Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best song on (Like) Linus?

Started by Corleone, Jun 11, 2010, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

deftfan

godin

Chino sounds so different most of the time but there is hints of his signature style here and there. his voice sounds almost more powerful
Dingus.

snw9

Has anyone ever asked chino or some of the band members if they plan to re-record some of these songs?
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Quote from: juvenile on Jun 14, 2010, 01:12 AM
Has anyone ever asked chino or some of the band members if they plan to re-record some of these songs?

Never heard that someone did... But I swear to god I will if I see them face to face at the Brussel gig.

bitterpeace

i asked chino years ago in '03, he laughed and said there was a 0% chance.  haven't they played a song or two from like linus in the last few years? i don't know why but i feel like they have

Vesanic

There are two live performances of (Like) Linus out of the Adrenaline years. One is from 2003, the other from 2006.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 23, 2010, 09:39 PM
There are two live performances of (Like) Linus out of the Adrenaline years. One is from 2003, the other from 2006.

i can't find the 2003 one..any info on it?

Vesanic

Yeah, it's a poor quality audio recording.

snw9

i just thought about something. i think they can raise a lot of money for chi is they re-master and release these songs, at least ppl will be more inclined to pay for deftones material that is valuable and knowing its goin to a good cause, aka CHI

ltdef

like linus itself of course

deftoner664

I've read an article a few years back, I think it was with steph? and he said that those songs are just way too old to play. So i doubt we'd ever be fortunate enough to hear all that old school shit live. But my favorite is answers... love that hint of a reggae vibe they put into that song... Imagine what the deftones would sound like if they continued to go down that route. lol
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: juvenile on Aug 24, 2010, 12:54 AM
i just thought about something. i think they can raise a lot of money for chi is they re-master and release these songs, at least ppl will be more inclined to pay for deftones material that is valuable and knowing its goin to a good cause, aka CHI

I agree with your perspective. What we need is a super duper deluxe edition of adrenaline, a box set

disc1: Original record (no remastering, please. it's ok as it is)
disc2: Some demos of the songs that got into the album and a few live tracks and remixes and such)
disc3: The Like Linus songs in definitive quality (for once and for all, and never again)
disc4: A dvd with footage from the recording of adrenaline and the band origins and maybe a show.

It's a shame the 'tones spend no time looking back... And despite I admire them for staying fresh, I think you sometimes need to go back and honour your past where deserved.

se7ennn

how do you guys not like Some People is beyond me.

pinkmaggit69

Can't believe I'm the only person who's voted for Christmas.  That song is sick!  Listen to it!

Drinks won't stain this birth!

sing blue silver

it was really up in the air between christmas and like linus for me but like linus has been a long time favorite deftones song.

Vesanic

Quote from: deftoner664 on Aug 26, 2010, 04:10 AM
I've read an article a few years back, I think it was with steph? and he said that those songs are just way too old to play.

Pff. He's too fat to be a rockstar but he still is. Moron.

deftoner664

haha oh well.. wouldnt be deftones without his fat ass getting run over... and he's one of my favorite guitarist even thought I know he's not flashy and full of solos(which doesnt dictate you as a good guitarist) and on top of it all he doesnt know a damn thing about music theory... It just works and sounds good...
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

mono

deftoolsys07

can i get a copy of the "deftones" ??? i'm no that  understand you english this..  i just need a copy of the deftones cd on the computer that link please?!?!? hhhhellllllppppppppppp!!!!
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/