Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: theis on Sep 23, 2012, 11:33 AM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Sep 23, 2012, 11:32 AM
Quote from: deftones86 on Sep 23, 2012, 11:22 AM
I thought that was actually pretty good..

Vega's lines were better than expected, well he was even noticable unlike on most of the DE vox live. But I think they played it a bit slower than the Album in order to not mess it up with Chino and Stef going simultaniously but not as speedy.

cesar421

Wonder if that stage is the actual stage of the tour or only for the epicenter?

Vesanic

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: cesar421 on Sep 23, 2012, 11:54 AM
I don't know but I like the big letter look

vinsanity

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
God I can't stand when Chino is playing guitar live. On songs like Minerva or Sextape it works but on heavy stuff like Royal and Leathers I'd prefer to see him doing the frontman thing. KNY having Chino playing on like every song is going to be a bit of a buzzkill live. Still decent performance though. Chino obviously can't pull it off 100% but he did a good job. He certainly was much better than the idiots in the crowd.
i agree.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

sing blue silver

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 23, 2012, 12:03 PM

I think it's just the epicentre. Big lights and shit are cool but its never seemed very "Deftones" to me. I wouldn't mind them expanding the spectacle and lighting and all that but I've never felt they needed it. The giant DEFTONES lights seemed a wee bit cheesy to me though.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 23, 2012, 12:23 PM

I think it's just the epicentre. Big lights and shit are cool but its never seemed very "Deftones" to me. I wouldn't mind them expanding the spectacle and lighting and all that but I've never felt they needed it. The giant DEFTONES lights seemed a wee bit cheesy to me though.
Yea don't want them too much bigger they sort of remind me of elvis

Diplo

The guitar on the Rosemary's video looks great and the backing vocals of Sergio at 3:25 surprised me.

iceache

They killed leathers live. Much better than I was expecting. Also.. wow, Chino's really stepped it up on guitar duties

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Slacker

yeah it was kinda of what i expected to be. i think that in tricky choruses or parts, they should use a freaking playback. they've done it before, and it has worked great. im not shure why they dont use it more often, and its not like they play the fucking playback the whole song, just the tricky parts, for that pro effect.

geraavl08

Sergio and Stef both got rid of their amps

geraavl08

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 23, 2012, 12:23 PM

Each band that played there had their names on the backdrop

from_musings

good idea to let sergio take care of them high notes,it sounded pretty good i think

Vesanic

Yup, Sergio sounded pretty good. He's doing the hard part, lol.

from_musings

dictatesofreason

leathers sounded great to me, i dont know why people are hatin.

Slacker

chino was off at the beginning, some parts sucked. i wouldnt say great, it was ok as for a "first-timer". ok rating more on the downside though, this performance could be really improved. lets see how it sounds today.

Vesanic

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 23, 2012, 06:56 PM
chino was off at the beginning, some parts sucked. i wouldnt say great, it was ok as for a "first-timer". ok rating more on the downside though, this performance could be really improved. lets see how it sounds today.

Fucking finally.