Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sharing Lungs, why the hate...?

Started by Blaze, Sep 23, 2012, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nineteen

The problem isn't with the opinions given, it's just the incredibly childish nature in which they're given and taken. Some people don't know how to constructively criticise or give valid opinions without reacting like an emotional retard and calling someone an Idiot etc.

Think before you speak (type). It really is that simple. Oh, and just be wise about what you post.

Blaze

Quote from: nineteen on Sep 23, 2012, 08:24 PM
The problem isn't with the opinions given, it's just the incredibly childish nature in which they're given and taken. Some people don't know how to constructively criticise or give valid opinions without reacting like an emotional retard and calling someone an Idiot etc.

Think before you speak (type). It really is that simple. Oh, and just be wise about what you post.

Nah, I'm not that type of person. I like to reserve opinions to myself, and even so, I respect other opinions too. Just sometimes it can be jarring to see a Deftones fan forum react a bit out of place when the band decides to do something different. Oh well, I know it's just concerned fans. You should've seen the Korn forums when they found out Korn was doing a dubstep album. It was beautiful chaos. lol

TheShade1989

Lol...I'm sorry but shut up. You make a post about how ppl are bashing certain albums and then TELL ppl that they're wrong? Music isnt science, it isnt full of facts, ppl just have different opinions. And it's a forum; do you expect ppl to not express their opinions just because it isnt positive?

Vesanic

Quote from: nineteen on Sep 23, 2012, 08:24 PM

blondie

blaze, what is your point of creating this topic? are you trying to convince everyone to think like you?

Cropduster

New to the board, but been a lurker/reader for a couple years, and I can see how a lot of negativity towards the band does get tiring. It's like the opposite of being a fanboy but equally as annoying.

I find it odd when people like everything a band does, but also find it strange when people are super critical of what they claim to be their favourite band. It's like saying you're a massive deftones fan, but aren't keen on anything they did after ATF, that'd be kinda weird.

I don't say I'm a deftones fan and force myself to like everything they do, I consider myself a deftones fan because I love their music, their records have soundtracked periods of my life from age 16 to now (28). I love the majority of their output, therefore they are my favourite band.

I always look forward to what deftones will do next. ATF is a great record, but I'd hate them to make ATF2.
How many days did it take man to create God?

dictatesofreason

exactly theres this one dude on here who keeps crticizing chinos voice live but he uploads every fucking show- picking and chooses what he thinks to be the bands best and worst. me, i like it all thers some stuff i dont like (likeMein) but that me in MHO, not as a definite fact.
idk maybe some people are just you know..THOSE people.

Blaze

Quote from: blondie on Sep 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
blaze, what is your point of creating this topic? are you trying to convince everyone to think like you?

Nope. Just hopefully open their minds a bit.

Jacob

differing opinions is only healthy on a message board. would be pretty boring if everyone always agreed on everything. but the problem SL has is that people tend to be pretty childish about it, and rage hard when someone has a different opinion than them. and the worst two kinds of people are, in my opinion, the fanboys who don't think the band can do anything wrong and get their panties in a bunch when someone says something negative, as well as the self-proclaimed experts who are never satisfied and think everything the band does is crap (hi, Ves).
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

sing blue silver

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 24, 2012, 06:49 PM
exactly theres this one dude on here who keeps crticizing chinos voice live but he uploads every fucking show- picking and chooses what he thinks to be the bands best and worst.

Whoever could you mean?

dictatesofreason

lostpilot

For what it's worth, this ain't "hate", it's arguing about something that every member here is passionate about.
So, opinions.

However, teenagers will bring the music/band argument too far and will make it personal (especially when incapable to comprehend that another human being might have a completely different opinion about something). And then it gets dirty.

Play safe?
However, sometimes it's just trolling. This is the internet, get over it.

dictatesofreason

one weak

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 24, 2012, 08:26 PM
tell that to vesanik
Ironically, your argument is growing increasingly weaker due to the fact that V has done 75% of the legwork and volunteered his time to compile the majority of the live footage seen here. Your incessant bullshit is tiring, and I for one look forward to continued updates of shows and rare uploads from all the folks around here who put forth a hell of a lot more effort than myself....regardless of their opinions.

blondie

Quote from: Blaze on Sep 24, 2012, 07:04 PM
Quote from: blondie on Sep 24, 2012, 05:36 PM

Nope. Just hopefully open their minds a bit.

i suppose you're the authority on opening minds for people. did you ever think for a second that there's something you passionately dislike that other people love? how about you open your mind to those things before trying to preach holier than thou bs to others?

BillyNo.9

Every time the band gain popularity more new dick riders who insist everything is amazong, just theres quite a few this time around.
Also they should stop being un-intellectual fanboys hating on V. Yeah some people on here have had shit with him in the past, thats fair enough, they have their own reasons I'm assuming, but all the new guys going off on him for being a little cynical, that don't appreciate all the archived stuff he's uploaded just pisses me off. It just makes me think they've made no attempt to actually try and witness some of the deftones' best shows.

sing blue silver

I'm just glad they're still making music. It doesn't quite bring everyone the same enjoyment it brings me when they take these different creative paths, but THAT'S OKAY! I can't even believe we have to have this thread. Can we all just shut the fuck up now? If you see stupid posts, just don't read them.

ZackND

link=topic=19776.msg778144#msg778144 date=1348525384]
Every time the band gain popularity more new dick riders who insist everything is amazong, just theres quite a few this time around.
Also they should stop being un-intellectual fanboys hating on V. Yeah some people on here have had shit with him in the past, thats fair enough, they have their own reasons I'm assuming, but all the new guys going off on him for being a little cynical, that don't appreciate all the archived stuff he's uploaded just pisses me off. It just makes me think they've made no attempt to actually try and witness some of the deftones' best shows.
[/quote]

hey billyocean no9. you sound pissed. This shit keeps you up at night, huh? but you're right that dude does post some awesome shows.

Vesanic

My contribution doesn't have a place in that debate. I just would like people to accept the fact that disliking Diamond Eyes and Leathers is in no way a mark of dumbassery, and that if I've been posting lots of negative shit lately, it's only because the new stuff doesn't please me the way their previous work did, not because I hate them. I don't hate this band, for fuck's sake. Why would I do all that shit if I actually did? I love this band, they changed my life and helped make the person I am today, and for that, I'll be eternally grateful. This is why I keep tracking their live shows and will still give their future releases a shot. I just have the feeling they're not the same band anymore. Not only because of Chi, something in their sound has disappeared. Well, that's my take on it at any rate. You disagree? Fine, if you love Diamond Eyes, I respect that and I'll never call you a moron for that. Diamond Eyes is a brilliant record, the music has lots of passionate work behind it, it's better than most of the stuff you can hear out there. It is just not Deftones to me, at all, and just like you, I have the right to have my opinion, based on what I see as solid arguments.

People need to understand that being a Deftones doesn't imply that you should fawn every single fucking thing they do. They need to be able to admit when Chino messes live performances up, and they need to understand that a song is not good only because it was made by them. Being a fan of an artist also implies you have to remain true to your opinions, positive AND negative ones, and that means you must be able to admit when they fuck something up, to you. People seem to think I come off as a douche and say their new shit sucks only for the sake of it. Come on, be realistic for a fucking second, if that was my way to analyze music in general, White Pony would have never had the impact it had on me, and not only the pony.

I'm not a hater, I'm a true Deftones fan, I'll still buy their new shit, I'll still go to their shows, but don't expect me to like every fucking move from them. If I think something is good, I'll say it's good to me, if I think it's not that good, I'll say it too. As simple as that. We should praise each damn note they play only because it's them? You know, nazism process was a bit similar.

Think about it. Open your mind to other people's opinions.

DeftonesNZ

Fair enough V much respect to you.