Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Live Volume 2

Started by III, Sep 20, 2013, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Nice try Sly you can't april fool me!
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

slyartwork

You know I already fooled you right? Like a while back with that self build cover
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

thewanderer

yeah i was just giving you shit for that. I mean its one thing to make a fake album cover but to assemble some tracks and release it, that's just cold dude.....
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

slyartwork

April fool....

...this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvdgB-lRvvE

this:

this:

and this:

was brought to you by http://www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones Dutchdeftones - Deftones archive
and http://www.facebook.com/MrVesanique-1-source-for-Deftones-live-stuff/  MrVesanique [#1 source for Deftones live stuff]

peterdigiacomo

Been following Mr. V's posts on FB, and had me going there. Was pretty hyped for the release haha. Album art looks legit!

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I'll admit album art had me fooled but then I heard it and released it was fan made there's no way they would use that buzzy version of Dai and I recognised it was from a show V had a while back that he said he loved, Glasgow I think anyway the one where people are throwing shit at Chino and he does that "big window crack" cover thing at the start of a song so it seemed weird when he said it was unheard, not to mention the warner nazis didn't rush in and get it removed lol

sing blue silver

Hahaha. I had a feeling this wasn't real but the two of you combining efforts for a joke that fooled so many people is pretty impressive. Kudos to you.

cvthedrv

Penicks

yeah, the song selection pretty much gave it away

Romain

Yeah I thought Dai the Flu might give it away. But we really tried our best to have the best sounding tracks from all the shit we had, and this is what turned out to be chosen.

Seriously though, I wish it would happen, I think it's abandoned forever.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Romain on Apr 02, 2014, 11:40 AM
Yeah I thought Dai the Flu might give it away. But we really tried our best to have the best sounding tracks from all the shit we had, and this is what turned out to be chosen.

Seriously though, I wish it would happen, I think it's abandoned forever.

When I first heard about the vinyl live project I thought it seemed particularly ambitious for Deftones. A part of me always wondered how far into it they would get before abandoning the idea. I figured they'd at least get out more than one before fucking off. Deftones sure are the kings of wanting to do something cool for the fans and then just being like "fuck it". Guess we'll never get all those sweet sweet ST and SNW live cuts.

Romain

I know! I mean, for Deftones to put actual interest in putting their live stuff out, yeah, it seemed big from the start. When Adrenaline came out, I just really thought it would go on. Giving up on it like that after starting is pretty much a horrible buzzkill. IF it's what happened, then I'm really surprised, in the bad way.

I wonder if it's just because something kept them too busy. If so, it can't just be the fact they want to write new music, they knew they would at some point when they had the idea of the live series.

shoop

If only someone would ask them in their next interview, instead of the same generic questions.

DeftonesNZ

Probably happens to these guys because when they come up with these ideas they want to execute themselves, so for this they would physically sift through all the recordings and find the one's they liked rather than have someone else do it, which is great quality wise but means stuff doesn't always get done which sucks

Shadow46/2

Damn... What an elaborate prank. Still, I enjoyed listening regardless. Good job guys.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

sing blue silver

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Apr 02, 2014, 10:32 PM
Probably happens to these guys because when they come up with these ideas they want to execute themselves, so for this they would physically sift through all the recordings and find the one's they liked rather than have someone else do it, which is great quality wise but means stuff doesn't always get done which sucks

Chino had mentioned in some interviews a while ago that he'd already gone through all the material. For the most part all the selections were made or narrowed down. A bunch of pictures of the tapes of old shows were put up on twitter and such I believe. I think they just fucked off and forgot about it honestly. Also the cost of producing 7 series of vinyls was probably just not worth it to them. It's just another Entertain Me (the leak doesn't count as a release), live dvd, Eros (though not quite) situation. Shouldn't we all be used to this by now? Deftones are masters of the tease without delivering.

EDIT: Not to say I don't appreciate the vast selection of material we DO have from the band or that I'm all butthurt that shit like this happens. I just learned not to really get my hopes up or to take these things too seriously at this point. Sometimes shit just doesn't come to fruition for whatever reason.

cvthedrv

this is the best prank ever, seriously i've enjoy it so much!

slyartwork

I think the only material he checked out where some DAT and cassette tapes he got from Wedge (old sound guy) and those where just 1995-1996 tapes. Just assuming and that the others yet have to be picked from other sources.

FlyingPiranha

Prank or not, could someone put this up on Mediafire or something? It's really well done and I'd love to have it in my collection.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

pinata89

So....why not "fool" us a little more and go ahead and do your "jokes" for White Pony thru Koi No Yokan... I don't think any of us will be butt-hurt over that... ;D