Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Quote from: deftoneseba on Jun 21, 2013, 09:03 PM
Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jun 21, 2013, 03:32 PM
Got confirmation that both of the vinyl I ordered shipped out already.
I only had the bad news that my two pre-ordered Gold vinyls are not available, so now I need to pick another color... I think I'll go with the red one, it looks cool.
If anyone got a Gold pressing and would like to sell/trade, please let me know.

check this web, amigo

http://vacationvinyl.bigcartel.com/product/palms-s-t-lp-pre-order-ships-6-25-13-members-of-isis-deftones-debut-2xlp
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

beansandcornbread

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Jun 22, 2013, 09:20 PM
Just received my White today.

Fuck shit. That pisses me off but I'm happy for you.

bewareofrats

What's up with the wacky length of Antarctic Handshake?  On my mp3 player everything sounds good but it cuts out on that song around 9:12 when the song shows it's 9:41.  Also I noticed on other songs there's several seconds of pause between tracks.  Is this how they intended it?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

jaypayton

Palms is good for people who have never heard My Bloody Valentine and who think KNY is a masterpiece.....

scarywindow

Quote from: jaypayton on Jun 22, 2013, 11:47 PM
Palms is good for people who have never heard My Bloody Valentine and who think KNY is a masterpiece.....

this is just dumb.

'Loveless' is one of my all-time favorites (as well as 'MBV') and I really don't care for KNY.

Palms is one of the best records I've heard in a decade.

what now?

play

So if someone has heard My bloody valentine, the Palms album isn't good?
lol Your a fuckwit.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah your logics fucked I like mbv and I love Palms

only pieces remain

loveless is one of my favorite records ever and i like kny, dont think its a masterpiece. also i like the palms record. not as big on it as i was when i first heard it.

DeftonesNZ

To me Palms is a weird album, as in even though it's great you wouldn't just listen to it in your car daily, it's more of a mood album and by that I mean if you listen to it normally it will be  okay but forgettable but when you get in the right slightly depressed mood it all just clicks and it becomes an amazing album that really speaks to you,I think it's like one of those albums you will always end up coming back when you get back in that mood, sort of like how people have those albums they only listen to after a something like a break up or death.

lftpp

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 23, 2013, 08:41 AM
To me Palms is a weird album, as in even though it's great you wouldn't just listen to it in your car daily, it's more of a mood album and by that I mean if you listen to it normally it will be  okay but forgettable but when you get in the right slightly depressed mood it all just clicks and it becomes an amazing album that really speaks to you,I think it's like one of those albums you will always end up coming back when you get back in that mood, sort of like how people have those albums they only listen to after a something like a break up or death.
you resumed my feelings towards this album.

Jacob

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 23, 2013, 08:41 AM

Well, that's pretty much how I feel about everything in the post-rock/post-metal/drone genre. Love the music, but I need to be in the mood for it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bewareofrats

That's funny because I heard My Bloody Valentine and they sound like shit.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Jesus2Chino

I really enjoyed the album, for the most part, after my first listen. Seems like a brilliant piece of music. Can't wait to spend more time with it.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

cvthedrv

Quote from: bewareofrats on Jun 24, 2013, 01:27 AM

lol at this.

only pieces remain

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jun 24, 2013, 09:03 AM
Quote from: bewareofrats on Jun 24, 2013, 01:27 AM

lol at this.

Rally Sweat

This is a really catchy record. Yes, some of Chino's singing isn't as streamlined as the music, but I've had some of his phrases going around and around in my head for days.

elite54