Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Law

English is a universal language,I Think probably some few foreigners don't manage the slang,For sure they can try catch this lyrics.
All generalizations are false including this one,somebody singing a song with a foreign accent can sound good,nothing's beautiful from every point of view,your opinion is not a fact!
I think somethings are better untold. 
Stay Well Fellows.

black coffee

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: The Law on Jun 05, 2013, 10:40 AM
English is a universal language,I Think probably some few foreigners don't manage the slang,For sure they can try catch this lyrics.
All generalizations are false including this one,somebody singing a song with a foreign accent can sound good,nothing's beautiful from every point of view,your opinion is not a fact!
Stay Well Fellows.
English is not a universal language, universal implies everyone speaks it when in reality only  like %25 of the worlds population do.Also If you read it properly I didn't say foreign people I said people with thick accents  and I didn't say all of them I said most which is true, Most people with thick accents can't sing well. Looking at your writing though I suspect English may not be your first language, sorry if you took offence I think you just interpreted it wrong, an accent is not specific to  foreign people,  English speaking nations have accents to, for example Australians. An accent is just a group of common speaking traits shared by a group of people from the same geographical position. I suggest you take time to make sure you understand what's being said instead of having a go at people in the future.

deftoolsys07

Stay Well Fellows.

Right, opinions are not facts. However, my facts are facts.

Somebody singing a song that can not pronounce words correctly, it doesn't matter if it's a foreigner or if it's just somebody with a speech impediment, does not sound good. Fact.

To be perfectly honest if it is in the case of somebody singing a foreign song, I would rather hear it sung in the singer's native tongue. Not only would it be interesting and be something new for the listener, but then they wouldn't be mispronouncing anything (hopefully).

There are bands I hear in North America that speak English but have annoying ways of pronouncing words, or they have drawls and stuff like that, and I can't listen to it.

I hope you know I'm not arguing with you, and there's no bad blood here. I'm just sharing my opinion. Err, facts I mean.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

deftoolsys07

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 05, 2013, 11:02 AM
Stay Well Fellows.
English is not a universal language, universal implies everyone speaks it when in reality only  like %25 of the worlds population do.Also If you read it properly I didn't say foreign people I said people with thick accents  and I didn't say all of them I said most which is true, Most people with thick accents can't sing well. Looking at your writing though I suspect English may not be your first language, sorry if you took offence I think you just interpreted it wrong, an accent is not specific to  foreign people,  English speaking nations have accents to, for example Australians. An accent is just a group of common speaking traits shared by a group of people from the same geographical position. I suggest you take time to make sure you understand what's being said instead of having a go at people in the future.

Haha pretty much my point as well, and posted at the same time! Jinx, nigga!

DeftonesNZ

Yeah lol I'm just trying to explain it without sounding like I'm being a dick, I wasn't having a go at anyone, this has happened a few times on here I think it's just because the connotation of the words gets lost in translation.

The Law

[/quote]

It is estimated that about a billion people in the world use English either as their native, second or foreign language.  English is used in over 70 countries as an official or semi-official language, and plays a very significant role in 20 others.  Over 1,400 million people live in countries where there is a tradition of using English.  Some 75% of the world's mail and world's information is stored in English.  Of the estimated 50 million users of the Internet, a majority use English .English is without a doubt the actual universal language. It is the world's second largest native language, the official language in 70 countries, and English-speaking countries are responsible for about 40% of world's total GNP.
English can be at least understood almost everywhere among scholars and educated people, as it is the world media language, and the language of cinema, TV, pop music and the computer world. All over the planet people know many English words, their pronunciation and meaning. It is the language of modern commerce and communication, is currently the most widely-spoken language in terms of geography, and likely will become the most-spoken language in the world at some point. (Mandarin Chinese is still the language the most people in the world can understand.)

Only the part "nothing's beautiful from every point of view,your opinion is not a fact!" it was for both of you, "I suggest you take time to make sure you understand what's being said instead of having a go at people in the future.." and "Yeah lol I'm just trying to explain it without sounding like I'm being a dick, I wasn't having a go at anyone, this has happened a few times on here I think it's just because the connotation of the words gets lost in translation." lol The rest was for deftoolsys07,Its all good with me,no bad blood Fellows,Stay Well.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah man all good. I get what you mean now you just used universal out of term I think you're trying to say it is the global standard language.

The Law

No i mean Universal because is the expression that we learn in history but that is another story. see ya

N0S3BLEED976

I cannot wait for Shortwave Radio, the snippet is just too damn sweet! Also I'm curious about that climactic build-up and supposedly "heavy" ending.

luisch

Banano, Pera, Aguacate, radio de onda corta es sensacional. Días de días no más.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

sicily

i had'nt seen this on here yet but here's an interview with aaron harris.  Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://echoesanddust.com/2013/06/interview-aaron-harris-from-palms/

deftoolsys07

Mission Sunset is awesome... probably my favorite

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jun 06, 2013, 08:12 PM

So you're judging this just from the one minute sample?

deftoolsys07

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jun 06, 2013, 08:47 PM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jun 06, 2013, 08:12 PM

So you're judging this just from the one minute sample?

No, and there are a few twists and turns that the songs take. Even from listening to a one minute sample, since these songs are so long, there are many surprises to be had. You'll hear them go in different directions. Mission Sunset probably does this the most, starting in one place and going to another, before it ends in a climactic little riff.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jun 06, 2013, 08:52 PM
No, and there are a few twists and turns that the songs take. Even from listening to a one minute sample, since these songs are so long, there are many surprises to be had. You'll hear them go in different directions. Mission Sunset probably does this the most, starting in one place and going to another, before it ends in a climactic little riff.

Wait, I'm confused. Did you already listen to the whole song or are you just referring to the sample? However I agree with you. From what I heard in the snippets Mission Sunset and Shortwave Radio stand out to me

deftoolsys07

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jun 06, 2013, 09:11 PM
Yes, the whole song.

Oh, ok.
Do you have any special connections with the label or did the song surface somewhere on the web and I just missed out on it?