Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Scrabble

Started by lukas989, Feb 02, 2011, 10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukas989

Alas now Im older, I seek comfort in old person stuff like peeing myself and throwing pets at children.  I am however attempting to deceive my years, and do trendy young person stuff like playing scrabble.  Therefore if any of you chicken shit bitches want to be taught a lesson in slapping down tiles on a board, hunt facebook for lukas nineeightnine.  Im fucking ace by the way - you've been warned.

one weak

blixa

i love scrabble. it's a game that defies age and trends and everything else. i tried to play with my sister but she said her brain was starting to hurt so she had to stop hahaha i was spelling half her words anyway.

lukas989

Yeah - thats the cool thing about scrabble...theres rarely a moment more rewarding than clocking a 100 points for a shot.  Its close to orgas....fuck I need to get out more.  Anyhoo - see you at the board blixee hehe

Penicks

this is the best thread i have ever read

lukas989

I got 125 points last night.  The screenshot I took, was thus printed out onto high quality paper (expolded by 400% of course), placed exquisitely into a beautiful oak frame, and mounted gently onto pin, positioned on the wall above my tv - therefore allowing to stare at it during adverts.  I cant promise there wont be nakedness and lube involved.

blixa

poofing acid

I've never played this game in my life. 

blixa

it's so much fun. hours go by and you don't even notice.

Livewire

This is what you guys are:

Craziest

Variable

Scrabble is great.  I have gone on many rants lately about how "words with friends" is not equal to scrabble. Yet I have to lower myself to playing it because thats all my friends play.  Even though I stopped playing with most of them because they are half retarded and just throw random letters down till the game accepts it.  I also swear a couple of my not to book smart friends have a cheat app.  I mean; I still win.  I'm just not used to having to work so hard to be better than other people.  So its annoying. 

devilinside

Quote from: blixa on Feb 04, 2011, 03:54 AM
it's so much fun. hours go by and you don't even notice.

I concur.

lukas989

Obviously the downside to online action is the possibility the godshite you're are playing is cheating.  i got beat by this ballsack the other night, which you know happens - Im not infallible, but the fucker had a 92% win rate from some 600 games...plus he dropped 4 - yep count em 4 - nine letter words.  Piece of shit.  Or maybe Im bitter.

Variable

No I'm with you.  Even somebody with a very good vocabulary is only so good at these type of games because of the limited possible options provided by the limited number of tiles you have.  I have played friends whom I know I have a much better vocabulary than, but they beat me in a fluke because I had all consonants and z's and shit.  Everyone is fallible in scrabble. 

blixa

luckily i don't have this problem because i only play actual board scrabble. the arguments and call outs are so much more fun that way.

Variable

Yeah my friends are great people, but uber lame at the same time.  I have to explain to them who Dave Grohl is every time I want to go on a rant about why Katy Perry should not be famous at all.  I also get made fun of a lot for "knowing shit".  There is no way I could get them to sit down and play a board game where you have to spell. 

blixa

no one is going to remember katy perry in 50 years.

but this whole "being smart and knowing shit" is a fucking piss off to me. i have some friends, and sometimes even my own dear sister, who kind of blow me off because they assume that i think i'm too smart or cool to do stupid shit. i occassionally enjoy doing stupid shit. as long as i'm not hurting anyone i'm in.

Variable

I don't know dude.  I think there is a good chance that in 50 years we will be listening to an oldies countdown and "I kissed a girl" will still be on it.  Where the only remembrance of Dave will be "oh yeah he played the drums for that 90s 1 hit wonder "smells like team spirit".

I never get excluded from anything because of my personality.  I am known for being goofy too.  Plus most of my recent memories of hanging out with friends are of being in Afghanistan, where I was the medic, and more importantly had all the sleeping pills.  So that even more so kept me in.  It's just annoying when I can't even ask someone "what was confusing about the movie "inception" to you?" without them automatically assuming that I'm mocking them because they didn't understand something; Not that I'm genuinely trying to understand so that we can talk about it.  Or when we are watching the office and someone puts a sticky not on someones back and they spell "douche" wrong and I'm like " oh hey they spelled douche wrong " and they are all like "really Trey?  Really?  You care about how they spell douche on the office?"  Then 2 days later they are complaining about how stupid people in their biology class are.................... Anyways.

My point is/was simply that my friends would never play real scrabble with me because they aren't all into that "knowing shit".  They would rather play words with friends and lay in bed for hours trying to arrange letters into a word that the computer will finally accept; instead of pick up a book and improve their vocabulary.  Then boycott playing with me when I complain that they have no idea what their words mean, let alone that they are real words. 
I am very much looking forward to getting out of the military and making friends at college. 

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Variable on Feb 18, 2011, 08:07 PM
Scrabble is great.  I have gone on many rants lately about how "words with friends" is not equal to scrabble. Yet I have to lower myself to playing it because thats all my friends play.  Even though I stopped playing with most of them because they are half retarded and just throw random letters down till the game accepts it.  I also swear a couple of my not to book smart friends have a cheat app.  I mean; I still win.  I'm just not used to having to work so hard to be better than other people.  So its annoying. 

www.scrabulizer.com hahaha

Quote from: Variable on Feb 20, 2011, 11:53 PM
I don't know dude.  I think there is a good chance that in 50 years we will be listening to an oldies countdown and "I kissed a girl" will still be on it.  Where the only remembrance of Dave will be "oh yeah he played the drums for that 90s 1 hit wonder "smells like team spirit".

I never get excluded from anything because of my personality.  I am known for being goofy too.  Plus most of my recent memories of hanging out with friends are of being in Afghanistan, where I was the medic, and more importantly had all the sleeping pills.  So that even more so kept me in.  It's just annoying when I can't even ask someone "what was confusing about the movie "inception" to you?" without them automatically assuming that I'm mocking them because they didn't understand something; Not that I'm genuinely trying to understand so that we can talk about it.  Or when we are watching the office and someone puts a sticky not on someones back and they spell "douche" wrong and I'm like " oh hey they spelled douche wrong " and they are all like "really Trey?  Really?  You care about how they spell douche on the office?"  Then 2 days later they are complaining about how stupid people in their biology class are.................... Anyways.

My point is/was simply that my friends would never play real scrabble with me because they aren't all into that "knowing shit".  They would rather play words with friends and lay in bed for hours trying to arrange letters into a word that the computer will finally accept; instead of pick up a book and improve their vocabulary.  Then boycott playing with me when I complain that they have no idea what their words mean, let alone that they are real words. 
I am very much looking forward to getting out of the military and making friends at college. 

I have that same problem.  I'm sure one could find a metaphor in that whole "They would rather play words with friends and lay in bed for hours trying to arrange letters into a word that the computer will finally accept; instead of pick up a book and improve their vocabulary" that applies to life in a whole lot more aspects than merely Scrabble.  It's like I spent years overcoming the socially awkward part of my nerdiness in order to hang out with more interesting and fun folks, but now I'm floating in a sea of dumb liberals (or neocons) that have no interest in learning anything, ESPECIALLY if it goes against their preconceived notions.  So I just smoke weed til I'm at their level, haha.  Just come to MN; all of my friends are sick of me trying to have a good conversation with them too.

Variable

I get that.  I live with two of my best friends and lately they have been like "you have to have social interaction" like its a bad thing.  Because I try to bring them into intelligent conversations.  They are married, and literally only talk about their budget because they are bored and have nothing else to talk about.  Now their financial situation hasn't changed in.....a couple years.  But they keep going over that budget.  But I'm a weirdo for wanting to talk about "knowledge"?????

The weird part is that I was never the Nerdy kid before.  If you guys remember, I am a high school drop out.  I have always had a big capacity for learning, I just like to party too.  But over the past couple years I have put more of a value on education and have started taking life a little more serious.  Now all of the sudden I'm the nerd from the simpsons when I hear my friends say something completely wrong and I correct them.....?