Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftjess

I know its not a big deal, but P/T video has alot of dislikes for deftones video.And it just came out 

beansandcornbread

Quote from: deftjess on Feb 19, 2016, 06:48 PM
I know its not a big deal, but P/T video has alot of dislikes for deftones video.And it just came out 

.0008%

snw9

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 19, 2016, 02:09 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Feb 19, 2016, 11:27 AM
Quote from: luisch on Feb 19, 2016, 05:10 AM
Quote from: King Leer on Feb 19, 2016, 02:11 AM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Feb 19, 2016, 01:06 AM
best working title = dwarf dicks

i've been wondering which one might that be.

Same here, that loop is hypnotic.

From what era is this?

from the current era -- 2014 to be exact

! No longer available

(you can see the title on the whiteboard to the top left)

Thanks a lot I recall seeing this video earlier, didn't know its title.
Code: [Select]

bewareofrats

According to Warner Music Switzerland website the new album is 48:14.  The track lengths are on there.  Who knows how reliable that site is.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

ANattyRat

No particularly long songs. Still, (L)MIRL being five minutes long instead of less than two minutes long, like Wikipedia said, is good news, especially with it being the heaviest song on the album.

digital bath

Quote from: bewareofrats on Feb 20, 2016, 08:00 AM
According to Warner Music Switzerland website the new album is 48:14.  The track lengths are on there.  Who knows how reliable that site is.

Are you from Switzerland?

snw9

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 20, 2016, 10:18 AM
No particularly long songs. Still, (L)MIRL being five minutes long instead of less than two minutes long, like Wikipedia said, is good news, especially with it being the heaviest song on the album.
Code: [Select]

Freedomsoldier17

its cool having a reliable piece of info about the song times now

m1nusblindfoLd

So apparently Stef didnt like how the album was turning out, at least at the start, and it was hard for him to finish it all. Also, he says him and the band have been going different directions and that they started "leaving him"?? Sounds odd...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/deftones_guitarist_and_co-founder_stephen_carpenter_talks_to_ug_i_didnt_want_to_play_on_the_new_record.html?no_takeover

Inkblades

Well, hmmm. Didn't he also feel that way when they were making White Pony?

stu_101

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 20, 2016, 06:39 PM
So apparently Stef didnt like how the album was turning out, at least at the start, and it was hard for him to finish it all. Also, he says him and the band have been going different directions and that they started "leaving him"?? Sounds odd...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/deftones_guitarist_and_co-founder_stephen_carpenter_talks_to_ug_i_didnt_want_to_play_on_the_new_record.html?no_takeover
That's quite a depressing read. I've felt for a few years that Stef's input was somewhat diluted. For me, Stef offers the edge and attack that give Deftones some balls. Lose that, and the band looses its core.  Over the last few years particularly, I feel there's some friction between Chino and Stef - I hope this isn't starting to surface now. Meanwhile, all that said, Stef's riffs on KNY and DE wasn't what I'd m call jaw dropping. I'm excited to hear a new approach but I hope this isn't the beginning of the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laurapalmer

That article makes me feel like this record is going to be wonderful.

Freedomsoldier17

there's been beef between chino and steph since the WP era. then it was mostly over whoever took the lead in the guitar aspects of things, since chino started playing. the interview seems to show the divide has expanded somewhat...which is definitely a little worrying. but everyone has to understand Deftones have been together in some form since 1988, that's a long freakin time. Considering they're all in their 40s now it kinda makes sense at least one of them wants to go in a different direction as they've aged. but also maybe steph was just in a bad mood when he gave the interview and overstated the situation, could go either way.

rainnyx4

Hope those new song lengths will prove to be false. Would really like them to further expand on the progressive songwriting seen on KNY with longer songs and more interludes/intros/outros.

laurapalmer

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 20, 2016, 08:14 PM
Hope those new song lengths will prove to be false. Would really like them to further expand on the progressive songwriting seen on KNY with longer songs and more interludes/intros/outros.

In that podcast Chino said he thought the record was 45 or 46 minutes long so 48 would/could make sense.

kurtone

Some of the answers could have been taken out of context. Step seems to be pretty light hearted in interviews so its possible he may have been kidding when he said they were "leaving him" behind or whatever.

bewareofrats

Quote from: digital bath on Feb 20, 2016, 11:37 AM
Quote from: bewareofrats on Feb 20, 2016, 08:00 AM

Are you from Switzerland?
No.  I found it on the Gore Wikipedia page and it linked to that site.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 20, 2016, 06:39 PM

While all that might sound a little ominous, the best part of that article is the writer's note at the end:

"Writer's Note: I was also able to listen to the new album. Although I have been sworn to secrecy on the specifics (blood oath) I can say that whether you are a fan of the softer melodic sound or the heavy aggressive sound, you will be pleased with both on this album. The sonic diversity is perhaps a result of the creative rifts within the band. Blending the soft and melodic with the heavy and aggressive has always been the trademark of the Deftones' sound and this album does not disappoint. Tension often breeds creativity and brings out the best in a group. That seems to be the case on 'Gore.'"
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

DeftonesNZ

Nothing really new here that push pull tension has always been there and it's the sound that comes from both of them comprising that makes them unique, I would hate an album without Stephens riffs but I would also probably hate an album of just his songs.