Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharmCityTonesLover

Funny you mention that about the cookie cutter thing because I literally just had this discussion with someone the other day.  One of the things aside from the music itself I always treasured about the Tones was they always put something different on stage every damn night with a few suprises along the way vs many bands who will play the same show every night on tour.  I totally get that you cannot play everything and please everyone but I guess with a growing catalog we can expect this.  Also they aren't getting any younger and have toned the onstage anticts down a notch depite the music growing and getting stronger.  I doubt it would ever happen but I would love seeing a tour somewhere down the road where instead of promoting new stuff they totally dust off old gems or even go the route of letting fans vote on a setlist.  Wishful thinking but I'll still be there regardless  ;D

Inkblades

I love what they play between Bloody Cape and Bored. Just pure ambient awesomeness.

gwenudo

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 27, 2012, 11:15 PM
I love what they play between Bloody Cape and Bored. Just pure ambient awesomeness.

If yoh think about it.. could be part of koi no yokan? ;)
Was it like it seemed?...

Inkblades

CharmCityTonesLover

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Oct 28, 2012, 12:07 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 27, 2012, 11:15 PM

If yoh think about it.. could be part of koi no yokan? ;)
Agreed.  I dig the sound

cesar421

Are they using the same intro song they used on the 1st leg of the white pony tour?

I feel like they will debut Swerve City next friday at Mexico City since it's a big festival.

iceache

Vesanic

Just the encore interlude. They do that all the time. Not going to be on KNY.

deftoner664

Yeah they played that interlude at Royal Oak too.. Much better than that live interlude they did during the DE tour.. Sounds like a harmonized loop effect coming from Steph and Sergio's guitar processors. Looks pretty sweet live with that dark green light shining down on Steph.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

gwenudo

The interlude they played is pretty awesome .. i wish it was on KNY but like ves said .. its not.. or atleast thats what i think now too .. but that little loop tapping thing is actually sergio and steff is playing that creepy elephant sound from his guitar with some effects .. at first i was like woahh .. i could be witnessing entombed from KNY .. but no :/ .. great interlude though <3
Was it like it seemed?...

CharmCityTonesLover

I didn't even realize last night until watching the full concert vid that HR was actually on stage when the band first came on with Diamond Eyes.  I was slightly stage left and obviously didn't notice at the show.

Vesanic

Sorry for not updating the shows posts with as many videos as I usually do, I've been moving a lot lately.

cesar421

Around The Fur turns 15 years today.
It would be great if they play that in its entirety.

pony_01

just cant believe Be Quiet and Drive is released 15 years ago.. O.o still my favorites

ignore the fashion

Quote from: cesar421 on Oct 29, 2012, 12:11 AM
Around The Fur turns 15 years today.
It would be great if they play that in its entirety.

That makes me feel that much older, I bought ATF first day it came out first thing as soon as Best Buy opened. I even ditched school with a friend and we both bought a copy.

N0S3BLEED976

Tonight's show in Boston and the one in NYC tomorrow have been officially cancelled.

https://twitter.com/chinomoreno/status/262967464751673344

Penicks

DAFTPUNK87

Here's a pretty cool full set from a couple nights ago. It's filmed from the crowd, but the sound is decent, video quality is good

Deftones - LIVE FULL SET - 2012 - Rams Head Live

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes