Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Palms Tour

Started by ignore the fashion, May 12, 2013, 12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

Nothing new here, I was just wondering who all is planning to going to one of the 4 shows.

Jul 10 2013 - Belly Up Tavern - San Diego, CA
Jul 11 2013 - The Observatory - Santa Ana, CA
Jul 12 2013 - Troubadour - Los Angeles, CA
Jul 13 2013 - Slim's - San Francisco, CA

I will be going to the show at the Belly Up and I plan to record the entire Palms performance on my phone, its an HTC One S and so it records in HD and I have used it to record a local band and it actually came out a lot better than I expected it to.

So pretty much the point of this thread is to see who is going to what show and if you plan to record or not?

I think it would be pretty cool to get multiple sources of every show, since there are only 4 dates I image that wouldn't be very hard to do.

scarywindow

Quote from: ignore the fashion on May 12, 2013, 12:14 AM
Nothing new here, I was just wondering who all is planning to going to one of the 4 shows.

I will be going to the show at the Belly Up and I plan to record the entire Palms performance on my phone, its an HTC One S and so it records in HD and I have used it to record a local band and it actually came out a lot better than I expected it to.

So pretty much the point of this thread is to see who is going to what show and if you plan to record or not?

I think it would be pretty cool to get multiple sources of every show, since there are only 4 dates I image that wouldn't be very hard to do.

thank you.  the east coast is very jealous, so you recording the show is completely ace, my friend.  thank you.  i definitely cannot wait to catch them live.  or to hear their record for that matter.  i'm very, very impressed with the 2 songs we've heard and the now-removed Amazon samples that we've heard. 

Tavo805

Quote from: ignore the fashion on May 12, 2013, 12:14 AM

Im going to 3 of the 4 shows and i plan to record the whole shows. I think its a great idea to get different sources

defsteve

Just added as main support to System of a Down at Hollywood Bowl on July 29th.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Deadradio

I'll be at the Troubador show. I'm going to try to tape it if I can. It's sold out and I've never been there so I don't know how the security issue will be.

nicklav

Quote from: Deadradio on May 31, 2013, 07:33 PM
I'll be at the Troubador show. I'm going to try to tape it if I can. It's sold out and I've never been there so I don't know how the security issue will be.

It's a small place. Your best bet would be to record it from the balcony section, which is still insanely close to the stage.

I'll be there as well.

all3n_y

I'll be going to the show in San Francisco. I will be traveling all the way from Texas. Does anyone know of a decent place to stay in San Fran that won't break the bank?

Robotsatemygrandma

Dang... I just found out the new album dropped!

I don't know why the Tones and their side projects always end up opening for System. System of a Down isn't even relevant anymore, not too mention they absolutely suck ass now...

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Jun 29, 2013, 08:24 PM
Dang... I just found out the new album dropped!

I don't know why the Tones and their side projects always end up opening for System. System of a Down isn't even relevant anymore, not too mention they absolutely suck ass now...

They tour together because they get along so well and respect each other. SOAD hasn't put out an album in almost a decade so how do they suck ass now? I saw some videos of their recent live shows and I thought they sounded great...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

luisch

I'm so anxious to see what they gonna play. In a recent interview. Harris said they will play new tunes.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Tavo805

Quote from: luisch on Jun 30, 2013, 12:25 AM
I'm so anxious to see what they gonna play. In a recent interview. Harris said they will play new tunes.

Hopefully! I'll be recording to share with you guys!