Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fuck the Police

Started by alvarezbassist17, Sep 06, 2010, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

So I totally wanted to resurrect my topic by the same name, but turns out that was more than 3 years ago, how time flies.  Here's a fun story, feel free to comment or add your own stories of how you feel as though you got fucked by those power trippin' sons of bitches.

So yesterday, my friend, his girlfriend and I all went out on my parents boat to go meet up with some other friends.  He and I had a couple beers, nothing out of the ordinary, and we smoked a bowl, me getting 2 hits, they both only had 1.  At this point everything was fine, we were just cruising; a little chilly, but not too terrible.  So about 40 minutes or so after we smoke, my buddy's girlfriend starts nodding off and falls asleep, which I mean seemed a little weird because it was like 2 pm, but about 5 minutes later he starts buggin her, kind of giving her crap and wanting her to wake up, but she was totally unresponsive, so we start freaking out and calling people.  Long story short, I told him to call 911 and we pulled into the nearest marina.  To do away with the suspense, she woke up in the ambulance and the doctors told us she just had a bad episode of fainting because she was so dehydrated; she's fine now.  But when we pulled into the marina and started talking to the cops, we immediately admitted that she had taken a hit of weed and that she had drank literally less than half of a Michelob Golden Light.  So immediately, the cops were like "oh, we don't believe you, where's the weed, yada yada" and giving me the fucking third degree, even after she was already gone in the ambulance.  So they searched my boat and found my pipe and grinder, and took them, all the while giving me hell for lying about the location of the weed, etc.

Am I alone in thinking that it was COMPLETELY unnecessary and not germane for them to search my boat?  I mean I understand that they could label me as likely to lie about other potential substances because i told them the pipe and shit wasn't on the boat, but we were absolutely up front with the fact that she had smoked weed, even before they had asked, and lo and behold, they found nothing else during their search.  And the fact that I called THEM and was completely (well aside from covering my ass about the bowl) cooperative with them kind of makes me a little bit on the angered side.  Is this the kind of shit that people who go out of their way to try to be decent human beings are constantly going to have to deal with?  That is my real fucking beef here.  Oh, along with their fucking attitudes, treating me like I'm some criminal when I had just put myself in jeopardy to make sure this girl turned out okay.

lostpilot

Yes, that was unnecessary. They're just doing their jobs I guess.. and common courtesy is not a part of that.

ToneDef

I had bad experiences with the police here in England. Fucking traffic wardens too, the cunts.

I dunno, I understand they're doing their jobs and that for them to be arresting me and shit I'm doing something illegal.. But there's no need to be complete dicks about it.

I guess if they were nice, kind people though, giving me high five's for smoking weed and shit, then they wouldn't project the same image of authority. Kinda how governments and stuff don't do anything about all these conspiracy theories on the internet and stuff because it actually helps to make them look like fucking bad boys. Like, "Hey, Johnson, you seen this shit on Youtube accusing us, the government, of being behind 9/11? Of course we're not gonna orchestrate the biggest fucking terrorist attack ever.. But we're not gonna deny it either..."

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Cops in Seattle are wacky. You either end up with the nicest guy or a COMPLETE fucking tool.

One time,  when I was 19 cops got called to a party I was throwing in my apartment. I had 15 or so people over, nothing huge, but we were being pretty belligerent. We were all underage. A few of my friends were outside smoking and I was inside shotgunning beers or some shit when my friend poked her head in and told me there were cops here, so naturally I had that horrible sinking feeling in my gut and thought I was in deep shit. I decided to put on my best 'I don't give a fuck' attitude and went outside to get berated. Basically all that happened was they said they got called because of the noise and I was just like. "Yeah dudes, sorry about the noise but I'm having a fucking Kurt Russel movie party and it's pretty tough not to be pumped on that". They seemed stoked on that idea and just told us to keep it down and then they left. They didn't give a shit about all the underage kids outside with beers in their hands.

Another time, a few friends and I were drinking beer under a bridge by the UW campus. I had to be 16 or 17. Everyone was super stoned and way plastered. Out of nowhere this cop walks up while a friend was spinning fire (gay) and then just stood there and watched for a second. She stopped when she realized there was a cop next to us. Then he asks us what we're doing and we were all quiet like we knew we were fucked. Then he basically just said "You all look 21. Drinking in public is illegal. Can you all make it home okay?" and seemed genuinely concerned about our ability to find our way home. When he was quite sure we were all capable of safely getting home, he told us to have a good night and left. None of us looked even remotely 21.

On the other side of the spectrum, when I was 19, there was this time I went to a part of town super far from home for a friend's cowboys and indians themed birthday party. There had to be 80-100 people in his goddamn house. There were so many fucking people. By far one of the best parties I've ever been to. Anyway, at 2-3am, the friend that I went there with ran downstairs to the basement to tell me the cops were there and went to try and hide in one of the bedrooms. I was fucking loaded and this is all pretty hazy, but I didn't know what the fuck to do and was all freaked out about how I was going to get home as I planned to crash on my buddy's bedroom floor. After a solid 5 minutes of me wigging out downstairs, I saw a flashlight coming down the stairs and the cop carrying it was yelling "Get the FUCK out" at everyone he passed while blasting them directly in the eyes with the light. I remember seeing all these drunk people stumbling through the blinding light and out the back door. I was fucking terrified. Finally, he got to me and blinded me with his fucking light and told me to get out. The clearest memory of the night is me just saying "No. I'm staying here." he said what, sounded super pissed and I repeated myself. I told him that the busses don't run at 3am, that even if they were running it would take me an hour and a half to get home from there and damn near called him an idiot for kicking a bunch of kids out of their friends house, only a handful of which had cars, and that even if they ALL had cars, they'd be too fucked up to drive safely. But I was still pretty scared, so I didn't call him an idiot. Instead, I stood (lolol) my ground and he left me alone. Then I crashed on my friend's floor and almost had sex with a fat chick. She was gross though, so I am glad I was sober enough not to.

I have another horror story that's way more terrible, but I'm too tired right now to add to this crappy wall of text.

Jacob

well, you were holding illegal substances and made it quiet clear to the police. what the hell did you expect them to do? they're just doing their job.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

shine down unshy

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Sep 07, 2010, 01:07 PM
Cops in Seattle are wacky. You either end up with the nicest guy or a COMPLETE fucking tool.

One time,  when I was 19 cops got called to a party I was throwing in my apartment. I had 15 or so people over, nothing huge, but we were being pretty belligerent. We were all underage. A few of my friends were outside smoking and I was inside shotgunning beers or some shit when my friend poked her head in and told me there were cops here, so naturally I had that horrible sinking feeling in my gut and thought I was in deep shit. I decided to put on my best 'I don't give a fuck' attitude and went outside to get berated. Basically all that happened was they said they got called because of the noise and I was just like. "Yeah dudes, sorry about the noise but I'm having a fucking Kurt Russel movie party and it's pretty tough not to be pumped on that". They seemed stoked on that idea and just told us to keep it down and then they left. They didn't give a shit about all the underage kids outside with beers in their hands.

Another time, a few friends and I were drinking beer under a bridge by the UW campus. I had to be 16 or 17. Everyone was super stoned and way plastered. Out of nowhere this cop walks up while a friend was spinning fire (gay) and then just stood there and watched for a second. She stopped when she realized there was a cop next to us. Then he asks us what we're doing and we were all quiet like we knew we were fucked. Then he basically just said "You all look 21. Drinking in public is illegal. Can you all make it home okay?" and seemed genuinely concerned about our ability to find our way home. When he was quite sure we were all capable of safely getting home, he told us to have a good night and left. None of us looked even remotely 21.

On the other side of the spectrum, when I was 19, there was this time I went to a part of town super far from home for a friend's cowboys and indians themed birthday party. There had to be 80-100 people in his goddamn house. There were so many fucking people. By far one of the best parties I've ever been to. Anyway, at 2-3am, the friend that I went there with ran downstairs to the basement to tell me the cops were there and went to try and hide in one of the bedrooms. I was fucking loaded and this is all pretty hazy, but I didn't know what the fuck to do and was all freaked out about how I was going to get home as I planned to crash on my buddy's bedroom floor. After a solid 5 minutes of me wigging out downstairs, I saw a flashlight coming down the stairs and the cop carrying it was yelling "Get the FUCK out" at everyone he passed while blasting them directly in the eyes with the light. I remember seeing all these drunk people stumbling through the blinding light and out the back door. I was fucking terrified. Finally, he got to me and blinded me with his fucking light and told me to get out. The clearest memory of the night is me just saying "No. I'm staying here." he said what, sounded super pissed and I repeated myself. I told him that the busses don't run at 3am, that even if they were running it would take me an hour and a half to get home from there and damn near called him an idiot for kicking a bunch of kids out of their friends house, only a handful of which had cars, and that even if they ALL had cars, they'd be too fucked up to drive safely. But I was still pretty scared, so I didn't call him an idiot. Instead, I stood (lolol) my ground and he left me alone. Then I crashed on my friend's floor and almost had sex with a fat chick. She was gross though, so I am glad I was sober enough not to.

I have another horror story that's way more terrible, but I'm too tired right now to add to this crappy wall of text.

Lol thanks for sharing those stories, they were fucking awesome. 

"Yeah dudes, sorry about the noise but I'm having a fucking Kurt Russel movie party and it's pretty tough not to be pumped on that". <--lol

oldgentlovecraft

It's generally understood that cops in Ohio, just fifteen minutes away for us, are vicious and out for blood. I've been pulled over in the winter, 5 times, for snow covering a letter on the license plate. There are also tons of  "haunted" roads in the area and cops will have citizens flash strange lights on their property so that people stop, then the cops will pull over the cars and ticket them for stopping on a county road. So, my friends and I used to sneak into a gated community over the state line and wreak havoc, including but not limited to, egging county brownies' homes, smashing vacant house windows, and leading the security guard on chases in his cop car (I was a bastard of a kid). It was all fun and games until my friend and I flipped a pickup over into a ditch and had to call a towtruck. The guard just watched us with this smug expression all the way out of the gate.

wither-I

nobody can hurt on the cops until they have lived under the new orleans police department...

they are robbing and raping people and then burning the bodies.

things are really bad. im honestly scared as fuck of the police.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 07, 2010, 03:37 PM
well, you were holding illegal substances and made it quiet clear to the police. what the hell did you expect them to do? they're just doing their job.

are you talking about me?  at no point did i admit we were holding them, we told them we smoked before we got on the boat and they could have left it at that because we were forthcoming about letting them know about her condition.  The search was completely after the fact and totally unnecessary, especially when i'd just put myself in jeopardy to help her.  Just seemed like they could've prioritized a little better and if you would've seen the way they acted, you could tell they got huge hard ons from busting some kid.

defskull

I don't know, the way I see it, it's just a cop doing his job.  I mean sure he doesn't have to be a dick about it, but when you admit that she had taken a hit of weed, I think they have the right to search the boat.  Sounds like the officer is just passionate about what he does. 

lostpilot

back in Lithuania cops are VERY corrupt. and they do whatever the fuck they want. Imagine - some guys are just sitting around in the nature with a hookah (wow, I wanted to write "hooker" so much) and they just come up and arrest everyone for smoking TOBACCO.

I'm scared shitless whenever I have a couple of grams on me and cops pass by me.

wither-I

atleast they will only arrest you.

imagine getting beaten to death and then having your body burned so your mother cant press charges, all for a little weed. you might even get raped too, if they dont cave your pelvis in with rot iron switches first.

you might live with a disfigured face, and a few ribs and slats of muscle tissue missing... but then youll be marked for life, and the hunt goes on...

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

There had been several occasions when violence was used against the innocent back here. And the worst part is that the judgmental system overlooks these examples. Back in Lithuania, many crimes are overlooked just because the judgmental and governmental systems are both insanely corrupt.

blixa

the cops i've come across have always been really nice. i've never had a bad experience with one.

Crazylegs

i got kicked in the balls by a police officer once.

blixa

maybe all you guys should move to australia where the cops are nice and we're not in recession.

theis

Quote from: Crazylegs on Sep 09, 2010, 02:04 PM
i got kicked in the balls by a police officer once.

Haha, seriously?

Crazylegs

no, i'm afraid not. That would have been funny though.

theis

Indeed it would, haha.

Vesanic

I mashed a cheeseburger on an officer's face, once. I was 13. I felt proud.