Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sicario

I posted this interview link in the Deftones interview thread and it didn't find any traction. Then I found it here  :-[

Disclaimer: This is not a serious post.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Reichward

Can someone tell what format is the audio of Prayers/Triangles delivered with the pre-orders? I hope it's not just mp3.

EDIT: also the checkout gives two shipping options: "standard" and "courier", the later being more expensive. What difference is there between the two?

Knucklestones

Quote from: Reichward on Feb 21, 2016, 01:06 AM
Can someone tell what format is the audio of Prayers/Triangles delivered with the pre-orders? I hope it's not just mp3.

EDIT: also the checkout gives two shipping options: "standard" and "courier", the later being more expensive. What difference is there between the two?
Shipping delivery times. The more expensive one would get it to you the day the album comes out.

B0RNtoR0CK

After reading the above interview it does not sound good...

-Steph wasn't into it
-Found it difficult to play metal in this album
-Feels the band is leaving him

Also, apparently the whole mixing process was problematic, which is why the album took a long time to be mixed. I guess other mixers were involved but at the end they settled with Matt. (BTW I don't like how the cymbals in prayers/triangles pierce my ears. And the kick drum disappears throughout the mix)

Oh, well I'm still optimistic.

defsteve

No idea. Ordered on February 5th and still waiting for the downlink link in my account. Says 'pending'
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

musteatbrains

None of them can really afford to leave the band, especially at this point in their careers, but Stephen is best situated as he brings so much to the band and doesn't have the same responsibilities as the rest.  At this point, these albums are mandatory to keep touring.  To still have such severe creative differences, to the point where band members want to leave, is just bad for business.  Their mgmt should help them see the big picture and encourage those side projects to let them pursue their creative endeavors and protect deftones for what it is. 

BallZDeeP

anyone see this shit? I'm not buyin it

Deftones - Hearts/Wires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKLRS4ZpAc&feature=youtu.be

chuckles

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Feb 21, 2016, 05:12 AM
anyone see this shit? I'm not buyin it

Deftones - Hearts/Wires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKLRS4ZpAc&feature=youtu.be

Pretty badass... Just play the waiting game...
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

ANattyRat

Hidalgo

big reason why i have 0 excitement for Jerry being on the album, is just what Stef said, it'll never be played live. so odd they've been around so long and none of them can solo. i think Stephen can a bit, but refuses. he made it clear he's not even gonna attempt to learn Jerry's solo on phantom bride. i have no idea why he won't just lay a moderate difficulty solo on 1 song ever, to get that monkey off their back. he doesn't even practice. at this point it's pretty much 100% he'll never do it

there is always "answers", and sort of one on "goon squad" (sounds like Chino solo on GS, but i dunno)

DefAlx

Quote from: defsteve on Feb 21, 2016, 02:56 AM

No idea. Ordered on February 5th and still waiting for the downlink link in my account. Says 'pending'

I pre-ordered 180 gram LP from Warner and got mp3 version of Prayers/Triangles immediately.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: DefAlx on Feb 21, 2016, 08:18 AM

I pre-ordered 180 gram LP from Warner and got mp3 version of Prayers/Triangles immediately.

Same here.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

UrZ*

I just came here to say the drumpatterns on Prayers/Triangles are sick as FUCK

666th post
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

Slacker

i loved steph's interview.

he will always tell it how it is.

cvthedrv

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Feb 21, 2016, 09:09 AM

Same here.

me too

beansandcornbread

Quote from: cvthedrv on Feb 21, 2016, 05:18 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Feb 21, 2016, 09:09 AM

Same here.

me too

I did as well.  320 mp3

cEvin Key

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Feb 21, 2016, 02:40 AM

-Steph wasn't into it

Also, apparently the whole mixing process was problematic, which is why the album took a long time to be mixed. I guess other mixers were involved but at the end they settled with Matt. (BTW I don't like how the cymbals in prayers/triangles pierce my ears. And the kick drum disappears throughout the mix)

Im actually not a big fan of the mix/mastering for this song, I feel like there is no low end, the sound is too "thin" the cymbals sound to high the snare sounds distorted and not high enough. can hardly hear the kick and bass drum and the guitars are not thick enough... except from chinos voice everything else sounds thin and distorted. I'm surprised with that with the resources they have and with how long they took to mix it it ended up sound like this. I hope the rest of the record sounds better because this is keeping me from fully enjoying the song.

pelican fly

Quote from: cEvin Key on Feb 21, 2016, 08:34 PM
Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Feb 21, 2016, 02:40 AM

-Steph wasn't into it

Im actually not a big fan of the mix/mastering for this song, I feel like there is no low end, the sound is too "thin" the cymbals sound to high the snare sounds distorted and not high enough. can hardly hear the kick and bass drum and the guitars are not thick enough... except from chinos voice everything else sounds thin and distorted. I'm surprised with that with the resources they have and with how long they took to mix it it ended up sound like this. I hope the rest of the record sounds better because this is keeping me from fully enjoying the song.

I agree. I like the song but it just doesn't sound "full" enough and some things seem to get lost. I don't know. I only heard it a  few times and I might need some new headphones.

defsteve

me too

Did either of you order from UK store ? Also, how did you get the download ? Was there a link in the order email or was it in Download section of your account on the site ?

I haven't had any email link and still says 'Pending' in account Download section :(
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

cvthedrv

Quote from: defsteve on Feb 22, 2016, 09:23 PM

me too

Did either of you order from UK store ? Also, how did you get the download ? Was there a link in the order email or was it in Download section of your account on the site ?

I haven't had any email link and still says 'Pending' in account Download section :(

it was on the email, but dude chill out, the mp3 sounds flat as fuck, as well as the official audio video.