Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasick

This clipping is annoying the shit out of me, but I have to admit that I actually like the song. I like it for a lot of the same reasons that I like Team Sleep tunes. :)

Caín

What a terrible fucking piece of music.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Caín on Feb 18, 2013, 03:39 PM
What a terrible fucking piece of music.
I guess good old vinegar tits is back again

theis

I'm not too fussed about the new song either. Pretty bland.

Here's hoping the rest of the album will be great.

DaniknifeParty Ænema

He had a lot to say...
He had a lot of nothing to say.

Slacker

epistaxis

Quote from: deftoner664 on Feb 17, 2013, 12:36 AM
Gotta say although not many are fond of the song, including myself, it is a catchy tune. I'll give it that.

I agree. I caught myself humming the song when I opened the thread.
The lyrics and Chino's new vocal style are not something I am fond of, but I do like where it's going after 03:50.

I was pretty excited about PALMS, but now I am a bit scared honestly. Time to lower my expectations I think.

Corleone

I think it has potential, the lyrics remind me of The Appleseed Cast.

luisch

Quote from: Corleone on Feb 20, 2013, 06:12 AM

I dont knew nothing about this band, now I'm in love, thank you!
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Corleone

Quote from: luisch on Feb 20, 2013, 06:27 AM

Oh ya? Their last two albums are good, and even before that had some good songs.

luisch

Quote from: Corleone on Feb 20, 2013, 06:32 AM
Quote from: luisch on Feb 20, 2013, 06:27 AM

Oh ya? Their last two albums are good, and even before that had some good songs.

For real, really love the tunes, now downloading the disco, Steps and Numbers and On Reflection are amazing.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Slacker

deffur

Quote from: Teknoman on Feb 15, 2013, 10:19 PM
Another source

http://soundcloud.com/soundgardener18/tropics

Link won't load on my android, anyway you can email?

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 2

×× deffur ××

Electron§

I like it. Idk what you guys find so bad about it. Yeah, maybe it doesn't leave me in awe like an old school Deftones song or a Team Sleep song, but its by no means a bad song. (Especially when compared with some of the other stuff Chino has released in the last three years  ::) One of the *dreamiest* songs Chino has ever worked on probably, it kind of feels though like it lacks a driving force to it, there's not really any major turning points for the atmosphere the song conveys, except at the very end when you think its gonna get dark, even there they kind of revert back to what was going on before and then it just ends.....

N0S3BLEED976

The hook in the chorus of Tropics is great. I really like it

scarywindow

I think Palms has more potential than both Crosses AND Deftones at this point.  'Tropics' is gorgeous.  Honestly, at this point... I wouldn't mind if Deftones just released Eros, Crosses released the LP, and both called it a day.  Chino is much more suited for this band at this juncture.  Now, this is only after hearing ONE track from Palms, but if the rest is nearly as good as it is, I'm a believer. 

Let's the flames roll in.  I won't mind.  Just an opinion.

Inkblades

They are mastering the album today.

DeftonesNZ

I just saw that, that's real exciting it's going to be ready for release really soon, whether or not they choose to release it then or wait is another thing I'm guessing it'll be held until Chino can tour it.

deffur

I finally heard it..

the intro is so dreamy - chino sounds young again... and I also hear that synced melody chiming in as Isis used to zone you in the instrumentals.. I like the flow this song gave me, kind of reminds me of lucky you or teenager. In the end I love it when chino mimics Sade's voice...tight

can't wait till the tour..

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 2
×× deffur ××

Penicks