Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chi

Started by Sugartolove, Apr 14, 2013, 01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

Also Teething if I recall correctly

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Digital_Lotion77

I always stood infront of Chi when I saw them live except back in 2006 when I got to the show a bit late and couldn't claim the spot and in 2007; I was in crutches so I couldn't do GA. In 2007 was the last time I saw Chi Cheng live in NYC.
He was always a delight to watch live. He played his bass and turned it around him effortless and with no mistake. He totally rocked. When he scream his lungs out during some songs, it was such a powerful scene. His presence onstage was definitely felt.

As a Deftones fan, I'll forver have Chi Cheng in my heart. Thank you for the great music and for the live shows I enjoyed watching you.
Rest in peace because you deserve it! We'll miss you but we'll never forget you!
One Love For Chi Cheng FOREVER!♥

deftoneseba

Quote from: Hidalgo on Apr 21, 2013, 02:03 AM
does anyone know ALL the studio songs Chi does backup vocals on? i know engine no.9 & needles & pins for sure, but i'm sure there's a few more. i should know this as diehard as i am, but i don't
Minus Blindfold.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

defTHE1s

Quote from: deftoneseba on Apr 21, 2013, 03:01 PM
does anyone know ALL the studio songs Chi does backup vocals on? i know engine no.9 & needles & pins for sure, but i'm sure there's a few more. i should know this as diehard as i am, but i don't
Minus Blindfold.
Can't Even breathe too?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

gwenudo

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 22, 2013, 02:10 AM
Minus Blindfold.
Can't Even breathe too?

How can you guys forget headup?? Soulfly!!! Fly high!!!!
Was it like it seemed?...

DeftonesNZ

Isn't that max cavalera?

mothraw

i guess it depends on live and Studio stuff!
does anybody know the exact words he was screaming on needles and Pins?

gwenudo

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Apr 22, 2013, 11:43 AM
Isn't that max cavalera?

Yes but cho was so good at this song live! Wish i couldve seen it.. so much energy and emotion he put into it
Was it like it seemed?...

defTHE1s

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Apr 22, 2013, 11:37 AM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 22, 2013, 02:10 AM
Minus Blindfold.
Can't Even breathe too?

How can you guys forget headup?? Soulfly!!! Fly high!!!!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Nebontha

The day that I have feared for 3 and a half years has come to pass...
Rest In Peace Chi Cheng.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

BillyNo.9

Chi's voice on Bored.

richardro

I have a question, was Chi's body cremated?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: richardro on May 02, 2013, 06:41 PM
I don't know but I think I know why you're asking that picture is of a fireplace next to a pool, cremators looks way different they're like sealed all sides and just have a door at one end and weird trays to collect the ashes.

cvthedrv

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 02, 2013, 11:11 PM
Quote from: richardro on May 02, 2013, 06:41 PM
I don't know but I think I know why you're asking that picture is of a fireplace next to a pool, cremators looks way different they're like sealed all sides and just have a door at one end and weird trays to collect the ashes.

but in relation with the spirituality of chi, i think that him would prefer that, maybe im wrong.

DeftonesNZ

Maybe I don't know what Buddhist do I'm just saying that's not a crematorium like people are saying.

976-EVIL

According to the Theravada tradition, Buddhists cremate the body of the departed. However, in some Buddhist cultures burial is preferred if the parents of the diseased are still among the living. This is more of a cultural practice than one with any significant Buddhist meaning.

The cremation symbolizes a sense of detachment in that, the soul of the departed is set free from bondage. Buddhists believe that attachment towards the dead is detrimental to the progress of the soul in seeking a new life after death. Buddhists believe in Samsara (cycle of birth and death) until they reach salvation through Nirvana.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

976-EVIL

As I understand the custom, but as for Chi I am not sure...

Just miss the guy...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

richardro

Actually I found this page and it says Burial : Cremated

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=108446946

IN WAVES

I Google Chi's name every now and again. It's hard to believe he's left the living. I'm glad he was a good, religious man. I'm sure he's at peace in the afterlife.

I'm listening to some of their live music from when Chi was still with them. Those screams were awesome. Say it ain't so. Rest in peace, Chi.

RoyBiggins

Chi, you were the real main man, Rest in peace