Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best song on (Like) Linus?

Started by Corleone, Jun 11, 2010, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Oh shit, deftoolsys07 is high. Again.

Penicks

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Aug 29, 2010, 03:21 PM
can i get a copy of the "deftones" ??? i'm no that  understand you english this..  i just need a copy of the deftones cd on the computer that link please?!?!? hhhhellllllppppppppppp!!!!

sing blue silver

"i'm no that understand you english this"

quote of the fucking year.

pony_01

God Hand's is not on Like Linus album? or its just a Adrenaline demo?

Oldnewtype

just an old demo.

I voted Answers but glad to see Gift in 2nd, both songs are amazing.

deftoolsys07

hahahaha @vesanic i'm normally just drunk off my ass when i post here, don't smoke too much anymore... believe it or not i was neither when i posted that, just tryin' to be funny haha..
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Vesanic

Let's say it was funny in its own way.

Vesanic

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 23, 2010, 09:39 PM
There are two live performances of (Like) Linus out of the Adrenaline years. One is from 2003, the other from 2006.

Here's the one from 2006 I just re-uploaded with good quality. DVD-ripped:

Deftones - (like) linus live @ Taste of Chaos, Lincoln, March 22nd 2006

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 26, 2010, 02:51 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 23, 2010, 09:39 PM
There are two live performances of (Like) Linus out of the Adrenaline years. One is from 2003, the other from 2006.

Here's the one from 2006 I just re-uploaded with good quality. DVD-ripped:

Deftones - (like) linus live @ Taste of Chaos, Lincoln, March 22nd 2006

Im gonna take a wild guess and say this is version B of Like linus only because it was heavier
Code: [Select]

from_musings

Quote from: pony_01 on Aug 29, 2010, 10:33 PM
God Hand's is not on Like Linus album? or its just a Adrenaline demo?

no.i know the god's hand version we have sound a lot like adrenaline, but it was actually recorded in 1972.there's tons of stuff that sound like adrenaline in mid 70ies.
in the early 90ties, they decided to take a break from the usual mature deftones sound and write more childish goofy songs like the linus stuff. it wasn't until 1995 they decided to sound like the normal god's hand style again and actually write a whole record sounding like the old tones.
you might not know this, but deftones don't evolve and experience new grounds, they love to go back like that,repeating themselves, so expect them to go back to the linus sound again.maybe to next record

pinkmaggit

x Rx King x

I'm torn between Some People, Christmas, and (Like) Linus, but I have to go with Some People. That intro just kicks ass...

ZackND

venison is my favorite, christmas is a close second.   wasnt hopburg hop and bumble d from this era as well?

laurapalmer

dictatesofreason

gift and linus hmm coincedence they are my faves i think not  answers is good too

Knucklestones

Quote from: ZackND on Sep 25, 2012, 07:58 PM
venison is my favorite, christmas is a close second.   wasnt hopburg hop and bumble d from this era as well?
Hopburg Hop is from around when Quirk/ Gods Hands were recorded. Bumble D is from the Around The Fur era.

ZackND

guts311

GIFT DUH...it's so FUCKING uplifting and shit. It's crazy!!

Makes me want to swim with Jamaicans in the ocean and shit.

Tempest2012

Where can I buy a copy of this?
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

tarkil

You can't young man, it's not an official cd, but a bootleg compiled by fans

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.