Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best song on (Like) Linus?

Started by Corleone, Jun 11, 2010, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest2012

Thanks for that, I thought it might have been released in some capacity.
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

Cropduster

Love Gift and Answers...

The old stuff is really uplifting in places, not the 'dark' deftones we know...
How many days did it take man to create God?

dictatesofreason

yeah i really wish theyd redo linus, hell id rather have that than EROS, which is pretty astounding t now that i think about it

ZackND

Where did the song "Do They Know it's Christmas" come from? Is that even considered a Deftones song?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: ZackND on Oct 12, 2012, 10:15 AM
Where did the song "Do They Know it's Christmas" come from? Is that even considered a Deftones song?
It was like the live aid sort of thing but i think this one had more rock/metal people,no i wouldn't as it's only Chino,he sounds fucked up sings real deep

ltdef

It's Deftones and Far, thats what I know.

I would like to know, when this was recorded. Also, was it released on a physical copy sometime or is it internet-only?

sooniletugo

I'm sure there were physical copies of (Like) Linus, doubt anyone here owns one though.

For me it's gotta be the title track. Gift is an amazing song too.

bewareofrats

I like the way it sounds to start off but the songs start to sound the same fast.

From what I recall, I think Some People was the best.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

tarkil

Quote from: sooniletugo on Oct 19, 2012, 01:00 AM
I'm sure there were physical copies of (Like) Linus

Nope, it's certain that this is a fan made compilation of demo tapes.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

ltdef

@tarkil: Yeah, I agree with that!

I was actually talking about the track "Do they know it's christmas" from Far. Was that released on a physical copy? A Far album or some compilation? I'm not that familiar with that band :)

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: ltdef on Oct 19, 2012, 04:49 PM
@tarkil: Yeah, I agree with that!

I was actually talking about the track "Do they know it's christmas" from Far. Was that released on a physical copy? A Far album or some compilation? I'm not that familiar with that band :)
It was on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Santa_Cause:_It%27s_a_Punk_Rock_Christmas

gwenudo

I chose teething .. badass song! But my next answer wouldve been answers .. its all chill and rasta then all of a sudden... raaaajsjsjwbsidnbwufjdn!!!! Love it!
Was it like it seemed?...

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 25, 2012, 02:28 PM
I chose teething .. badass song! But my next answer wouldve been answers .. its all chill and rasta then all of a sudden... raaaajsjsjwbsidnbwufjdn!!!! Love it!
Yea i went for venison but answers is close second,alot of love for gift that song always reminded me of lion king lol

Dath

I've always been partial to Answers. Reggae/rock fusion in general, the elusive Deftones guitar solo, the way the verse goes into that chorus...it's great. Like Linus comes close though.