Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

OCT 9th

Started by daebat, Jun 29, 2012, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 02, 2012, 11:08 PM
Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jul 02, 2012, 10:53 PM
Agree its gonna be great either way

personally i can't say it will be good either way, i gotta hear it first. i did speak like that back in the day though, until 2006. then things changed. snw was the 9/11 in their album cataloge. the deftones world would never be they same again.

never forget
Forget what? I like SNW. Does that make me a fanboy? If so, guess I am. I'm here bc I like most of their stuff.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Jul 02, 2012, 11:44 PM

personally i can't say it will be good either way, i gotta hear it first. i did speak like that back in the day though, until 2006. then things changed. snw was the 9/11 in their album cataloge. the deftones world would never be they same again.

never forget

They were in a bad way then, whereas they all seem to be in a better place, emotionally, structurally, etc., and a band that's clashing and dealing with personal problems isn't gonna make a good music. Alright, most ppl here dont seem to like DE, but that's not necessarily because of their mindset or personal lives, more just the direction they went in. So I dont think you'll have to worry about them making something as "bad" (though I like the album) as SNW.
Not accurate..... "Deftones" was great i think and supposedly that wasn't a great time so...??? Metallica wasn't always doing great personally or collectively either during their first 4-5 records (a few outta them) and those were masterpieces. (then they crashed after Justice) i could name many    About why I say it will be great....I think all their records are great thus far and don't expect this one to  b shitty. Care less if anyone thinks that's crazy talk. Optimism. Makes life good at times, try it out. ;) No point in all that condescending sarcasm, it's opinions and we all have em. Can't reply with "no" or "yes" to something someone thinks without sounding like a bitch when there r no hard facts on the topic. How about trying "why" or "how" or "think so? Hell, y do i bother,  ;D That's not to u really, just a thought I added at the end here man.

sing blue silver

SNW is one of my favorites, now when it comes to adrenaline, I could take it or leave it. Definitely my least favorite album. Oh whats that? I have an unpopular opinion? Deal with it.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I agree and if I didn't I wouldn't waste my breath bashing it bc we have different brains. Too many dick holes here don't get that at all. Little pimple faced retards I think. That's my opinion. Unpopular I know ;D

Corleone

from_musings is trying so hard to troll that now he is randomly talking about SNW and 9/11 in a release date thread. I don't see how this guy is not banned.

jbmp1390

He just wants attention. I assume he's not very popular in reality either. I just don't understand why he bothers to listen to this band when all he seems to want to do is bitch about it. If you don't like the music the Deftones put out, go start your own fucking band. Apparently musings is more talented and has a better understanding of the music than the Deftones. You're right though he's obviously just trolling which is ultimately sad. I agree that he should be banned. The mods would never do it though. Still wish he was banned though.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

from_musings

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 04, 2012, 01:46 AM
from_musings is trying so hard to troll that now he is randomly talking about SNW and 9/11 in a release date thread. I don't see how this guy is not banned.

i didn't randomly talk about snw or 9/11, if you're even serious in your post then you don't understand metaphores nor why snw was mentioned.

met·a·phor  (mt-fôr, -fr)

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison.
2. One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol

read the post again or ask shade1989, she got it. it wasn't off topic and wasn't hard to get. it was so easy to get i suspect you're trolling. in that case:oh you

from_musings

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 03, 2012, 10:58 PM
Oh whats that? I have an unpopular opinion? Deal with it.

well said sir

jbmp1390

he ruins this fucking board for me. We're talking about release dates, not SNW and other bullshit. If you care about that stick to the bullshit thread.

sing blue silver

The ignore function is a beautiful thing. But it is frustrating signing on here, seeing almost every new post is from_musings and you're about to be subjected to about 10 rants of utter bullshit. He loves the attention though so, ignore function. I really really wanna see him in the picture thread someday though. He never will though.

from_musings

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 04, 2012, 05:15 PM
he ruins this fucking board for me. We're talking about release dates, not SNW and other bullshit. If you care about that stick to the bullshit thread.

unbelievable, i ignored your post but you still keep on going? just can't let it go? it's 4 pages so far, you mean to tell me the only thing that's being discussed is the actual date in this thread? what about this

Quote from: iceache on Jul 02, 2012, 01:33 AM
Quote from: nineteen on Jul 01, 2012, 10:27 PM
Although, their destructive periods give rise to their creativity.

No, not really. Look at SNW. That's when they were most destructive. Worst Album. Ever.

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 02, 2012, 03:10 PM
Around the Fur was 2.0 of adrenaline...

Quote from: nineteen on Jul 02, 2012, 07:40 PM
I kinda meant it in the way that SNW is really creative, regardless of if the opinion of the album is good or bad, but maybe that was too destructive!

be consistent and whine at them too.or better yet admit it's no more off topic than in any other thread and let it go, you're looking for things to nag about now.

ppl said that the new album would be good regardless, I meant that snw made ​​that I can never be as safe about a release it as I was before it. granted a on topic thought cause it's about the new album release. ok what about this, i will tone it down around you and you try to look the other way? i'm actually stalked by you, you know, and it drains you out more than me. deal?

jbmp1390

There's an ignore function? If I'd know that I would have put it to use a long time ago. How do you use it?

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 04, 2012, 05:59 PM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 04, 2012, 05:15 PM
unbelievable, i ignored your post but you still keep on going? just can't let it go? it's 4 pages so far, you mean to tell me the only thing that's being discussed is the actual date in this thread?

I don't care if you ignored my post, I just don't understand why you can never stay remotely on topic.

from_musings

i don't go off topic any more or less than anyone else, i just give you examples of others in this thread. it's like that in every thread - look around. i don't even think it's about that,you just followed corleone now.if it's about staying on topic - then why is this the first time you bring it up? you've complained a lot, never about this. ignore button though, win-win :)

under the sl logo - profile/forum profile/modify profile/ignore list

Corleone

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 04, 2012, 10:37 AM

i didn't randomly talk about snw or 9/11, if you're even serious in your post then you don't understand metaphores nor why snw was mentioned.

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison.

read the post again or ask shade1989, she got it. it wasn't off topic and wasn't hard to get. it was so easy to get i suspect you're trolling. in that case:oh you

You did randomly talk about 9/11... right here..

never forget

I know what a metaphor is and this one is extremely harsh and uncalled for. It barely makes sense, so please explain it.

shoop

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 04, 2012, 11:56 PM

never forget

I know what a metaphor is and this one is extremely harsh and uncalled for. It barely makes sense, so please explain it.
No, please don't. Please just shut the fuck up and stop arguing about senseless shit. If you feel like arguing, just step away from the computer for a bit. Let's clean this board up and just be cool. Please? ^ Hippie post and i'm not even high at the moment.

from_musings

yeah i agree with you hippie. also, i'm the one getting shit if these things go on, although i'm just politely answering questions,so i'm for an end

Corleone

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 05, 2012, 01:38 AM
yeah i agree with you hippie. also, i'm the one getting shit if these things go on, although i'm just politely answering questions,so i'm for an end

So basically you're going to dodge my post because you know you're wrong. Fuck you!

shoop

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 05, 2012, 01:56 AM

So basically you're going to dodge my post because you know you're wrong. Fuck you!
Just stop. Smoke some herb and chill :p

shoop

cool, an end it is.  8)

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 04, 2012, 11:56 PM
[/

never forget

Are u an American Musings? Either way I would like to know bc either way, u don't toss around references or comparisons to 911 with some bullshit like that. Nobody should, American or not. Not sure if you're from Musings or from America but that's what really got u in this u know.... I'm a U.S. Marine vet and I know u may not care but I've put my life on the line for your ass if u are an American partly because of 911. So did a ton of others whom a lot of them never made it through. Maybe u didn't mean it or think before u sharded from the mouth but it's not cool respectful attttt all. There's joking and playing around with people from all over and then there's offending others with shit like that.  It's def not something u randomly compare a record to aimlessly and passively. Naive maybe?