Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Oct 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
It was still really awesome though, and the Gabriel did great. The crowd went crazy for him, and there was a long and loud ovation after he left the stage; everyone was all smiles, especially Chino.

great stuff. got chills just by reading it

JVell

Looking at the setlist for SF, they didn't play "Elite"?

shine down unshy

deftoolsys07

I doubt it with Vega now, but it seems Cheng Jr. could always step in for his father. Although he's obviously not skilled enough I'm sure but, who knows maybe when he's older. Just like Van Halen's kid started playing bass with them...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

TheShade1989

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Oct 11, 2012, 10:32 PM
I doubt it with Vega now, but it seems Cheng Jr. could always step in for his father. Although he's obviously not skilled enough I'm sure but, who knows maybe when he's older. Just like Van Halen's kid started playing bass with them...

Maybe, but how old is he? Presumably still doing school stuff, not gonna be able to tour all over the world and whatnot. Course it could be so wen he's older, but eh. As kwl as it is for his son to play with them, it's like he'd be playing bass with them purely because he's Chi's son rather than his talent.

Inkblades

That is absolutely awesome. He brings the energy to a performance just like Chi, too. I wonder how old he is.

deftoner664

For sure an awesome  moment to go down in deftones history having Gabe play...  Another noteworthy point, the guys seem like they are on-point with their overall performance.. Seems we are going to get just as much energy and quality performances like the DE tour. So pumped to see them at the end of this month in Detroit.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

shoop

the Tones are on fiyaa.. Nice to see other peeps from Michigan around here.

Playhouse

So amazing, love that he has the same vibe as chi did on stage. Felt so incredible watching this

deftoner664

Quote from: shoop on Oct 12, 2012, 01:00 AM

I'm from Ohio, but I'm making the trip to see them at the Royal Oak :) Love Michigan though.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

rufas

A few pics from the Warfield show, some friends of mine from San Fran were there.

Bza々

Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 12, 2012, 01:06 AM

I'm from Ohio, but I'm making the trip to see them at the Royal Oak :) Love Michigan though.

Ohio Crew holla (cbus)

Bza々

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Oct 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
The reason everyone looks confused is because a lame fight broke out in front of Gabriel in that picture. Not sure what happened but some chick started punching the guy in front of her repeatedly, and a bunch of security guys were trying to pull him out of the crowd. Really disappointing that they couldn't keep their composure during such a profound Deftones moment. It was still really awesome though, and Gabriel did great. The crowd went crazy for him, and there was a long and loud ovation after he left the stage; everyone was all smiles, especially Chino.

Much respect,
-Matt

Ya some dude posted a fight video from the event on YT. Silly cunts....

Playhouse

shoop

Quote from: deftoner664 on Oct 12, 2012, 01:06 AM

Nice, I saw them in Toledo in 06'.. i've never seen so many cops at the entrance of a show in my life.

Vesanic

Quote from: JVell on Oct 11, 2012, 09:14 PM
Looking at the setlist for SF, they didn't play "Elite"?

Nope, they didn't.

Could someone confirm the order of the SF setlist?

Vesanic

Rosemary and Leathers added to the San Francisco show post.

EDIT: Actually can't tell if that shot of Leathers is from the SF show or the Ventura one.

bewareofrats

Where's the videos for Riviere at?  Does anyone know if the whole thing including outro was performed this time?
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Vesanic

Nothing on YouTube yet. I doubt they played the outro, they probably kicked into Change again after the breakdown.

EDIT: Nope, the outro wasn't played.

bewareofrats

I hope they keep playing it and there's some good videos.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847