Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRexall

Except the album isn't out for another six weeks. So in the mean time, the Deftones internet experts will do the talking

"That 30-second Gore clip sounded like fucking ass on my computer speakers! This album is gonna suck, they're finished!"

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 25, 2016, 05:58 AM

Except the album isn't out for another six weeks. So in the mean time, the Deftones internet experts will do the talking

"That 30-second Gore clip sounded like fucking ass on my computer speakers! This album is gonna suck, they're finished!"

No one is talking like this though? People are worried over the Stef interview, which is fair enough. What exactly are you referring to here?? If anything people seem pretty positive about the album, despite that aforementioned interview. 90% of what I've read is hype over P/T, and hype over Phantom Bride.
Much respect,
-Matt

Penicks

so the lead guitarist says he's not fond of the direction the band took on the latest album

and we're supposed ignore that?

fucking lol, you blind fanboys will lap up anything

laurapalmer

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 25, 2016, 07:03 AM
so the lead guitarist says he's not fond of the direction the band took on the latest album

and we're supposed ignore that?

fucking lol, you blind fanboys will lap up anything

Lead guitarist wasn't fond of the direction the band took on White Pony. I see no reason to panic

from_musings

Apparently stef's favourite song on gore is "Acid hologram" - 2nd song on the album. He said so on B-real tv 2/11/2016, when they listened to prayers/triangles:

Adam: do you have a favourite song on that album you cannot wait for us to hear?

Stef: the song that comes next on the record.

Adam: so you're excited for number 2?

Stef: I'm excited for them all,but the song that comes right after that is one that i really like.

ANattyRat

Quote from: jaypayton on Feb 25, 2016, 01:00 AM
steph basically saying the album sucks....shades of jim martins final days with faith no more...doing interview complaining on how he doesnt like the direction the band is going etc...chino finally got his wish. without stef, they will turn into fucking duran duran

You've been saying this ever since you first joined this forum. You literally only ever comment to complain about the band. What enjoyment do you even get from listening to their music anymore? It seems like you've just become someone who keeps up with them to whine about everything.

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 25, 2016, 10:01 AM
Apparently stef's favourite song on gore is "Acid hologram" - 2nd song on the album. He said so on B-real tv 2/11/2016, when they listened to prayers/triangles:

Adam: do you have a favourite song on that album you cannot wait for us to hear?

Stef: the song that comes next on the record.

Adam: so you're excited for number 2?

Stef: I'm excited for them all,but the song that comes right after that is one that i really like.

That's surprisingly positive. Then again, he did say that he wasn't into it at first, and it took him a while to get excited, so I guess he's on board with it now? Despite there still being creative difference problems.

from_musings

maybe he wasn't excited about the material like halfway in the process, when he got the songs and ideas presented to him. perhaps he did something sick ass with the song,and chino the dictator approved it and let it stay on the album.

pure speculation of course.

from_musings

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Feb 25, 2016, 06:52 AM
Quote from: NYRexall on Feb 25, 2016, 05:58 AM

No one is talking like this though? People are worried over the Stef interview, which is fair enough. What exactly are you referring to here?? If anything people seem pretty positive about the album, despite that aforementioned interview. 90% of what I've read is hype over P/T, and hype over Phantom Bride.

Tilt at windmills:

Fig. to fight battles with imaginary enemies;to waste time trying to deal with enemies or problems that do not exist.
(As with the fictional character, Don Quixote, who attacked windmills)

Freedomsoldier17

question...has anyone heard Prayers/Triangles on the radio? (besides its premiere, of course)

Vesanic

You better enjoy Gore. Because this is the last Deftones album you'll ever get.

mono

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 25, 2016, 03:29 PM

EROS....

cvthedrv

Quote from: MrVesanique on Feb 25, 2016, 03:29 PM

i dunno if i could.

jaypayton

this is the last album..steph is gone. Chino is clearly over heavy music. too busy hanging with his hipster buddy shaun lopez listening to kanye and beiber....what should be more concerning to the fanboys is Chino is starting to look like 2006 era with the weight he has put on. youd think wifey would keep his fat ass in check. hes gotta be at least 230 again...not exactly healthy to put on a ton of weight, lose it, then put it back on

ANattyRat

Wow, you guys should work for a magazine. Not a music one, I mean one of those magazines that thrive on speculation, overreactions and general stupid stuff. I doubt Gore will be their last album. Stephen may or may not leave, but it was one interview, and as worrying as what he said is, he's also said positive stuff, so who knows? As for people crying about them not being heavy anymore, stop living in the past. If you prefer their heavy music, that's your preference, that's cool. But stop whining about how it means they're not Deftones anymore. They haven't sounded like 'classic' Deftones since White Pony.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 25, 2016, 05:09 PM
Wow, you guys should work for a magazine. Not a music one, I mean one of those magazines that thrive on speculation, overreactions and general stupid stuff.

Yes, I think most of the people here would do excellent with the National Inquirer.

The most reasonable assumption is that Chino has been abducted by aliens, and they've replaced him with a reptilian whose goal is to take down Deftones from within. 

Stephen is obviously leaving the band, how could anyone think otherwise?  That one interview where one time he said that he didn't like the direction of that one album one time is clear evidence of a Deftones split & possible alien conspiracy. 

Perhaps there's something about chemtrails here too....
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

the7thsaga

I hope the band doesn't pay much attention to this place, because this "community" is the drizzling shits. Call me when the ATF or selftitled instrumentals drop. Holler

Capt Snow

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Feb 25, 2016, 05:26 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 25, 2016, 05:09 PM
Wow, you guys should work for a magazine. Not a music one, I mean one of those magazines that thrive on speculation, overreactions and general stupid stuff.

Yes, I think most of the people here would do excellent with the National Inquirer.

The most reasonable assumption is that Chino has been abducted by aliens, and they've replaced him with a reptilian whose goal is to take down Deftones from within. 

Stephen is obviously leaving the band, how could anyone think otherwise?  That one interview where one time he said that he didn't like the direction of that one album one time is clear evidence of a Deftones split & possible alien conspiracy. 

Perhaps there's something about chemtrails here too....

kek

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

cvthedrv

Quote from: the7thsaga on Feb 25, 2016, 05:31 PM
I hope the band doesn't pay much attention to this place, because this "community" is the drizzling shits. Call me when the ATF or selftitled instrumentals drop. Holler

just 5 posts and you're tired of this place?, GTFO.

Cant wait til 8 april, to end this fucking horrible hype, and to answer all my questions.

Vesanic

I never mentioned the heaviness