Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 07, 2011, 08:16 AM
chino often like to shock to when it comes to namedropping but im not reacting anymore. he's been like that throughout the years. bash peers/certain metal bands and praise popstuff. no matter how corny. he thought justin timberlake was awesome too :)

I think he just dislikes pretense. Justin Beiber isn't trying to break ground with his music, but he's not pretending to either at least. I kind of agree with Chino here--a lot of metal bands take themselves seriously while making some seriously silly, teen-angst-y music; it's pretty embarrassing, and it often makes me feel squeamish. Justin Beiber is just in it to have fun and make little girls giggle, and that's what he's doing--unpretentious and simple. Grown men who hate on Beiber just because he's a successful kid are insecure in my opinion, just let the little guy do what he's doing, lol. If I could have made that kind of money when I was a kid, I would have in a heartbeat, and so would any other sane human being, haha.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Hidalgo

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 07, 2011, 08:16 AM
chino often like to shock when it comes to namedropping but im not reacting anymore. he's been like that throughout the years. bash peers/certain metal bands and praise popstuff. no matter how corny. he thought justin timberlake was awesome too :)
they jamed out bringing sexy back when i hung out with them, so he was serious lol

from_musings

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Feb 07, 2011, 08:42 AM

you're right. and personally i have nothing against timberlake or bieber, i get more annoyed by hearing say, nickelback.
and chino can listen to beiber how much he wants as long as he doesn't invite him to be on a deftones record as a guest singer or whatever

Quote from: Hidalgo on Feb 07, 2011, 09:46 AM
]they jamed out bringing sexy back when i hung out with them, so he was serious lol

yeah chino even sang "im bringing sexy back all u m-uckas dont know how to act" in the calm part of the song around the fur live once. it was pretty neat ^^

Rxx

I knew he liked pop... but I thought he had a better taste than this.. poop bieber.

from_musings

Quote from: Rxx on Feb 07, 2011, 12:07 PM
I knew he liked pop... but I thought he had a better taste than this.. poop bieber.

maybe being a snob about music is something that you grow out of with time

Crazylegs

Jesus2Chino

Idiot Abroad--love it Crazylegs, haha.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

pony_01

deftones has arrived in jakarta!! http://plixi.com/p/75492407 cant wait for tomorrow!!

Hidalgo

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 07, 2011, 02:19 PM
Quote from: Rxx on Feb 07, 2011, 12:07 PM

maybe being a snob about music is something that you grow out of with time
i still haven't grown out of it. i still pitch fits like mike patton did about wolfmother when shit music comes on. that's why i thought it was hilarious first time i saw it, cause he was being a baby about it like i've been the past 11 years or more. it would be nice to grow out of it but i think dogshit like nickelback that outsells all other great bands for 7 years and counting will always really annoy me badly. 7 straight years nickelback has murdered other rock bands sales. that is one seriously twisted ass sick joke. twilight zone times a trillion

actually i been whing about crap music since ace of base had those 2 hit singles in 95 or 96, i'm sure i whined a bit before then though. also that "i'm not sick but i'm not wellllllllllll" song had me pitchin little fits, and "sleepin with my clothes on! came in through the window!!!!!!", and blink182 etc. yea started in 96 ish with serious patton whining. mostly before that i'd just not let it bother me too much if i though something sucked  . nickelback definitely puts me over the edge the worst

Rxx

There is nothing wrong about being a snob about music, I like music with substance... not music that smells like fast food.

976-EVIL

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Jesus2Chino

Eh, snobery should only be taken to a certain level though. It's not any single artist that we listen to that paints a picture of who we are, it's the amalgamation of all of our music. I'm a foodie, but I still enjoy a Chalupa from time to time; you shouldn't judge people at all really, but especially not based on indulgences--why make someone feel stupid for having a little fun with something shallow?

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

bodywars9000

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 07, 2011, 07:16 AM
When you think that, in 2003, the guy was spitting on Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc, you just know it's not the same guy anymore hahaha.

Justin Bieber>Korn and Limp Bizkit

sing blue silver

meh. i don't find anything morally objectionable about bieber. it has no substance and it's essentially harmless sugar pop for kids. there's much worse stuff out there. don't get me wrong, it is rather terrible but i don't see why that kid gets so much hate. i know he's just a manufactured little puppet with the most punchable face on the planet but pre-teen girls like some terrible shit so just let them have it. i don't think chino sits around listening to bieber but he probably doesn't despise the kid either. i just don't listen to it. i can only do what's right for me. no point in making a big stink about it.

Balthazard

seriously i read the comments first then watched the video .. no offence but you guys need to chill , all he said was he doesnt get mad at it when it comes on :P ... like when am driving and it comes on the radio i may or may not  change the channel  but if am in a good mood i can have fun with it too ... doesnt mean am a fan or listen to it everyday ... its just insignificant i guess ...

anyway am saying that ,am saying nothing
peace

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 08, 2011, 01:33 AM
meh. i don't find anything morally objectionable about bieber. it has no substance and it's essentially harmless sugar pop for kids. there's much worse stuff out there. don't get me wrong, it is rather terrible but i don't see why that kid gets so much hate. i know he's just a manufactured little puppet with the most punchable face on the planet but pre-teen girls like some terrible shit so just let them have it. i don't think chino sits around listening to bieber but he probably doesn't despise the kid either. i just don't listen to it. i can only do what's right for me. no point in making a big stink about it.

i like this post. wish i wrote it :)

blixa

Quote from: Balthazard on Feb 08, 2011, 04:45 AM
seriously i read the comments first then watched the video .. no offence but you guys need to chill , all he said was he doesnt get mad at it when it comes on :P ... like when am driving and it comes on the radio i may or may not  change the channel  but if am in a good mood i can have fun with it too ... doesnt mean am a fan or listen to it everyday ... its just insignificant i guess ...

anyway am saying that ,am saying nothing
peace

i was just about to say that. i'm pretty sure i've danced to kesha at a party or something and i don't mind when katy perry comes on. plus i think the interviewer was trying to get them to say something lame about bieber. it would have been a negative thing if they had. they handled it well. hell, chino even made it cool to maybe not like the little bugger.

i will say that i can't stand bieber fans. i can't even abuse them because they're all young impressionable girls.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

He just melted a lot of hearts, didn't he?
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Feb 08, 2011, 04:00 PM
  He just melted a lot of hearts, didn't he?
Chino, that is. Probably influenced most of the opinions here, anyways. I got Bieber Fever now too.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!