Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reichward

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 15, 2016, 07:30 PM
maybe gregorerio can give us a hint
He deleted his account. Guess he gave us enough hints.

Phantasmagoria

I believe this is fake but does anyone know what this is lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93vmPlkMSPk

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Feb 15, 2016, 08:33 AM
Smile > Prayers/triangles

agree or disagree?

Personally, I consider Smile to be one of the greatest Deftones songs of all time, if not the greatest.  I absolutely love that song.

So yeah, I agree.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: Phantasmagoria on Feb 16, 2016, 12:12 AM

pretty sure that channel's uploaded fake stuff before...prob just some post-rock band

mono

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 16, 2016, 01:46 AM
Quote from: Phantasmagoria on Feb 16, 2016, 12:12 AM

pretty sure that channel's uploaded fake stuff before...prob just some post-rock band

Well, according to the track lenghts on Gore's wiki xenon is 3:11, not the 5 minutes of this track.

Reichward

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Feb 16, 2016, 12:43 AM
Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Feb 15, 2016, 08:33 AM
Smile > Prayers/triangles

agree or disagree?

Personally, I consider Smile to be one of the greatest Deftones songs of all time, if not the greatest.  I absolutely love that song.

So yeah, I agree.
Same here, Prayers is a very nice song, but Smile is just incredible.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

defsteve

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 09, 2016, 03:55 AM
Quote from: laurapalmer on Feb 09, 2016, 03:38 AM
Someone on Reddit said the Cantrell track is definitely Phantom Bride and it's being remixed in prep as the radio single

can you link us the post

Chino confirmed on that Daniel P Carter podcast that Jerry Cantrell plays on Phantom Bride.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: defsteve on Feb 16, 2016, 04:25 PM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 09, 2016, 03:55 AM
Quote from: laurapalmer on Feb 09, 2016, 03:38 AM
Someone on Reddit said the Cantrell track is definitely Phantom Bride and it's being remixed in prep as the radio single

can you link us the post

Chino confirmed on that Daniel P Carter podcast that Jerry Cantrell plays on Phantom Bride.

already listened to the interview but thanks since it was like an hour long lol

Shadow46/2

Interview link?

Edit: nvm

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

E-Money

Did I get from that interview that LMILR is heavy as fuck? I had it on in the background as I was working so was kinda listening with one ear.. I think that's what Daniel said...

XJohnnyX

I really want an instrumental of prayers / triangles i enjoy it

stu_101

New deftones merch 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbloodycape

Quote from: stu_101 on Feb 16, 2016, 08:00 PM
[IMG] New deftones mech 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I need a pair of steph's cargo shorts

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reichward

Quote from: E-Money on Feb 16, 2016, 05:29 PM
Did I get from that interview that LMILR is heavy as fuck? I had it on in the background as I was working so was kinda listening with one ear.. I think that's what Daniel said...
I can confirm that he said that. The heaviest on the album.

laurapalmer

Also appears that by all accounts everyone is onboard with Hearts and Wires

jlaggot

Long time reader here but I had to throw out there that Chino basically confirmed in the interview that he threw out the picture of Martin Gore on twitter to troll all of us. Everyone say hi to lurker Chino!

deftoner664

Good bits from the Podcast

Chino said the 12th track was cut because it didn't fit and flow with the rest of the album, but was one of his favorite tracks of the record.

Acid Hologram : Julee Cruise and Meshuggah inspired (in the opinion of podcast interviewer) - balance of crushing and ethereal sound... dark lyrical content.

Pittura Infamante: Lyrical content is linked to calling someone out/shaming someone..." inspired by paintings and murals from ages ago;used to express how someone has done something wrong or shameful. Also linked with how modern day media does this with celebrities (in the opinion of the interviewer).

L(MIRL): considered the heaviest track and has a Bjork influence coming through (I guess vocally).

Xenon: Has a direct connection to the video game because of the electronic 80's video game inspired sounds in the song.

Hearts & Wires: Interviewers favorite song... Chino denotes it as a strong point of the record and bumps up the record a notch.

Chino talks about Sergio's use of the Fender VI baritone guitar filling in a broader range of frequencies of the record against Stephens low tuned guitars; ultimately complimenting their sound and expanding it.

Phantom Bride: "an unconventional left turn" according to Chino.. Jerry Cantrell's spot light for the guitar solo.

Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

HooiserBowhunter

The interview seems pretty informative. I like Prayers/triangles, but its just kind of ok for me. I am really looking forward to hearing Acid Hologram as well as the rest of the album. Hopefully we get a second single before the album release.