Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wrist

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
i'm sure this will sound great, how can it not. but i'm beginning to think of chino more of a guest singer in various bands than the frontman of deftones. he's like a slutty girl who puts out to everyone who's interested.and those girls usually don't get much respect,that's how i see it can't help it. but it's all good because ppl are more interested in chino as a singer than the band deftones (the mix of steph and chino) so these new side projects that pop up every other week will continue to please everyone. work that booty girl

this!

shoop

lostpilot

jbmp1390

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

nicklav

This is fucking fantastic. I have to have some of this music immediately.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Hmmmm... This may sound NOTHING like Isis, I'm thinking.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: luisch on Apr 25, 2012, 11:18 PM
first preview

Palms [Rehearsals]

Ok so it's actually a new name for Crosses, see guys of course it wouldn't have been kept a secret like that!
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

the deft ones

There Will Be Blood

E-Money

I bet theres a nice mix of heavy and soft.  Probably an Isis/Crosses mix.  Im looking forward to it.   

mr.sinister

luisch

Quote from: E-Money on Apr 26, 2012, 05:05 AM
I bet theres a nice mix of heavy and soft.  Probably an Isis/Crosses mix.  Im looking forward to it.   

Indeed!
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

rock_n_frost

Wow, Chino works so hard.
I cant believe it.
And he is very sucessful till now.

The guy is on his nirvana
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Starz

Yeah he's non stop working when taking some time off from Deftones. Just loves being involved with Music too much I guess and why the hell not.

I think there will still be some heavy as fuck songs as well as more ambient stuff. Cannot freaking wait!

from_musings

Quote from: Starz on Apr 26, 2012, 02:58 PM
why the hell not.

"why not" for me would be -  when i listen to deftones, i get a kick out of hearing chino's characteristic voice together with steph's heavy special riffs, a deftones buzz. but if chino's voice can be heard in 10 other bands then the "damn that voice" kick will wear off, it gets watered out. it's been ok with t.s and maybe with crosses since it's mostly electronics, but if palms music is heavy, then when listening to deftones - that "wow feeling" i get cuz of chino's voice combined with heavy guitar, won't be the same any more... because you can hear his vocals to heavy music in other places.everytime chino does something new,deftones gets less and less special to me. and as a deftones fan, to experience that deftones music isn't as special anymore, that's rough man.
if you're a chino fan more than a deftones fan then i can understand the excitement.

cEvin Key

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 26, 2012, 03:40 PM
why the hell not.

"why not" for me would be -  when i listen to deftones, i get a kick out of hearing chino's characteristic voice together with steph's heavy special riffs, a deftones buzz. but if chino's voice can be heard in 10 other bands then the "damn that voice" kick will wear off, it gets watered out. it's been ok with t.s and maybe with crosses since it's mostly electronics, but if palms music is heavy, then when listening to deftones - that "wow feeling" i get cuz of chino's voice combined with heavy guitar, won't be the same any more... because you can hear his vocals to heavy music in other places.everytime chino does something new,deftones gets less and less special to me. and as a deftones fan, to experience that deftones music isn't as special anymore, that's rough man.
if you're a chino fan more than a deftones fan then i can understand the excitement.

I understand you point of view. But I kinda of disagree. Take maynard for example, he is on both tool and a perfect circle yet both bands sound very different and unique and it is possible to appreciate both of them and him singing in both. Or you also take Greg Puciatto in both DEP and Spylacopa. So as long as Palms sound different from Deftones I think is possible to appreciate both bands and Chino on a different context. That was actually my problem with the team sleep record, I like the demos but some songs on the record were a bit too close to the Deftones for me and that was what made me feel strange about hearing chino on a different band that has more hints of Deftones than it should. I dont think Chino will have much more input other than vocals, I even wonder If they wrote any song together with him on the studio.

Jacob

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 26, 2012, 03:40 PM
why the hell not.

yeah, how totally awesome it'd have been if Deftones only released Adrenaline and ATF, then called it quits and none of them ever did any music again.

then only us TRUE deftones fans would know about them and listen to them, and there'd be no girly non-metal music ruining Chino's voice.

wait, even better if he had actually screamed on every song on those two albums. like, all the time. that'd really have showed em how awesome his voice is, because no one would ever have heard him sing!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

shoop

haha wtf.. some people just can't appreciate anything at all. if you don't want to hear him in other bands, it's fucking simple: DON'T LISTEN TO IT. Even though you will, and chances are you'll enjoy it.