Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fun Facts

Started by Crazylegs, Jun 07, 2012, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

wow.

A day is longer than a year on Venus. Or in other words, it takes longer to rotate around it's own axis than completing an orbit around the Sun.

Vesanic

There are four times more people in Japan than in Canada.

Penicks

diamond eyes sucks

Vesanic

rock_n_frost

Diamond eyes sucks candy
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

BillyNo.9

Northcal

I luv getting   Bjs ;D

Northcal

The real mexican tequilla has a sticker on the bottle of the date and yr it was made and a marble inside the top of the bottle. It taste like agave which iz the plant they make tequilla from.

Variable

Quote from: Jacob on Jun 09, 2012, 06:13 PM
Quote from: Sextape. on Jun 09, 2012, 12:09 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 08, 2012, 07:16 PM
Until 1929, there was cocaine in Coke.

i always wondered if that was true ?

it's true, and coca leavess are still part of the ingredients. they do not contain cocain though.
I'll take this one a little further and say that just about every damn food and drug product in America had cocaine in it at the beginning of the 20th century.

The U.S. was way less regulated back then. The FDA and DEA didn't exist yet; and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics wasn't created until 1930. So there were really now powers to enforce drugs or drug laws; but all drugs were also legal.

Since it was legal, and since the FDA didn't exists to tell people they had to be honest on food and drug labels, food and drug companies put cocaine in everything. It just made people feel better. They didn't know why, they just know it did. So they loaded their products with it so people would want to buy their products more.

America had a huge problem with alcoholism so the doctors treated alcoholics with cocaine; and poof, they were cured.

Tons of people were addicted to cocaine BEFORE they really realized it is addictive and probably ( I said probably ) shouldn't be used every day. So instead of doing what makes sense, and educating Americans not to use cocaine all the time, they said that cocaine makes black men want to rape white women, and so it became illegal.

If you guys haven't ever read up on the history of cocaine, it's really interesting. Freud even wrote multiple books on how it was a wonder drug that everyone should use. Almost killed his career.

TheShade1989

Slugs sometimes have to chew off their penis after sex because they get tangled up in it.

samson simpson

you never see strangers in dreams

source: 9gag and Jesus

epistaxis

A male cat's penis is covered with little hooks, known as penile spines.
Upon withdrawal, the spines rake the walls of the female's vagina, which is a trigger for ovulation.

Crazylegs

Quote from: Cool Mountaineer on Nov 22, 2012, 05:59 AM

Hmm, those sources aren't reliable enough. I see strangers in my dreams, I think.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: epistaxis on Nov 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
Upon withdrawal, the spines rake the walls of the female's vagina, which is a trigger for ovulation.

I'm thankful I'm not a female cat.

Livewire

Quote from: epistaxis on Nov 26, 2012, 09:41 PM

Serrated for her pleasure.

TheShade1989

There's a type of fruit fly whose sperm is 2 inches long, 20x the size of its body.

Crazylegs

1 sperm is 2 inches long? No wai.

samson simpson

Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 26, 2012, 10:05 PM

Hmm, those sources aren't reliable enough. I see strangers in my dreams, I think.

lol yea man

i read that shit on 9gag googled it then read a bunch on it and most things seem to point out its "true"
when you dream you only ever dream of faces you have seen before. it isnt possible for you to invent a "face" in your dream.

whatever

that shit about that fly's sperm is sick

bebo

Quote from: Cool Mountaineer on Nov 29, 2012, 05:09 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 26, 2012, 10:05 PM

lol yea man

i read that shit on 9gag googled it then read a bunch on it and most things seem to point out its "true"
when you dream you only ever dream of faces you have seen before. it isnt possible for you to invent a "face" in your dream.

whatever

that shit about that fly's sperm is sick

faggot confirmed

Crazylegs

An ex- chief of the fire department in my home town had the surename Svihus, which basically means Scorch house. Weird innit'?