth had been released. That he only knew how to create great albums when he was on drugs. Personally with teeth is a good album. It has a few misses but still solid.

It explains why Deftones stuff is always amazing, cause Stef be on the weed and opening his mind to higher levels of conciousness! :D

Sushi-X

Yeah but that's weed. Weed isn't as fuckin harmful as cocaine or heroin as it was supposedly said of trent before.

Rocket Skates '94

E-Money

Quote from: devilinside on May 19, 2010, 10:13 PM
I prefer Trent on drugs.

lol sad but true.  With Teeth was the first album he was sober for correct??

the deft ones

Quote from: stapezee on May 20, 2010, 06:04 AM
I prefer Trent on drugs.

I believe that was the case.
I dug the shit out of With Teeth when it first dropped - it just kinda didn't hold my attention for all that long (can still chuck on DS or The Fragile to this day - with teeth and year zero, not so much).

Like you said, sad but true.

E-Money

Quote from: the deft ones on May 20, 2010, 06:36 AM
Quote from: stapezee on May 20, 2010, 06:04 AM
I prefer Trent on drugs.

I believe that was the case.
I dug the shit out of With Teeth when it first dropped - it just kinda didn't hold my attention for all that long (can still chuck on DS or The Fragile to this day - with teeth and year zero, not so much).

Like you said, sad but true.

yea I really enjoyed With Teeth and Year Zero when they first came out, but they definitely lost their mojo.  Year Zero more than With Teeth.  Right Where It Belongs is one of my favorite NIN songs.  Nothing will ever top the Fragile

devilinside

Yeah...I'm a fraggle girl,but I adore PHM too. (I got the SIN tattoo on my back) I prefer darker lyrics as opposed to poppy happy Only) ones. If I wanted that I would listen to REM. *snarf* I can't pick a fave from the fraggle,but The Fragile is such an amazing song. <3   And I only got into Year Zero after seeing it live.

Oldnewtype

NIN is like Tool for me, I listened to that shit so much growing up its rare for me to ever put in a NIN cd these days, I've overplayed them all.

BTW I'm on the this-shit-is-totally-boring side of the conversation, but I've only heard one of these new songs. It was still better than The Slip(itupyourass) though

oddly enough, after saying that I kinda wanna hear PHM now...

Slacker