countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvthedrv

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 20, 2016, 12:27 AM
I think Gore could be the album title..

here's a tweet chino made last year..

"Martin Gore has written more songs than any other human dead or alive"

dude, that statement is even true?, have he written more songs compared to morrissey or somebody else?

maybe my question is silly, but i really dont know it.

thewanderer

Regardless of the validity of that statement, Martin Gore being the inspiration for the title would follow the M.O. and along with the literal meaning maybe it's meant to be a double entendre?
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

shoop

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jan 20, 2016, 01:43 AM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Jan 20, 2016, 12:27 AM
I think Gore could be the album title..

here's a tweet chino made last year..

"Martin Gore has written more songs than any other human dead or alive"

dude, that statement is even true?, have he written more songs compared to morrissey or somebody else?

maybe my question is silly, but i really dont know it.
Don't listen to 'sharinglungs'.. the last few posts from him have been completely wrong. The real quote.. "Martin Gore has written more songs than any other human dead or alive that I've connected with" source: https://twitter.com/chinomoreno/status/682007811090325505

Val

Speaking of tweets, Chino just posted these Smiths lyrics
At the record company party
On their hands - a dead star
The sycophantic slags all say :
"I knew him first, and I knew him well"

I could be reading too much into this but.....
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/smiths/paintavulgarpicture.html

Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
Double pack with a photograph
Extra Track (and a tacky badge)
A-list, playlist

Jesus2Chino

Not that this matters 'cause nothing is confirmed yet, but just to add to the potential validity of the title, I know Chino is a big fan of Bohren & der Club of Gore. It wouldn't be the first time he titled something after a song or musician he was a fan of, so...yeah...please just announce something already, haha.
Much respect,
-Matt

Eros TBA

Quote from: plagasx on Jan 20, 2016, 01:24 AM
I wish they would bring back the script font like ATF, WP and S/T.. It was so sexy and went much better with their style.
White Pony had its own dope font...the depeche mode style

RaptureWS

You know it's bad when At The Drive In releases a new song before Deftones........http://www.atthedriveinmusic.com/

Not sure if a full ATDI song is coming today but it sure looks that way. SMH.....
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: RaptureWS on Jan 21, 2016, 01:51 PM
You know it's bad when At The Drive in releases a new song before Deftones........http://www.atthedriveinmusic.com/

This is amazing!

neur0tic

I'm getting really impatient. And it's gotten to the point where I've been having dreams every night of their new album. Even if it's just a 30 second tidbit off a single... hurry...  :-[

N0S3BLEED976

Vine from Sergio. Nice acoustic guitar riff with a spooky sample underneath. Maybe it's from a new song, which would then actually be the first Deftones song to feature an acoustic guitar. (No, Teenager is not a Deftones song). Perhaps the dog emojis refer to Stephen, since we all know Sergio among others usually refer to him as "Dogg"...
https://twitter.com/SmurffedOut/status/690202144742477824?s=09

Vesanic

EDIT : Fooool'd

theataraxian

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jan 21, 2016, 04:38 PM
Vine from Sergio. Nice acoustic guitar riff with a spooky sample underneath. Maybe it's from a new song, which would then actually be the first Deftones song to feature an acoustic guitar. (No, Teenager is not a Deftones song). Perhaps the dog emojis refer to Stephen, since we all know Sergio among others usually refer to him as "Dogg"...
https://twitter.com/SmurffedOut/status/690202144742477824?s=09

lol, that's "Dogs" by Pink Floyd.
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: theataraxian on Jan 21, 2016, 05:09 PM

Oh shit. Never been a Pink Floyd fan, sorry

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jan 21, 2016, 05:11 PM
Quote from: theataraxian on Jan 21, 2016, 05:09 PM

Oh shit. Never been a Pink Floyd fan, sorry

You should be.  That Animals album is classic.  It's a little nod to George Orwell's Animal Farm.  The Dogs are military, the Pigs are politicians, and the Sheep are us.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Vesanic

Hahaha damn

I've always liked them a lot but I can't say I'm an expert. Fool'd

Inkblades

Dogs is an amazing, amazing song.

RaptureWS

Stephen did an interview at the ESP booth during the NAMM 2016 show about 30 mins ago. I didn't see it myself but it was streaming. He said the album drops *April 8th*. Apparently he said it like it was no big deal and it was old news......I imagine the interview will be up on Youtube in the next day or two.

Val

I guess what I was told was correct then. Maybe we can expect an announcement tonight/tomorrow.

RaptureWS

I hope so. I know the band doesn't owe me/the rest of us anything but this lack of transparency is really aggravating. For me and surely many of the others on this board, new Deftones music/tour announcements/etc is like a big life event. When I heard a single was coming out on the 15th I was stoked beyond belief. Since then that article (which wasn't even official, it was posted by a radio station) was taken down and we have heard absolutely nothing since. We get a tracklist and an album name that could be real or fake with no announcement or confirmation from the band. I check this forum and a few other sites 20 times a day or more. I go to bed each night disappointed. Maybe that's just a problem with me. Maybe I need other stuff to look forward to lol. Deftones have always been my favorite band though and it's not even close. I just wish we would hear a date for a single or a date for an announcement. Maybe I'm crazy....

Inkblades