Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

Really?
Fuck you Chino!

Album of the year sounds about right
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 29, 2012, 11:31 PM
Nobody will ever agree because you all have different perceptions of what "selling out" is. I probably won't read any replies to this comment. PEACE!
'

the real problem is that everyone here sees everything in black or white. nothing in between. either you love chino and deftones, and therefore one must love everything they say or do and must defend everything about them (fanboyism). and they seem to think that there's only one alternative to this: that you have to hate chino, deftones, and everything they say or do and.and as long as they only see it from these two options, you can't ever have a sane discussion with a dude like me who's in the grey area.

like for me it's possible to like something but not have to like everything about it/all it does. For example, I can love a dog, but I wouldn't like if it took a shit inside my apartment.I would say that that thing just wasn't ok, but I would still love the dog anyway.
sl and its members with their way of thinking at this board would,if they loved their dog, say that they liked that the dog pooped indoors. or might make up an excuse/lie that the dog wasn't feeling well and therefore HAD to poop indoors. maybe they would remove the shit and then say that the dog never took a shit in the first place. sweet denial. they would never be able face a simple truth and say "yes my dog ​​fucked up, but it's ok, it happens. i love my dog anyway". because making up excuses and defend something you love must be done at all costs at every time given. but all it will result is stupidity and idiocy

DeftonesNZ

Fair enough its all just opinions, haha we just need some new Deftones to relax us

from_musings

"Honestly, I feel that some of these songs are more commercial than anything we've ever written"

:(

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 31, 2012, 09:40 AM
"Honestly, I feel that some of these songs are more commercial than anything we've ever written"

I'm worried about that too but Chino does sometimes have different meanings to words when he's talking about music,we'll just have to wait and see but going by the songs we've heard to me it sounds less commercial than DE

gui

Personally i think the most commercial songs they have ever written are on white pony, with songs like Digital bath, Knife Party and Change. And those 3 are my easily in my top 5 ever.  I'm not stress about that comment.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: gui on Oct 31, 2012, 10:20 AM

Personally i think the most commercial songs they have ever written are on white pony, with songs like Digital bath, Knife Party and Change. And those 3 are my easily in my top 5 ever.  I'm not stress about that comment.
The song structure is more conventional but not the lyrics they even had to change the lyrics in the book so they didn't get censored.either way a Deftones commercial song still aren't really commercial lol

bewareofrats

Well it depends on what your definition of commercial is.  It could end up that it doesn't sound commercial to a lot of people and I'm sure some people it will.  Whatever the case I'm sure it won't sound more commercial than DE.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

from_musings

Quote from: gui on Oct 31, 2012, 10:20 AM

those songs are soft, easy listening, melodic and radio friendly, so i can see how someone would call them commercial in a way.especially if you compare them to most songs on the records before wp. not a huge fan of those but they still have some sort of weird underground mysterious vibe to them, so prefer them over the choruses in songs like diamond eyes and leathers, there it feels like they're trying really hard to make a melody/hook that will capture a new audience. like it's not from their hearts, just manufactured parts made for a wider audience.i don't hate soft,but i hate obvious atempts for catchy choruses that sound cheesy. we'll see

DeftonesNZ

Yeah i would say diamond eyes songs were predictable

Gee

Quote from: chuckles on Oct 31, 2012, 12:46 AM
Quote from: T.B.B.I.T.W. on Oct 31, 2012, 12:28 AM
http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/features/303437-deftones_frontman_chino_moreno_talks_survival_koi_no_yokan

Nice

Yeah brilliant article, really nicely written.

I liked what he said about Stef getting into the lyrics for a change.

Saturday Night Wrist took three years to make and it's not like it was that great for taking three years

Lol, Amen. The guy is pretty aware of the work he's pulling off and that's a quality.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

kckondor

Quote from: from_musings on Oct 30, 2012, 12:53 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 29, 2012, 11:31 PM
Nobody will ever agree because you all have different perceptions of what "selling out" is. I probably won't read any replies to this comment. PEACE!
'

the real problem is that everyone here sees everything in black or white. nothing in between. either you love chino and deftones, and therefore one must love everything they say or do and must defend everything about them (fanboyism). and they seem to think that there's only one alternative to this: that you have to hate chino, deftones, and everything they say or do and.and as long as they only see it from these two options, you can't ever have a sane discussion with a dude like me who's in the grey area.

like for me it's possible to like something but not have to like everything about it/all it does. For example, I can love a dog, but I wouldn't like if it took a shit inside my apartment.I would say that that thing just wasn't ok, but I would still love the dog anyway.
sl and its members with their way of thinking at this board would,if they loved their dog, say that they liked that the dog pooped indoors. or might make up an excuse/lie that the dog wasn't feeling well and therefore HAD to poop indoors. maybe they would remove the shit and then say that the dog never took a shit in the first place. sweet denial. they would never be able face a simple truth and say "yes my dog ​​fucked up, but it's ok, it happens. i love my dog anyway". because making up excuses and defend something you love must be done at all costs at every time given. but all it will result is stupidity and idiocy

I would consider myself part of the grey area you speak of, but I think the difference, for me at least, is that I will spend infinitely more time/thoughts on the things I do like than the things I don't.

Your analogy is too exaggerated in my opinion.  Just because I may not like some deftones song, or some guest spot Chino does, doesn't mean that I would say they "fucked up".  You either like it or you don't.  What's the point in attempting to pick apart the motivations of dudes we don't even know? 

stuka

face teh load.

gui

rock_n_frost

Quote from: stuka on Oct 31, 2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.frontarmy.com/news/holy-shitsticks-batman-its-the-new-issue-of-front-magazine/

There's an interview in the new issue of FR0NT. As always. But I do not have the mag.

All i see here is BOOBS!
Jacob is right. Im such a pervert! Damnit
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

ignore the fashion

Quote from: slyartwork on Oct 27, 2012, 05:34 AM
Pff why don't interviewers STOP asking about Eros and Chi. We know what's up right now.

I wish they would do the same.

Shadow46/2

New review from Alternative Press. 3.5 out of 5.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.