Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

beansandcornbread

Vesanic

I've got way more from his shoot, will upload them somewhen.

ponyx

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2007/11/interview_chino_moreno_team_sl.php

Sweet interview of chino moreno back in 07...he talks about how he noticed his voice has changed from the first record and his self conciousness.

Vesanic

Quote from: ponyx on Nov 20, 2010, 04:49 AM
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2007/11/interview_chino_moreno_team_sl.php

Sweet interview of chino moreno back in 07...he talks about how he noticed his voice has changed from the first record and his self conciousness.

Some artists are terrified of their voice changing, and having to adapt as you get older. You don't fear that?

Well, I mean, I've kinda already dealt with that. Like realizing that there's stuff I cant do from our first record -- there's these really high, like, Perry Farrell-esque high-note things I used to do and I can't do that anymore. These days, I can do like another version of it, it's like a scream version of it, but it's not as clear and as pristine as it used to be, and I dunno if that's just from me getting older or from me abusing my vocal chords all these years screaming or whatever. But, you know, I kinda had to realize, like, wow, I can't do that anymore.

What was that like to feel that way, did it bum you out?

At first I kinda felt like, I was scared, I kinda felt like claustrophobic or something, like, wow, I can't...I was just trying and trying and trying to make this sound come out and it doesn't come out and it's scary -- at first you kinda panic about it and then it's like, whatever, that's not the only note that I'm known by, you know what I mean? It's just one note and I can still hit the note, it's just not as pristine as it used to be.

Thanks a lot for this, dude.

theis

Starz

I really like that Hum album. I always thought the beginning of 'Little Dipper' sounds like Knife Party. You can definitely tell that album influenced Deftones...

Hidalgo

i've never heard any of those albums. i'm suprised disintegration isn't in there

from_musings

Quote from: Hidalgo on Nov 24, 2010, 01:43 AM
i'm suprised disintegration isn't in there

yup. also, he has talked about how siamese dream changed his life. it makes you wonder- with that kind of description, it should've been there?

but of course he can namedrop any cd he wants  :) it's just weird,none of the bands records he has been talking about for 20 years was there... cure, smashing pumpkins, weezer, radiohead , depeche mode and so on.

maybe he is tired of babbling about the same shit over and over and wants to deliver a surprise or two.

nineteen

Quote from: Starz on Nov 23, 2010, 11:54 PM
I really like that Hum album. I always thought the beginning of 'Little Dipper' sounds like Knife Party. You can definitely tell that album influenced Deftones...

Same here - didn't know about them but it sounds great.... kinda 'Failure' sounding.

bright lights, big city

i love how there's no metal on his list. props for the Sade and Spain. wasn't expecting those.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: from_musings on Nov 24, 2010, 10:31 AM

yup. also, he has talked about how siamese dream changed his life. it makes you wonder- with that kind of description, it should've been there?

but of course he can namedrop any cd he wants  :) it's just weird,none of the bands records he has been talking about for 20 years was there... cure, smashing pumpkins, weezer, radiohead , depeche mode and so on.

maybe he is tired of babbling about the same shit over and over and wants to deliver a surprise or two.

I think it has to do with chino's taste being more expansive. The fact that he is as excited for discovering music as when he was a kid is a good sympton. Even, he admitted some of the essentials were left out, i think he wanted us the listeners to discover new music as when he uploaded the mixtapes (could anyone upload 'em or tell me their tracklists? I only have number 9 and is amazing.)
Reading him appreciatte all those albums the way he does makes me want to hear music (and then write some)

from_musings

yes it feels as if he recommends a few underground records,in lack of better terms, in the same way as the mixtapes instead of naming the best albums in the world for him. He's going for the "wasn't expecting this at all" reaction and doing the "hey, ever heard this??" insted of doing what is supposed to be done in this little task. the original idea is lost.  but it's not the end of the world  :)

Shadow46/2

I think there was a thread awhile back that had all those mixtapes and/or the albums that feature said tracks. Check the board history... unless someone will kindly suply a link.  :P

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Sushi-X

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Nov 25, 2010, 01:01 AM

but of course he can namedrop any cd he wants  :) it's just weird,none of the bands records he has been talking about for 20 years was there... cure, smashing pumpkins, weezer, radiohead , depeche mode and so on.

I think it has to do with chino's taste being more expansive. The fact that he is as excited for discovering music as when he was a kid is a good sympton. Even, he admitted some of the essentials were left out, i think he wanted us the listeners to discover new music as when he uploaded the mixtapes (could anyone upload 'em or tell me their tracklists? I only have number 9 and is amazing.)
Reading him appreciatte all those albums the way he does makes me want to hear music (and then write some)

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,13825.60.html

you meant this one. Seems like the links are dead, I'll try and see which ones I have and I'll upload them for ya if you like.

EDIT: I have the majority of them except for mixtapes 8&9.

Rocket Skates '94

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Sushi-X on Nov 26, 2010, 03:30 AM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Nov 25, 2010, 01:01 AM

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,13825.60.html

you meant this one. Seems like the links are dead, I'll try and see which ones I have and I'll upload them for ya if you like.

EDIT: I have the majority of them except for mixtapes 8&9.

wow, thank you. I have No9, I'll upload it to complete the collection

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com