Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenudo

Quote from: cesar421 on Feb 12, 2013, 11:13 PM
Can someone pm me a link or a stream were i can hear it again?

Did you not read the above post? That dude has it uploaded on grooveshark or whatever it is
Was it like it seemed?...

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 12, 2013, 05:00 PM
Quote from: gwenudo666 on Feb 11, 2013, 06:15 PM
Lmao seriously guys? Wow. Amazing song really .. cant believe you guys expect so much .. all of you just look for creativity and crap but you guys dont see the true value in this. Chino is getting old ok. And im sure palms just wants to have fun.. but nooooooooooo you guys just love to suck the fun out of everything chino makes or whatever .. koi no yokan to alot of you is a huge disapointment ..and now palms is too.. simply cause its too soft or "boring" .. just enjoy the damn music .. and if this isnt your cup of tea, then move on..theres tons of bands out there.. move on because this is how its going to stay .. dont expect an ATF 2 or heavy isis .. sheeeeeesh with you guys.

A big part of this is wrong in every possible way.

Tried it a couple more times but nothing will do. I think it's a terrible track.
Haha V knew you would hate it as soon as I heard it.

DeftonesNZ

Also did Playhouse get deleted for sharing this? he's showing up as a guest now

Hidalgo

deftoolsys07

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 13, 2013, 01:24 AM

I heard he's getting 20-life without possibility of parole
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

gwenudo

I was thinking the same thing o.O
Was it like it seemed?...

Slacker

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Feb 13, 2013, 02:41 AM

I was thinking the same thing o.O

that would be fucked up #supportplayhouse

DAFTPUNK87

hey guys long time no talk.!
Just checked out the Palms track.
It's surprisingly pretty mellow/chill, but I dig it a lot.
Can't wait to hear the whole album.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

deftoner664

Hope they pick a different single.. They gotta have one track that encapsulates their overall sound... I doubt this track was the one.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

samson simpson

love the vibe this song exudes

Chino sounds awesome

rxjustine

Quote from: deftoner664 on Feb 13, 2013, 04:52 AM
Hope they pick a different single.. They gotta have one track that encapsulates their overall sound... I doubt this track was the one.

I really hope you're right...

Listened again, you know, in hopes that it may grow on me. No dice.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: deftoner664 on Feb 13, 2013, 04:52 AM
haha way too early for that we don't even know what their sound is yet

ghettovaquero

in all honesty chino moreno hasnt been delivering the goods. I think the abundance of work has him limited in his creativity. His work on KNY wasnt anything to go crazy about and crosses ep 2 was eh, and this song musically is great but lyrically eh....

ghettovaquero

i think he should just quit deftones and crosses and palms and dedicate his time and efforts into his true passion. Team sleep. Sooooooo much potential in that band. The members in that band are hungry and talented as fuck

DeftonesNZ

I don't believe Chino has slipped musically I think it's just not what people who usually follow him are used to I bet there's alot of people who will like palms but none of Chino's other work, I don't care what he does aslong as he is enjoying himself I trust he'll keep producing beautiful music, I don't think Team Sleep is his true passion either,Fuck he didn't even sing on like half of their songs and he chose to start new side projects instead of spending his free time on TS stuff plus Zach is in Death Grips and they're starting to get big so he won't have the time for TS anyway,I think it's more of a case of you wanting more Team Sleep not Chino wanting more, I think Deftones will always be his baby.

from_musings

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 11, 2013, 10:11 AM
Sort of a mix between Team Sleep and Crosses, it's really dreamy like the Team Sleep but without the hectic drums and with the same vocal sound as crosses.

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 13, 2013, 07:10 AM
I think it's just not what people who usually follow him are used to

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 13, 2013, 09:51 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 11, 2013, 10:11 AM
Sort of a mix between Team Sleep and Crosses, it's really dreamy like the Team Sleep but without the hectic drums and with the same vocal sound as crosses.

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 13, 2013, 07:10 AM
I think it's just not what people who usually follow him are used to

how do you not get that ? It's something new with elements of both projects, people aren't really used to Chino doing the upbeat slow stuff he's been getting into of late like on KNY, Team Sleep although sometimes slow was a lot darker and bitter thematically and sonically, Crosses was slightly more positive but it was also really busy instrumentally.

from_musings

I agree with the first description, but since the song is a mix of previous chino side projects, then I don't really understand that it would something that we're not used to. if anything, it's getting a little old. hopefully they will do something that we're not used to on the other tracks. this song is mediocre at best, sounds like a song chino wrote himself in 15 minutes. maybe 10.

DeftonesNZ

My point was Chino has done one or the other only recently has he started the more dreamy positive ambient stuff, I like the song but I also agree with you I think the project has alot more potential given the talent involved I'm hoping to see some more Isis influence in the other stuff but I'm not going to write off yet we've only heard a demo it might not even make to the final release.