Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

How To Destroy Angels

Started by White Wrist, Apr 28, 2010, 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wrist

defskull

I can see how people dont/wont like this EP but I'm actually really digging it.

Sushi-X

Quote from: defskull on Jun 02, 2010, 05:35 AM
I can see how people dont/wont like this EP but I'm actually really digging it.

+1

same here, it's not innovated in any way but at the same time it's good that he's trying something else. I kinda wish he would stop working with Aticuss and bring back C. Vrenna or D. Lohner.

Rocket Skates '94

emotivelotion

I dunno if they're making fun of themselves at being the hated couple but look at these ones

devilinside

Quote from: MxKnife on Jun 02, 2010, 04:23 PM
I kinda wish he would stop working with Aticuss and bring back C. Vrenna or D. Lohner.

Wishful thinking. Chris,Charlie and Danny are way too cool for T-rez.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Pretty interesting covers indeed.
Also I read the album is boring, well what can you expect from someone that wasnt successful as Trent?
Im probably going to be hated for saying this but she is just using Trent to boost up her lousy career.
I wont say more and I will listen to Ripe (With Decay) perfect ending song for an amazing album and I hope to listen to it again when this lousy project ends.

Sushi-X

Your not the first one to say it. And quite a bunch of ppl like it. Like it so much. That Trent and Co are making a full lenght debut for next year.

Rocket Skates '94

devilinside

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jun 04, 2010, 11:27 PM
Pretty interesting covers indeed.
Also I read the album is boring, well what can you expect from someone that wasnt successful as Trent?
Im probably going to be hated for saying this but she is just using Trent to boost up her lousy career.
I wont say more and I will listen to Ripe (With Decay) perfect ending song for an amazing album and I hope to listen to it again when this lousy project ends.

Quote from: devilinside on May 04, 2010, 08:17 PM
Meh... like I told Andre,sounds too Tori Amos like. And T-Rez's wife is the Yoko of NIN. I knew that twat had a reason for going after him. 

isopure

Quote from: stapezee on May 20, 2010, 06:04 AM
  With Teeth was the first album he was sober for correct??
Fragile was.  That was the album that took him forever to release dealing with sobriety after TDS. 

HTDA = Blows IMO.  Simple drum machine over NIN style sound, with a vocalist who cannot "bring it".  I thought it was cool for a few listens but nothing that would go on rotation like an older NIN record.

Whoever said he needs to get the old crew back and drop Atticus Ross, was spot on.

devilinside

He was sober for a bit of the album,but the fragility tour was when he od'd on heroin. With Teeth was the album that really declared his sobriety. He had been sober a while when making that album...not soo much for The Fragile. He was also battling depression with his grandmothers death on that album. As a whole he wasn't there.

The Chauffer

Can't wait 'till the new album drops. Hopefully this year!

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: The Chauffer on Sep 10, 2012, 11:25 PM
Can't wait 'till the new album drops. Hopefully this year!

I hope no :D Im awaiting to read headlines saying "New NIN Song on the game Black Ops 2" I dont care a lot about the shitty game but yes for the music.I hope the fans give Trent a good reception on the new song and that makes Trent come back with NIN and new music ^_^

beaverwithfishyshoes

He is working on NIN now apparantly.

Livewire

New EP is titled "An Omen" and will be released November 13.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

For fuck's sake no (sighs) He has a gun on his head making this stupid project,Im telling you.
I hope he is working on some NIN

Livewire

I thought it was a bit strange too that they've signed with a major label, Columbia.

snaapz

The band (Trent Reznor/Mariqueen & Artticus Ross) has released a single for free, it's on YouTube! The EP will be released November 13th - "An omen EP_"

This single reminds me of portished. You need headphones to really feell this song. It's kinda errie.

How to destroy angels_ Keep it together_ [official]

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: snaapz on Oct 24, 2012, 06:38 PM
The band (Trent Reznor/Mariqueen & Artticus Ross) has released a single for free, it's on YouTube! The EP will be released November 13th - "An omen EP_"

This single reminds me of portished. You need headphones to really feell this song. It's kinda errie.

How to destroy angels_ Keep it together_ [official]

Its boring as shit.It builds up but doesnt go anywhere.Like I stated before I hope that background music I heard on that shitty Black Ops 2 game is NIN.

DJR

Im an avid NIN fan....Fragile is one of the most beautiful things ever created! However, i just can't dig How To Destroy Angels. I mean i can happily listen to it and think meh it's ok, but i dont really get anything out of them :/

rxjustine

If anyone's interested, you can stream their new EP An Omen. I liked the first release but boy does this one suck. Hard. Just my opinion.