Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

only pieces remain

so they still haven't recorded the cover songs yet? That was supposed to be done at the end of last month. :-\

downtownpony

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Sep 24, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
they show the deftones  jamming in a cool environment without a bunch of weird shit going on.
umm they thought the same about Mein lol

Mein wasn't bad except for the breakdancing, which I think constitutes "weird shit going on".

Cropduster

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 24, 2012, 08:49 AM
chino talked a bit patronizing about video suggestions like "in a post apocalyptic world ..." his attitude was a little "man, take that shit elsewhere". fair enough.he didnt like that suggestion.but the suggestions to fly around in space in a space pod and sing and dance on a skyscraper among breakdancers were ok? he was funny in that interview, but i still cannot wrap my head around what they think is silly and not when it comes to videos

Some post apocalyptic bullshit would seem too cheesy for deftones.

Leave shit like that to bands like Metallica.

How many days did it take man to create God?

dictatesofreason

the WPepk was somewhat in the post apocaylptic world, perhaps a dystopian type but still that is the best promo to date

vinsanity

Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

x Rx King x

Quote from: Cropduster on Sep 24, 2012, 06:13 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Sep 24, 2012, 08:49 AM
chino talked a bit patronizing about video suggestions like "in a post apocalyptic world ..." his attitude was a little "man, take that shit elsewhere". fair enough.he didnt like that suggestion.but the suggestions to fly around in space in a space pod and sing and dance on a skyscraper among breakdancers were ok? he was funny in that interview, but i still cannot wrap my head around what they think is silly and not when it comes to videos

Some post apocalyptic bullshit would seem too cheesy for deftones.

Leave shit like that to bands like Metallica.

example: St. Flanger... Jesus...

Gee

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

lungdamage

DeftonesNZ

I knew about him being on Rx Queen never really heard it though

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 26, 2012, 11:06 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 26, 2012, 04:33 AM
Quote from: vinsanity on Sep 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
DEFTONES TALK NEW ALBUM KOI NO YOKAN AND EPICENTER FESTIVAL

scott weiland sang on rx queen?

EDIT: sings in the bridge.

I never knew. Kinda neat.

it says so in the booklet of the physical copy of white pony. that info has always been there. why u no buy,why u no read?

from_musings

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 24, 2012, 06:00 PM
weird shit going on

this must be the weirdest moment in any deftones video

sing blue silver

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 26, 2012, 11:26 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 26, 2012, 11:06 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 26, 2012, 04:33 AM
Quote from: vinsanity on Sep 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
DEFTONES TALK NEW ALBUM KOI NO YOKAN AND EPICENTER FESTIVAL

scott weiland sang on rx queen?

EDIT: sings in the bridge.

I never knew. Kinda neat.

it says so in the booklet of the physical copy of white pony. that info has always been there. why u no buy,why u no read?

I haven't read the white pony booklet since I was like 15 and probably didn't know who Scott Weiland was back then. I'll check one of my 5 copies later.

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
I haven't read the white pony booklet since I was like 15 and probably didn't know who Scott Weiland was back then. I'll check one of my 5 copies later.

five of them - that's awesome. i've only got 1, the red one (and 2 LP's)

Anyway:

Chino: "RX Queen - "The most futuristic sounding song. Abe and I created the drum loop - its a crazy, bionic rhythm. I wrote a seedy guitarline over it, and worked with Scott Weiland (stone temple pilots)on the vocals for for the bridge. he came up with a really cool harmony for me to sing"

http://www.deftonesworld.com/www-deftones-com-may-2000-chino-thoughts/

from_musings

in part II when sergio compares making songs on koi no yokan - to life, the way he did it - was it a little too much/over the top for you guys? like "huh? it's just some guys in a studio putting power chords in an certain order and then a dude sings a melody to it" ...or did it make perfect sense?

DeftonesNZ

He goes a bit over the top compared to the other guys they just say its like friends hanging round making music and jamming where as sergio goes on about the song being organic its good to hes got lots of enthusiasm though probably helps the albums come out faster.