Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Arrested Development

Started by jbmp1390, May 16, 2013, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbmp1390

New episodes on Netflix in 10 days. I cannot wait for this. I hope that it hasn't lost it's magic.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Jacob

I'm currently rewatching the whole series, highly anticipating the new episodes. I too am worried it will not be the same, but what the hell. I doubt it will be bad. It'll be weird to see how everyone has aged however.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

chick de la lynch

I'm pretty fucking excited, however the day it airs is the same day I graduate college. I'll pretty much be daydreaming about the Bluth family during the whole ceremony and not really care that it is one of the biggest days of my life.

Penicks

i just started watching it after being on my list for a few years, i'm three episodes down and i think it's pretty weak, does it get better

tarkil

I think it's awesome, keep going, I cannot imagine you not liking it...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

bright lights, big city

right on, this is one of the greatest comedies of all time. only one more week till season 4!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

Yeah man, this is a show I will never get tired of. Hell, I still find new little jokes and stuff all over the place. I had never even watched the "next time on Arrested Developement" until this time, because I always turned it off not to spoil anything. Little did I know they were actually an extension of the current episode.

only pieces remain

only pieces remain

no one else has watched this yet?

bright lights, big city

not yet, I've been out of town all weekend. Plan on watching 1 or 2 tomorrow.

Also contemplating taking my time with this season and spreading it out, instead of the normal binge watching (like House of Cards). But we'll see how long that lasts, haha.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

I've watched 5 episodes so far. I will reserve my judgement until I'm done.

But yeah, anus tart. Funniest moment yet.

only pieces remain

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 27, 2013, 11:59 PM
not yet, I've been out of town all weekend. Plan on watching 1 or 2 tomorrow.

Also contemplating taking my time with this season and spreading it out, instead of the normal binge watching (like House of Cards). But we'll see how long that lasts, haha.

I've watched it all twice through now. I strongly advise against taking your time with it and suggest watching it back to back to back all at once. Because of the way the new episodes are set up and are interconnected and running concurrently with one another, youd lose or forget bits and pieces of prior episodes that are relevant to the current ep you are watching.

Plus the first 3 start off really slow and might discourage you. It picks up after the 4th episode.

Tobias and gobs first episodes are my fav of the new season

Jacob

Slight spoilers below:

Done with the season now. I have to admit, at first and for a good few episodes I was disappointed. The whole deal with episodes dedicated to one person at a time felt weird, and there just wasn't very much going on. And the characters all seemed to have changed so much. But about half-way through it picked up the pace a bit, and the last few episodes were pure hilarity. Really, this is like one long movie that needs to be watched from start to finish. It all comes together and you pick up on things from the early episodes all over the place. My favorites were the ones with Gob, Maeby and Buster.

I still feel like some of the characters have changed a lot, and/or aren't portrayed as they used to. George Sr was very forgettable. They didn't have enough fun with Oscar/George, something that was hilarious in the old episodes but largely wasted here. Buster had too little screen time, even though his character was probably the one that was most intact. Michael was pretty much boring throughout the whole thing, and didn't feel like the old Michael much at all. Tobias was awesome as always, but also felt a bit different. He was dumber and more insightful at the same time. Hard to explain. But the old Tobias felt more desperate and removed from reality.

So I'm guessing they're doing a season 5 as well?

sing blue silver

With the way it ended there must be another season coming.

Gaseus Maximus

No chicken dance?  Pure fail.

chick de la lynch

I felt like taking my time with the season gave me a chance to spot the recurring themes and inside jokes. I don't think I can sit through all 15 episodes in one sitting.

The first few episodes were disappointing, but it definitely gained traction as it progressed. I was talking about this with defskull, and the show works better as an ensemble. I commend the writers for going a different route and focusing on one character per episode. Each character is quirky in their own way and they compliment each other beautifully, but when you have an off-the-wall character like Tobias you need another character to work with him otherwise it comes off a little too creepy.

It would really fucking suck if they didn't make another season or movie.